How to import shipping options using alidropship woo plugin

fpesca

One look at those $68 shipping options for their tacky $3 phone cover and the customers will choke on their coffee. LOL :)
Unless you just want them for your own reference, and not for customer choice.

I'm just going to keep it simple and effective (to compensate for long shipping times)

Free shipping/ePacket.
Or ... (cheap) paid shipping/ePacket (Provided free)

i.e, Free Shipping ... only.

I tend to agree with you... that is what I am trying to implement.
But I have an issue with the "(cheap) paid shipping/ePacket (Provided free)"
For cheap items (those that you can sell on your store for prices around the 10-20 $), most times the ePacket shipping is not free and actually, the shipping cost is frequently in the same range of the item cost (sometimes even higher).
If you are using the automated pricing rule you risk seeing your margin reduce very much if not become negative...
How do you deal with such situations?
I would love to have a pricing rule that takes into account the shipping costs when calculating the price, but this brings us back to the initial topic since shipping costs may vary for different countries... so which one to use for the pricing rule?
To sort this issue out I would allow the user to select only one country (e.g. USA) to define the "average/worst" shipping cost to be accounted for in the pricing rule...
@Yaros what do you think about this ? can it be implemented?

Direct Webstore

If you are using the automated pricing rule you risk seeing your margin reduce very much if not become negative...
I seriously doubt that. Let's face it. droppshipping has VERY low overheads. and pretty high pricing/profit margins. And the possibility of the margins going into the negative is laughable, in my opinion. I guess it may be possible if the store was being run by a complete idiot with no common sense at all though. But in that case, this would only be one of many problems they'd face.

pavlosol

Setting a default shipping location has been discussed a couple of times in this forum already. It's done on a product by product basis as you edit them (obviously) I don't have time to repeat it all again every time someone asks. If no one else does ... you can use the "Search box" above.
(That thing covered in rust and spiderwebs that no one uses. lol)

:) I used That thing covered in rust and spiderwebs that no one uses but I couldnt find an answer. Can you point to a post?

Mar

Sorry you are feeling annoyed! Maybe you should find another job since moderating forums will harm you in the long run.
Thanks for the answer.
I repeat, it is annoying to see questions answered a thousand times in the past. That is what the "Search forums" is all about. If you think this is a paid job, it is not.

Direct Webstore

Sorry you are feeling annoyed! Maybe you should find another job since moderating forums
It's not the job of forum moderators to answer questions for lazy and/or incompetent people. That's Support's job. I'd suggest you use Google to search for the meaning of the word "moderator" ... but you've already shown that your search skills may not be up to the task. So scrap that idea. lol

I'm not a moderator, but I get a bit annoyed at incompetent people incapable of doing simple searches and demand answers to be handed to them on a silver plate over and over again too.

Honestly, I really wonder how people like that would ever succeed in running an online business. My guess is that they just join the long list of failed dreamers. My signature below explains a possible reason why.

:)

Last edited:

pavlosol

I repeat, it is annoying to see questions answered a thousand times in the past. That is what the "Search forums" is all about. If you think this is a paid job, it is not.
sorry I didnt know that you do this just for helping people. if you do that then just help without letting your frustration about repeated questions. Pointing in the right direction would be helpful enough without any further discussions.

It's not the job of forum moderators to answer questions for lazy and/or incompetent people. That's Support's job. I'd suggest you use Google to search for the meaning of the word "moderator" ... but you've already shown that your search skills may not be up to the task. So scrap that idea. lol

I'm not a moderator, but I get a bit annoyed at incompetent people incapable of doing simple searches and demand answers to be handed to them on a silver plate over and over again too.

Honestly, I really wonder how people like that would ever succeed in running an online business. My guess is that they just join the long list of failed dreamers. My signature below explains a possible reason why.
:)

I suggest you stop reading forums if they are getting you that annoyed.
I guess you would thrive in selling pencil sharpeners:cool:

Direct Webstore

I didnt know that you do this just for helping people.
Again, that's not a moderators job. Mar is helping just as a "member". If only you were capable of Googling the definition of "moderator"... *sigh*

I suggest you stop reading forums if they are getting you that annoyed.
get a bit annoyed
And now ... if only you were capable of Googling the meaning of the word "bit" ... lol

I guess you would thrive in selling pencil sharpeners
With people like you ... you're absolutely correct. It's first intelligent thing you'said so far. Congratulations! Maybe there's hope for you yet! :)

fpesca

I seriously doubt that. Let's face it. droppshipping has VERY low overheads. and pretty high pricing/profit margins. And the possibility of the margins going into the negative is laughable, in my opinion. I guess it may be possible if the store was being run by a complete idiot with no common sense at all though. But in that case, this would only be one of many problems they'd face.
Well I don't want to start a pointless discussion on this topic but if you consider a product like this
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Por...lgo_pvid=0cc24204-535f-4f47-8331-3eb7746a0f5f
which has a cost of 1.19 $ and ePacket shipping to US of 2.42$
If I apply a pricing rule 4X the original cost, the price on my store would be 4x1.19=4.76$ and my cost 1.19+2.42=3.61$ with margin 1.15 $ (peanuts)
If the pricing rule considered the actual cost+shipping, and applied the same 4x logic, I would have a price on my store of 4x3,61=14.4 $ and a margin of 10.79$...
I let you draw the conclusions on which rule you want to apply...

Direct Webstore

Well I don't want to start a pointless discussion on this topic
Neither do I. It's been discussed to death on this forum already. The Search link above will reveal all. :)

but if you consider a product like this
common sense
Apply this ... and screen products you use. There are articles in the blog section ( https://alidropship.com/category/blog/ ) and at www.help.alidropship.com that explain how. They both have search boxes too. ;)

Mar

sorry I didnt know that you do this just for helping people. if you do that then just help without letting your frustration about repeated questions. Pointing in the right direction would be helpful enough without any further discussions.
I answered your questions not as a moderator but just like any other members in the forum. If a question is repeated and was answered many times and I am annoyed, I should say it and you can't stop me. Everything has a limit and that include answering questions over and over.