What's the biggest obstacle that's stopping you to build a successful Dropshipping Business?

kingpin

Hey everyone

I joined alidropship forum last year on December 8th. And its more than a year now and feels so amazing that i found alidropship plugin :)

I'm running many successful Dropshipping stores and I'm loving the business.
I get number of requests and shoutouts for help and support I do my best as much as i can

i have helped 100s of members here and outside alidropship forum also and everytime somebody approaches me the biggest thing i see that's Missing in them is Persistence and hunger to learn.

Dropshipping is easy if you know what you're doing.

i am just curious to know what specifically is stopping you to get success with dropshipping business

maybe after knowing i can give you the best guidance here

Happy December
regards!

mold000

I think dropshipping is not posible without some tricks, or secrets. Something is missing, I must dig deep to find what :)

kingpin

I think dropshipping is not posible without some tricks, or secrets. Something is missing, I must dig deep to find what :)

there is no trick or secret involved

anything that works for you become your own trade secret

but the formula is same

1.choose a passionate market/niche/audience

2. Promote to them
3. bring sales
4. give them the best customer support
repeat the process

all these numbers are connected with each other
if you fail in any of this process you wont make it work

first learn your audience and their needs like what they're looking for, what they're crazy about and whats the prices on big marketplaces and boom
if all looks great import the product

create good landing pages
use upsells and stuffs

give them reason to buy from you

elsa

Hi Kingpin,
I've already made my my 1st sales. I was happy but the sales didn't related to the ads I've created. So I'm not sure how to generate my second sales.

I've spent $5 on facebook ads and $10 on adwords but didn't generate sales? Any advice?

kingpin

Hi Kingpin,
I've already made my my 1st sales. I was happy but the sales didn't related to the ads I've created. So I'm not sure how to generate my second sales.

I've spent $5 on facebook ads and $10 on adwords but didn't generate sales? Any advice?

i wont be able to give you the accurate advice as i know nothing about yohr store or niche

My experience says that to generate sales one need to stop thinking about selling and start thinking about how to add value to the niche you're in

when a person focus on selling something get desperation and demotivation fast when sales doesnt happen. But when you focus on adding value people in your niche will notice you and a relationship will become and then surely they'll buy from you.

and to make all this possible find out ways

what i do i can tell you that

i add value to them

value can be anything a discount coupon a free goodie, a cool article, a funny video etc.

i sell primarily on facebook and social media is not a place where people come to buy something they come to fb to chat and interact with friends and family.

Facebook promotion is all about impulsive buying

in your sales copy you need to make them feel the feeling of how they'll be benefited if they have your product

triggering some words like always give great sales

for example if you are selling makeup thing for females
or a tshirt or a dress for female

try to mention like This dress is for all the beautiful females out there. Let them know how beautiful your are when they'll see you in this dress.

they'll buy to prove to themselves that they are beautiful so you'll get sales

finding passionate audience is easy

for example if you are in a dog niche

goto Google and search for all the magazines related to dogs

find out which breed is the most popular in that niche

find out blogs
forums
and brands

write all the names in a notepad
now when you create ads on facebook

flex them all with each other and create an engagement ad first with 8$/day budget and see how it goes

to understand which demographics and age works the best use facebook audience insight

there are lot of stuffs involved Once a person learn all this then getting sales is easy on facebook

elsa

i wont be able to give you the accurate advice as i know nothing about yohr store or niche

My experience says that to generate sales one need to stop thinking about selling and start thinking about how to add value to the niche you're in

when a person focus on selling something get desperation and demotivation fast when sales doesnt happen. But when you focus on adding value people in your niche will notice you and a relationship will become and then surely they'll buy from you.

i add value to them

value can be anything a discount coupon a free goodie, a cool article, a funny video etc.

i sell primarily on facebook and social media is not a place where people come to buy something they come to fb to chat and interact with friends and family.

in your sales copy you need to make them feel the feeling of how they'll be benefited if they have your product

try to mention like This dress is for all the beautiful females out there. Let them know how beautiful your are when they'll see you in this dress.

find out blogs
forums
and brands

flex them all with each other and create an engagement ad first with 8$/day budget and see how it goes

to understand which demographics and age works the best use facebook audience insight

there are lot of stuffs involved Once a person learn all this then getting sales is easy on facebook

I forget to mention that my niche is interior decoration for baby and kids' room. Thanks for the advice, you spotted the issue, I focused on selling rather than adding value but I didn't realize that it was problem. Will try your suggestion, thanks!

Luckydude

I think the thought alone that there are so many niches and audiences is overwhelming in the beginning.
Actually, there are some good posts about finding a nice niche here on Alidropship.

But then again, there are so many puzzle pieces to consider that you can't put them all in your head at once.

