Facebook Ads

Adidol

Hello! I recently launched my online store related to women's accessories. I'm planning for a FB ad campaign. I've seen customer reviews of my products on my website that mainly originate from Russia and other countries, while if I check the FB active insights on the products related to what I sell, I get to see the top countries listed where FB audience engage, but most of the audience comes from Brazil, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the U.S after some criteria is specified. How will this impact my FB ad campaign considering that there's some inconsistency in website review audience and the FB audience?

The Dropper

i really can't see how this will influence your ad campaigns ?! as long as you follow FB TOS on your ads, you are OK .

Adidol

I believe you haven't comprehended my question. I'm referring to the notion of the countries where most buyers originate from. If Facebook tells me that majority of the audience of product A,B and C originate from Brazil, USA, Mexico, Indonesia and India, but the website product reviews show a different picture (meaning most of the actual buyers don't come from any of these countries specified in FB insights), rather they come from those countries that have a low ranking in the FB audience insight, then how will this ad campaign be successful?

The Dropper

I believe you haven't comprehended my question. I'm referring to the notion of the countries where most buyers originate from. If Facebook tells me that majority of the audience of product A,B and C originate from Brazil, USA, Mexico, Indonesia and India, but the website product reviews show a different picture (meaning most of the actual buyers don't come from any of these countries specified in FB insights), rather they come from those countries that have a low ranking in the FB audience insight, then how will this ad campaign be successful?

Sorry, i thought you were talking about legal matters ! well , as for your campaign performance, this would mean simply that the traffic you get from FB is not converting ! you need to target the countries from where you get orders, however,might i ask you if you're talking about reviews generated from your current customers or reviews imported from AE ??

Adidol

Sorry, i thought you were talking about legal matters ! well , as for your campaign performance, this would mean simply that the traffic you get from FB is not converting ! you need to target the countries from where you get orders, however,might i ask you if you're talking about reviews generated from your current customers or reviews imported from AE ??

I ordered a custom built store from Alidropship. The reviews that show up are from Ali express. I haven't made any sales yet as the website checking just got completed so I'm trying to go for advertisement/promotion. I cannot know whether or not traffic is converting because haven't launched any ad campaign yet. I'm only referring to the Audience insight that gives us a picture of who our audience are based on the interests (in this case my product niche) we specify. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to differentiate between reviews from Aliexpress and those that are generated from my own store once products are bought. But regardless of where they get generated, the niche is the same on website as well as facebook insights, and it's the audience or potential buyers for that niche that bothers me. I understand that Facebook only gives the data that is available in its database, and does not necessarily mean the audience in the data are 'buyers' of the products. So I guess it's like shooting in the dark.

The Dropper

I ordered a custom built store from Alidropship. The reviews that show up are from Ali express. I haven't made any sales yet as the website checking just got completed so I'm trying to go for advertisement/promotion. I cannot know whether or not traffic is converting because haven't launched any ad campaign yet. I'm only referring to the Audience insight that gives us a picture of who our audience are based on the interests (in this case my product niche) we specify. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to differentiate between reviews from Aliexpress and those that are generated from my own store once products are bought. But regardless of where they get generated, the niche is the same on website as well as facebook insights, and it's the audience or potential buyers for that niche that bothers me. I understand that Facebook only gives the data that is available in its database, and does not necessarily mean the audience in the data are 'buyers' of the products. So I guess it's like shooting in the dark.

I think you need to forget about the reviews imported from AE ! you can use them to know more about which countries to target on campaigns but i don't see how else they will bother you, FB insights contains info about the traffic you brought to your page & that you are targeting, this is where you have to focus !

Adidol

I think you need to forget about the reviews imported from AE ! you can use them to know more about which countries to target on campaigns but i don't see how else they will bother you, FB insights contains info about the traffic you brought to your page & that you are targeting, this is where you have to focus !

Thanks for your persistent feedback. You said "you can use them to know more about which countries to target on campaigns.." So that's what the issue is. If I use the data from the review to target the countries during my ad campaign creation, it will apparently conflict with the data suggested in the audience insight. In short, the audience suggested by the insight will not really match those in the review, in that the top countries that can buy the products will be different.

Here I'm not referring to the insight that contains info about traffic I brought to my page, rather the general info available for people engaged in certain interests. And the bad thing about ad campaigns with smaller budget is, I cannot target multiple countries considering how the campaigns operate. I will hardly get any audience to view my ads. I will need to narrow my demographics, by cities in a country or two and not even the whole country.

Check the screenshots attached. You can see I specified age group from 18-44 in the insights for women only with interest in accessories such as jewelry, handbags, purses, cosmetics and those into online shopping. I have left the country to All so it collects data from all nations. And as you see, the top countries selected are brazil, USA, indonesia, India and a few more. But if you see the reviews from my store for similar products such as jewelry and cosmetics, you will realise very few comments from brazil and USA while most come from Russia or those with red/white/blue flags and a few other nations who are ranked low in the Facebook insights.

I can use the review section to target the country in my ads, but then as per facebook's insight, the audience from these countries rank very low for the interest specified...and I may not be able to drive them to my ad at all.

Attachments

• insight1.JPG
    insight1.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 18
  • insight2.JPG
    insight2.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 21
  • insight3.JPG
    insight3.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 20
  • review1.JPG
    review1.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 16
  • review2.JPG
    review2.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 14
  • review3.JPG
    review3.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 13
  • review4.JPG
    review4.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 13
  • review5.JPG
    review5.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 13
  • review6.JPG
    review6.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 12

Sunster

Staff member
Not sure why you are even using the review section as some kind of indication of where your potential sales will come from. Simply put the reviews you imported from Aliexpress have no connection or impact on ad campaigns.

Direct Webstore

I'm referring to the notion of the countries where most buyers originate from.
Those reviews are from people who buy directly from Aliexpress ... and Aliexpress has a huge Russian customer base. YOU are not selling to Aliexpress customers, you are selling to customers targeted on Facebook. Two totally different customer bases unrelated to each other.

Not sure why you are even using the review section as some kind of indication of where your potential sales will come from.
Exactly. His "potential sales" will come from Facebook demographics/audiences ... not Aliexpress customers. He should also use Google Trends to see which countries are more interested in his products.

TIP: Edit those Russian reviews. :)

Last edited: