Good Hosting

ebi

Hi,

I want to ask about the host, what hosting do you use, can you recommend me, hosting is good because I want to move my hosting.

Thank's

Direct Webstore

unlimted for both bandwidth and disk space
Many, many have that. It's the server speed and Inode limits that are a big concern. If it's slow, you'll lose customers, if the inode limit is low, it limits the number of files you can have and in turn the number of products you can have. (Number of files and "unlimited disk space" are unrelated.)

Reactions: ebi

Direct Webstore

Actually, anyone with so called "Unlimited Disk Space" should check the Inode limit. They don't publicise it as it sticks a giant pin in their "Unlimited Disk Space" sales pitch.

Many hosts have a limit of 200,000 files Inode limit. A basic Wordpress setup with a theme and a few plugins and NO PRODUCTS could be around 150,000 files already. That leaves you 50,000 left for product images. And all imported images get duplicated into different sizes by Wordpress. Then you also have images for blogs. They all add up quickly. 50,000 may be OK for a single site with a few hundred products ... but if you want to increase the product number or host another site ... you're screwed.

So if, for example the Inode limit is 100 ... that's all the files you can have. If you have "Unlimited Disk space" it makes no difference if those 100 files are 10mb or 1000GB. Ten files is all you can have. So "Unlimited Disk Space" is completely useless unless the Inode limit is also unlimited.

I use Hostgator Business Cloud. The Inode limit is unlimited. The disk space is unlimited. No worries. :)

If you do have a limited Inode limit that's getting close to maximum already ... I suggest you only host the Feature image and leave the rest on Aliexpress. (Configured via Settings)

Your CPanel will have your Inode limit listed in the info panel on the left or right.

Last edited:

Gary Gerardo

If you do have a limited Inode limit that's getting close to maximum already ... I suggest you only host the Feature image and leave the rest on Aliexpress. (Configured via Settings)

Your CPanel will have your Inode limit listed in the info panel on the left or right.[/QUOTE]

Nice tip. Thanks friend

Mar

I want to ask about the host, what hosting do you use, can you recommend me, hosting is good because I want to move my hosting.
I just moved my website due to a number of issues including the support and downtime issues and I remember you asked this question not very long ago, although most probably you have moved your site already by now. I used to have this VPS plan with 2 CPU core and 4GB RAM. Recently, I bought the cheapest shared hosting plan of InterServer, the STANDARD WEB HOSTING PLAN.

My concern then was moving the website since many hosting provider refuse to transfer sites that are not in cPanel, mine was not. The plan is to upgrade to a VPS plan after the migration and the test. It's been several days now and I can't believe this cheapest shared plan is much much better than the VPS plan that I used to have. Never have a downtime and the support is very prompt and knowledgeable. The site is loading much faster now with a Litespeed server, usually you have to pay for it.

Since I have no problem so far, I am still in this shared plan, $5.00/month. It is even free for the first month if your purchase is the first time and you don't have an account with them yet. So if ever you are still trying to find a good hosting provider, try InterServer, To find out more, just follow this link: https://www.interserver.net/r/502444.

Last edited:

Mar

OK. thank.
If it's not a secret, how long does it take for you now to manually update all products?
There is no secret about it, but I am not updating manually now. I activated auto update and the CPU usage is normal. Although you did not ask, I have more than 1700 published products at the moment thus making the Disk Usage 16.82GB.

1552571161005.png

1552571318177.png
1552571463719.png

Leo237

There is no secret about it, but I am not updating manually now. I activated auto update and the CPU usage is normal. Although you did not ask, I have more than 1700 published products at the moment thus making the Disk Usage 16.82GB.
Thanks for the detailed answer!
(I saw the number of products in your store in other topics)
Last question - are you using the Woo plugin now?

isabelleroger

View attachment 8348

View attachment 8349
View attachment 8350
Hello, and thanks for your message. I would like to know if you use Alidropship Woo with this? I wonder because I just learned that the woo version become slow if you have over 500 products. thanks

Mar

Hello, and thanks for your message. I would like to know if you use Alidropship Woo with this? I wonder because I just learned that the woo version become slow if you have over 500 products. thanks
I am using Alidropship Woo. Yes, having more than 500 products and autoupdate activated would peak CPU usage and eventually crash the site. That is the issue with the woo version, including my site before I moved to this host provider. This issue is not resolved, many are having this issue until now. Many members in this forum have signed up with this link https://www.interserver.net/r/502444, all with good feed back.

isabelleroger

Ok, I see, so the woo version is making a problem with the cpu usage. Ok, Good to know what is the problem. I am still building my website, I have not started yet, but it's good to know in advance that I have to check the cpu usage. I will check with my hosting company if it's a problem and if so, I will transfer to interserver.net.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Reactions: Mar

isabelleroger

Ok, I see. Well, I have access to my cpanel so I can see the cpu usage anytime.

But I just read one of your post and you say that you asked your hosting provider to do something in the server that fix the problem with CPU and auto updates. By any chance, did they tell you what they did?

Direct Webstore

By any chance, did they tell you what they did?
I believe they activated "apcu" and "opcache" in the PHP settings in CPanel. I use Interserver too and it has these settings. Not all hosts have them though.

"Interserver" is one of the solutions I mentioned to you in the other thread. Use Mar's link above. I recommend them too. I'd even go as far to say to scrap your current host completely and start fresh with Interserver now.