Dropshipping is easy if you know what you're doing.

Well said, and that's the problem :D

If you have to learn how to manage...
- Niche selection
- SEO
- Technical stuff
- Customer support

You have to absorb tons of new information.

For example, just yesterday I learned that I shouldn't create shop categories randomly but according to what people actually search on google. And then, of course, you have to write short descritpion and a good headline for each category + keywords. Basic SEO stuff but how can you know before you try :D

I wish there was a step by step manual, the "Bible", telling you what to do next in each phase.
There is definitely good information on this forums and blog but it's widespread and you forget a lot after reading it

kingpin

I think the thought alone that there are so many niches and audiences is overwhelming in the beginning.
Actually, there are some good posts about finding a nice niche here on Alidropship.

But then again, there are so many puzzle pieces to consider that you can't put them all in your head at once.

Well said, and that's the problem :D

If you have to learn how to manage...
- Niche selection
- SEO
- Technical stuff
- Customer support

You have to absorb tons of new information.

For example, just yesterday I learned that I shouldn't create shop categories randomly but according to what people actually search on google. And then, of course, you have to write short descritpion and a good headline for each category + keywords. Basic SEO stuff but how can you know before you try :D

I wish there was a step by step manual, the "Bible", telling you what to do next in each phase.
There is definitely good information on this forums and blog but it's widespread and you forget a lot after reading it

You're correct the problem is information overload

we read a lot and tend to forget and never execute what was needed

Actually to reach the mountain peak there is no definite path, you can climb from any side just you need to climb and do the execution
same like that one need to make a strategy to climb according to their abilities

Their is no BIBLE for alidropship or any business but i can tell what i do

my way works for me and i never change the strategy that works for me.

i can share one of the strategy that works for me and my team and for my personal clients.

Its easy

1. Find a niche or products that are viral or trending

2. import those products on your general store

3. Run engagement ads on Facebook and check how passionate the audience is, if i get sales within 24 hours and get good engagements and link clicks i will i create a website conversion ad and see how it goes, if results are good i scale up the ad and it gives me a validation that this product is converting so i then create a niche around that product and retarget the audience with related products and sale more

thats all.

To find viral products and stores check Shopify stores that are getting strong traffic.
see my other thread on this forum where i have mentioned on how to find the top Shopify stores of any niche.

orimond

Hi Kingpin,

It's good to hear that you are doing great !
I'm a newbie, still deciding should I buy a plugin or a custom store?

As for a niche product, can you provide me some examples of the online stores ?
Wanna find out more about so it can give me some idea.

Many thanks

Robbie

i add value to them

find out blogs
forums
and brands

Kingpin, Thank you for your valuable tips. I have made a couple sales, but feel I am on the right track.

bella.lopez

There are just so many niches to select that selecting the right one seems daunting. To top it all, what if the niche which is popular doesn't excite me to work for it. There are just so many things and ideas and with the little investment that I have, I am scared that I'll blow it off without a sustainable income in hand.

agentquasar

I've set up everything.. the only thing left for me is to run ads to scale up . .. and the unfamiliarity or the possibility of throwing $$ into the ocean is the stumbling block. Right now, I'm just getting sales and building engagement through SEO and social media. Any advice, Kingpin? How much are you spending on Facebook ads per month?

Hey @kingpin

Thanks to offer your help & experience. I would like to know some tricks to reduce the chargebacks, refunds, customer's unsatisfaction.

Another question: Do you think putting a CLEAR message "Due to high demand, please allow 2-4 week for delivery" might reduce sales or conversions?. I think is a good way to reduce chargeback but many people might not purchase.

What do you think about this.

Thanks

kingpin

Thanks to offer your help & experience. I would like to know some tricks to reduce the chargebacks, refunds, customer's unsatisfaction

The best way to reduce chargebacks and refund is not to sell high priced items when you're not an experienced store owner. Avoid selling products of sellers rating below 4.9
Communicate well with your customers and provide them information about their products as much as possible. Always send them a personalized thank you email message to let them know how important they are to your store.

You can not satisfy every customer but yes providing good customer support, discount coupons and friendly approach will surely keep them revisiting your store again and again.

"Due to high demand, please allow 2-4 week for delivery" might reduce sales or conversions?. I think is a good way to reduce chargeback but many people might not purchase

This works when the product you're selling is viral on social media. Say they came to your store from a facebook ad which got thousands of Likes and comments they automatically will realise the product is in demand and putting that statement will make them cool to wait.

You should put something like this in your product listing page. I use flatsome theme and put all the shipping information in a separate Tab on the product page.

Screenshot_2018-09-13-09-38-51-27.png
PM me and i will send you the exact copy I use.

Regards!