Write Killer Product Description

bachdim54

Hi all newbie here,

i just launch my website, but not sure if my product description is correct and able to convert to sales.
do you have any tips about how to write product description that convert well.

thanks in advance

Mar

Hi all newbie here,

i just launch my website, but not sure if my product description is correct and able to convert to sales.
do you have any tips about how to write product description that convert well.

thanks in advance
You need some research. Visit some successful online stores and see their product descriptions.

bachdim54

You need some research. Visit some successful online stores and see their product descriptions.
can you give me some sample of successful online store out there?
it seems every time i saw a post about how success they are, they never reveal their store to anyone.

Direct Webstore

do you have any tips about how to write product description

1. Include at least the physical description and what it does. (Size, colour etc)

2. Write about how useful it is and include examples of how it can help the customer and why they should buy it.

3. If possible, include a bit of Humor. e.g "Star Trek Pocket watch, tell time where no man has told time before" (Only funny to a Star Trek Fan ... lol)

4. Search for a video of the product and embed it at the bottom of the description. If they see it being used, it sells better.

Mar

can you give me some sample of successful online store out there?
it seems every time i saw a post about how success they are, they never reveal their store to anyone.
When I said successful online stores it don't mean dropshipping stores that are not revealing. Search any product in Google, you will see thousand of online stores selling the product. These are the online stores I mean.

Direct Webstore

Search any product in Google, you will see thousand of online stores selling the product.

Good idea ...

But to bachdim54, I advise you to not copy/paste those descriptions 100% ... but to change the words and sentence order a bit or Google will penalise you for having duplicate content. (be lower in search result ranking)

Kaykay

1. Include at least the physical description and what it does. (Size, colour etc)

2. Write about how useful it is and include examples of how it can help the customer and why they should buy it.

3. If possible, include a bit of Humor. e.g "Star Trek Pocket watch, tell time where no man has told time before" (Only funny to a Star Trek Fan ... lol)

4. Search for a video of the product and embed it at the bottom of the description. If they see it being used, it sells better.
I like your suggestion no 4 above. However, if I check on youtube and get a video of the product and embed, wont there be copyright infringement? Whats the way around this?

Direct Webstore

I like your suggestion no 4 above. However, if I check on youtube and get a video of the product and embed, wont there be copyright infringement? Whats the way around this?
Many Aliexpress products have videos in the sellers listing that you can download and re-upload to Youtube (I wouldn't link to them or anything on ALiexpress) ... as for other videos from elsewhere, I edit them, insert slide shows of pics into them, put a new soundtrack on them etc. Or some I just link to them. I've never had any copyright infringement problems, and if I did, they would simply ask me to remove the video ... which I would. No drama. :) (But it hasn't happened yet)

bachdim54

BTW should i add some kind of reassurance that the transaction is safe like a badge or something?

Direct Webstore

BTW should i add some kind of reassurance that the transaction is safe like a badge or something?
You should have those on your site anyway ... in the footer and/or header and checkout pages. Putting them into every product description as well is overkill and would look a bit fake in my opinion.

Direct Webstore

But don't these products come with their own default descriptions upon importing via plugin?
If you don't want to be penalised by Google for duplicate content and your customers scared off by shoddy Chinese English ... write your own descriptions and rewrite those ridiculously long titles. This is all covered in help.alidropship.com and the blog section ... as well as being common sense.

I just keep the sizes/dimensions/material info and delete everything else ... and write my own description.

:)

Last edited: