New block

I would also like to see the option for us to add other catagory blocks to the frontpage of the original alidropship plugin themes.

This would allow us to choose what catagory items are shown on our frontpage aswell as the option to enable or disable the recent new arrival, best deal, and top selling blocks.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I would also like to see the option for us to add other catagory blocks to the frontpage of the original alidropship plugin themes.

This would allow us to choose what catagory items are shown on our frontpage aswell as the option to enable or disable the recent new arrival, best deal, and top selling blocks.
Christopher, these blocks will be clickable shortly. We do not have in plans to introduce such changes in the short-term future, but will take your proposals into careful consideration.

Real Residual

You'll have to edit the theme files in order to do that.
I did it on mine. You can check it out at http://www.sexygamers.com front page. I added "featured" & "goddess gears"
You'll have to know your way around wordpress and php, honestly it took me like 20 minutes but if you don't know much it will take you longer and possibly break your site... so I wouldn't recommend it.

You'll have to edit the theme files in order to do that.
I did it on mine. You can check it out at http://www.sexygamers.com front page. I added "featured" & "goddess gears"
You'll have to know your way around wordpress and php, honestly it took me like 20 minutes but if you don't know much it will take you longer and possibly break your site... so I wouldn't recommend it.

Hi Real Residual.

I did look into the php coding and tried to get it to work but was unable to get the right catagory to disply.

Do you have the php code you added to get it working? Maybe you could be kind enough to share that code with me so i get an understanding how you managed to display the catagory

Real Residual

Ok, you need to do a couple of things. Not just in one location. 2 steps.

Step 1:

In the main themes folder, in this case, wp-content/themes/davinci/
Edit front-page.php
Find <!-- TOP SELLING PRODUCTS -->, this is the start of the area for the sections, and I just added a Featured Products by duplicating it (copy & paste) and edit some codes. Note the bold coding below, they are what you need to change to set up the title link and content link of the sections properly.

PHP:
 <!-- FEATURED PRODUCTS -->
    <div class="content-from-cat">
        <div class="container">
            <h3 class="title-cat text-uppercase">
                <a href="<?php echo $home_url?>/pc-gaming/?orderby=orders">
                    <?php _e( 'Featured Products', 'ami3' ); ?>
                </a>
            </h3>
            <?php get_template_part( 'products/main', 'featured' ) ?>
        </div>
    </div>

<!-- TOP SELLING PRODUCTS -->
        <div class="container">
                <a href="<?php echo $home_url?>/product/?orderby=orders">
                    <?php _e( 'Top Selling Products', 'ami3' ); ?>
                </a>
            </h3>
            <?php get_template_part( 'products/main', 'topselling' ) ?>
        </div>
    </div>

Step 2:
Notice the "<?php get_template_part( 'products/main', 'featured' ) ?>" on the new section? It means it will load the template in products folder with the name featured on it. So now, you need to go to wp-content/themes/Davinci/products/
and make a copy of the main-topselling.php and rename the copy to main-featured.php, you can name it whatever you want, just make sure it matches the change you made in the sections above. The theme will look for something called main-xxxxx.php, as specified.

Go to this file and find the following, change it, and you should be done. You can add as many sections as you want, just one section, one file in the products folder.
PHP:
$args = array(
    'post_type'         => 'product',
    'posts_per_page'    => 8,
    '_orderby'          => 'promotionVolume',
    '_order'            => 'DESC',
    'post__not_in'        => $GLOBAL['id_post_show']
);

Change it to

$args = array(
        'product_cat'       => 'pc-gaming',
);

Make a backup of these changes so you can quickly put them back next time the theme updates.

Ok, you need to do a couple of things. Not just in one location. 2 steps.

Step 1:

In the main themes folder, in this case, wp-content/themes/davinci/
Edit front-page.php
Find <!-- TOP SELLING PRODUCTS -->, this is the start of the area for the sections, and I just added a Featured Products by duplicating it (copy & paste) and edit some codes. Note the bold coding below, they are what you need to change to set up the title link and content link of the sections properly.

PHP:
 <!-- FEATURED PRODUCTS -->
        <div class="container">
                <a href="<?php echo $home_url?>/pc-gaming/?orderby=orders">
                    <?php _e( 'Featured Products', 'ami3' ); ?>
                </a>
            </h3>
            <?php get_template_part( 'products/main', 'featured' ) ?>
        </div>
    </div>

<!-- TOP SELLING PRODUCTS -->
        <div class="container">
                <a href="<?php echo $home_url?>/product/?orderby=orders">
                    <?php _e( 'Top Selling Products', 'ami3' ); ?>
                </a>
            </h3>
            <?php get_template_part( 'products/main', 'topselling' ) ?>
        </div>
    </div>

Step 2:
Notice the "<?php get_template_part( 'products/main', 'featured' ) ?>" on the new section? It means it will load the template in products folder with the name featured on it. So now, you need to go to wp-content/themes/Davinci/products/
and make a copy of the main-topselling.php and rename the copy to main-featured.php, you can name it whatever you want, just make sure it matches the change you made in the sections above. The theme will look for something called main-xxxxx.php, as specified.

Go to this file and find the following, change it, and you should be done. You can add as many sections as you want, just one section, one file in the products folder.
PHP:
$args = array(
);

Change it to

$args = array(
        'product_cat'       => 'pc-gaming',
);

Make a backup of these changes so you can quickly put them back next time the theme updates.

THanks for the help i will implement this later today

akgarchi

I hope you make a plugin like landing page plugin but as a website page builder with drag and drop .. because people who went for original plugin struggle with the very limited design options . we can not add any more block or slider or sidebar or anything extra to our websites even the blog page doesn't have even a sidebar...the plugin is soo good and amazing . but we can not make a company website as we desire .. let's say I want to add or offer extra services on my website aside from selling ,I can not do that simply because I can not add new blocks