How many products did you import then launch store?

Miles

I know it varies based on person, niche, and overall goal.

I'm focusing in the clothing niche and would like to know how many products did you list then launch your store?

I'll be setting up 5 categories to start importing 5 products for each category, total 25 products.

Miles

G
i launched with 50 products and have around 60ish now. adding more daily
How long did it take you to lauch with 50 products?

I'm currently importing at least one a day, each product will be tailored to my audience so there will be gutting and reshaping the product listing, usually done within one day. So hopefully, I will have my store launch in mid April

i did everything and launched it within 1 week. My first ninche i started was camping but i quickly abandoned it.

It was taking me hours and hours to add a single camping product, why?

What i realized with camping products are that those items are very detail oriented. meaning customers really read up on the actual item and find out what its for or how it works. i had to spend a lot of time typing up descriptions, converting unit measurements, etc... this literally took me days to add a few items. and then at the end of it, the margin was crappy too. i spent over 2 weeks just to get 50 products and i hadn't even done anything else.

Now i just focus on art, i realize with art, people don't care about the product description as much. they look at it because its ART :) the images sell the product themselves so it's a lot quicker and easier

Miles

That's good that you picked that up. It's really in the audience. I too was dabbling, focused in specific toy niche, but the profit margin was way too low and my interest was not there so I had to change before investing further.

Local Hiker

i did everything and launched it within 1 week. My first ninche i started was camping but i quickly abandoned it.

It was taking me hours and hours to add a single camping product, why?

What i realized with camping products are that those items are very detail oriented. meaning customers really read up on the actual item and find out what its for or how it works. i had to spend a lot of time typing up descriptions, converting unit measurements, etc... this literally took me days to add a few items. and then at the end of it, the margin was crappy too. i spent over 2 weeks just to get 50 products and i hadn't even done anything else.

I just started with hiking products and already see the writing on the wall. I posted about it here:
https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/disappointed-so-far.1617/