Automatic order fulfilling & tracking page?

learner

1.How to add order tracking on Alidropship woocommere plugin? I have added the shortcode [ads-track] on a blank page, but it doesn;t show any option to check tracking. Instead it shows just the word [ads-track].
2. Once we get the tracking number, does the plugin(Woo version) automatically add it in woocommerce & update order status?
3. If so, is mail sent to customer automatically?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
1.How to add order tracking on Alidropship woocommere plugin? I have added the shortcode [ads-track] on a blank page, but it doesn;t show any option to check tracking. Instead it shows just the word [ads-track].
2. Once we get the tracking number, does the plugin(Woo version) automatically add it in woocommerce & update order status?
3. If so, is mail sent to customer automatically?
1. You can use options that are provided by a theme or standard WooCommerce options.
2,3. If you enable Order shipped notification option in AliDropship Woo General Settings: once all tracking IDs will be collected Order complete notification will be sent automatically.

Salito

1. You can use options that are provided by a theme or standard WooCommerce options.
2,3. If you enable Order shipped notification option in AliDropship Woo General Settings: once all tracking IDs will be collected Order complete notification will be sent automatically.
If that is the case and tracking is sent automatically to our customers, why do we need to register with mail services?

You *should* but it isnt required to use a mailing service. The reason you use sendgrid, or something like that is to stop your domain from being blacklisted by sending lots of emails. Most services like hotmail, gmail, yahoo will generally block *all* you emails you send to customers because of this. If someone decides to mark your messages as spam this will affect your mailing as well. The easy way to counteract this is to let someone else send your emails to your customers with a better domain reputation then yours. I'd recommend mailgun as it has a free plan and doubtfully you will exceed the monthly sending limit.

There is no any Order shipped notification option in AliDropship Woo General Settings. For that what can I do? Please Guide.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria, if order shipped is the same as complete what about the order delivered email (when a customer picked up the order from the post office)?
AliDropship Woo plugin doesn't interfere at email notifications of WooCommerce except of sending Tracking IDs . So, please read WooCommerce docs about email notifications and its set up.

shin

So in order to have the complete order email be sent to customers, the setting should off for Don't add tracking and on for Order shipped notification? Do they get an email with tracking ID or a link that takes them directly to tracking site?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
So in order to have the complete order email be sent to customers, the setting should off for Don't add tracking and on for Order shipped notification? Do they get an email with tracking ID or a link that takes them directly to tracking site?
Correct, They will have tracking ID link that redirects them to the tracking service you've selected in admin area.

shin

When I click on the Get tracking nothing happened.

I had the setting as I mentioned above, so when I change the order from processing to complete and hit Update, customers will automatically get an email then?

JasonP

When I click on the Get tracking nothing happened.

I had the setting as I mentioned above, so when I change the order from processing to complete and hit Update, customers will automatically get an email then?

Yes, that's right. When the order is shipped and you hit "complete" the customer will automatically get an email by default. I didn't like the way WooCommerce (nothing to do with AliDropShip) handles this because an order that is shipped doesn't equal to being complete. I personally like to follow-up with an email to tell the customer that the product has arrived in her country, and when it has been delivered (at the same time to ask for positive review or feedback). Also when an email is sent to the customer I would like to know the contents and even modify the messages for a more personal touch. WooCommerce doesn't allow all these. Alternatives are to use add-ons like MailChimp or AWeber which are more flexible and fully customizable.

I did a test order to myself. I have the Order shipped notifications and tracking turned on in Alidropship. When I got the Email notice from Aliexpress that the order has been shipped, I went into Woocommerce Orders and clicked Get Tracking. Another Order Complete email was sent to the customer (me) BUT it was the exact same as the one sent the the order was placed. No tracking info was in it.

How do I fix this?

p.s Would be great to have the documented clearly in the Knowledge Centre for AliWoo users.

Reactions: Gil

shin

If I input the tracking number manually in the order item. Will it update and include the tracking number in the email? If a customer pays by paypal I'd manually go to paypal and enter the tracking info in addition to updating the order as complete. But for customers pay by credit card, it looks like we have to send out an email with tracking manually? Can someone from support help with this? Victoria said it's supposed to include tracking number that links to the tracking site. Can you please address this?

Mar

Also when an email is sent to the customer I would like to know the contents and even modify the messages for a more personal touch. WooCommerce doesn't allow all these.
E-mail in WooCommerce can be modified. Just go to WooCommerce setting>Emails>select the e-mail under Email column>Click Manage in the right. Click copy file to theme in the next window. When the file is copied, click View template. The e-mail template will show and you can now edit and save.