Single Product Promo Page (DaVinci child theme)

Mar

No. Backup the old child theme, switch to Davinci mother theme, delete your child theme, upload the new child theme with your edited files added to it. Dont over write the functions.php or header.php in the new theme. If you had edits in your old header.php ... you need to do them again in the new header.php. You can overwrite the styles.css in the new theme with your own from your old theme.
Thanks for sharing. It worked like a charm, my child theme look exactly the same, but it is /sale at the end of the URL. I just can't find a place for the link of the page, I just added Promo in the top menu in the mean time while I figure it out.

Mar

No. Backup the old child theme, switch to Davinci mother theme, delete your child theme, upload the new child theme with your edited files added to it. Dont over write the functions.php or header.php in the new theme. If you had edits in your old header.php ... you need to do them again in the new header.php. You can overwrite the styles.css in the new theme with your own from your old theme.
As a follow-up, I just discovered that I cannot select the variation of the product in the promo page. The variation of the product is highlighted upon hover but don't hold. As a result, the BUY NOW button is not working.

Mar

Yes, Promo page is still in beta, we'll let you know once testing is done.
Yes, we're working on Upsell at the moment.
Ekaterina, I managed to integrate the Single Product Promo Page to my child theme. I just discovered that I cannot select the variation (color, size) of the product. The variation of the product is highlighted upon hover but don't hold. As a result, the BUY NOW button is not working. Please help.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Ekaterina, I managed to integrate the Single Product Promo Page to my child theme. I just discovered that I cannot select the variation (color, size) of the product. The variation of the product is highlighted upon hover but don't hold. As a result, the BUY NOW button is not working. Please help.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! The bug will be fixed straightaway.

Direct Webstore

I just discovered that I cannot select the variation of the product in the promo page. The variation of the product is highlighted upon hover but don't hold. As a result, the BUY NOW button is not working.

I haven't tried a product with a variation yet but I don't think the problem is to do with the "merging" ... probably a pre existing problem with the stock child theme.

Mar

Oh! ... just saw this ... lol
Ekaterina is working on it. I can switch back and forth with my other child theme while waiting. I was able to install the new Promo Page child theme with edited files together with the other child theme in place. But the unedited Promo Page child theme is not possible to install without removing the other, wondering why.

Direct Webstore

not possible to install without removing the other, wondering why.

They both have the same name. I "think" you could upload a Davinci mother theme with the folder re named to davinci2 and a child theme with a re named folder davinci2-child .... also change "Template: davinci" to "Template: davinci2" in the child themes styles.css. I haven't actually tried this but if it works you could have two versions of the theme sitting there.

Mar

They both have the same name. I "think" you could upload a Davinci mother theme with the folder re named to davinci2 and a child theme with a re named folder davinci2-child .... also change "Template: davinci" to "Template: davinci2" in the child themes styles.css. I haven't actually tried this but if it works you could have two versions of the theme sitting there.
The two child themes are there: https://snag.gy/GcbIMh.jpg, very easy to switch between the two. They have the same names in admin theme folder, but is cPanel theme folder they are different: https://snag.gy/CbhepO.jpg. But I tried install the unedited Promo Page, it won't without removing the existing.

Direct Webstore

That won't work. You need two davinci mother themes installed. One with folder name "davinci" and another with folder name "davinci2" ... plus the two child themes "davinci-child" and "davinci2-child". Edit the styles.css in davinci2-child as described above. The davinci-child could be your normal child theme and the davinci2-child could be the merged promo page one.
You can't have two child themes using one mother theme. You need a separate mother theme for each one.

Mar

That won't work. You need two davinci mother themes installed. One with folder name "davinci" and another with folder name "davinci2" ... plus the two child themes "davinci-child" and "davinci2-child". Edit the styles.css in davinci2-child as described above. The davinci-child could be your normal child theme and the davinci2-child could be the merged promo page one.
You can't have two child themes using one mother theme. You need a separate mother theme for each one.
You see in the screenshots, they are both there and they are working. I have tried switching between the two child themes.

Direct Webstore

I can only see 1 mother theme 1 child theme there. Plus the image for the active one.

And in the cpanel shot you only have 1 mother theme , a child theme and an differently named child theme. You need another mother theme for that renamed child.

Last edited:

Mar

I can only see 1 mother theme 1 child theme there. Plus the image for the active one.
There is one mother theme, two child themes. The image of the active one is the Promo Page theme. Since it was edited to be the same, they look exactly the same including the menu. The difference is with Promo Page, when you click Promo in the menu it will open the promo page. The other will open any product but no Promo Page. I am also wondering about it, but that is the way it work now.

Direct Webstore

The difference is with Promo Page, when you click Promo in the menu it will open the promo page. The other will open any product but no Promo Page.
I don't really understand this. But if you do exactly as I described above with TWO mother themes and TWO child themes ... it should work.

Direct Webstore

If you want to have two child themes based on the same mother theme "installed" so you don't have to keep deleting/renaming one of them each time you switch ... you also need two of the same identical mother themes with different names. e.g davinci and davinci2. That's the only answer to your original problem switching between the two. Unless I am completely misunderstanding you. Anyway ... that's about all I can say about it at the moment. (or .. wink wink, just wait till next week)

Mar

If you want to have two child themes based on the same mother theme "installed" so you don't have to keep deleting/renaming one of them each time you switch ... you also need two of the same identical mother themes with different names. e.g davinci and davinci2. That's the only answer to your original problem switching between the two. Unless I am completely misunderstanding you. Anyway ... that's about all I can say about it at the moment. (or .. wink wink, just wait till next week)
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but there is no problem in switching between the two. I even said earlier since the two child themes are there, it is easy to switch between the two. There is no problem really, except the Buy Now button that is not working which you have noticed also.