Your PLUGIN TOOK MY SITE DOWN!

GUYS I already reported this before and when you do a manual update it takes 100% CPU! This is unacceptable. And it renders my site no viewable. The way you do your database update is completely inefficient. You are maxing out CPU 100% across the server due to your updates.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-27 12.39.02.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-27 12.39.02.png
    37 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot 2018-12-27 12.41.01.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-27 12.41.01.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 34
A few minutes after the update is complete I can access my site again. You actually take down the VPS that is running my site only with 4GB ram and 2 CPU's. And I have written about this before. I thought you fixed it. Seems not the case. The site cannot be viewed when an update is happening. And I only have about 50 products. Imagine if I had a 100. Are you indexing the tables that you are updating against? Are you using likes? If so that does table scans. I am a developer by trade and build a ton of db apps at scale. If I could read your code I would help you out, but you have it obfuscated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-27 12.44.27.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-27 12.44.27.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2018-12-27 12.44.34.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-27 12.44.34.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Christina

Administrator
GUYS I already reported this before and when you do a manual update it takes 100% CPU! This is unacceptable. And it renders my site no viewable. The way you do your database update is completely inefficient. You are maxing out CPU 100% across the server due to your updates.
A few minutes after the update is complete I can access my site again. You actually take down the VPS that is running my site only with 4GB ram and 2 CPU's. And I have written about this before. I thought you fixed it. Seems not the case. The site cannot be viewed when an update is happening. And I only have about 50 products. Imagine if I had a 100. Are you indexing the tables that you are updating against? Are you using likes? If so that does table scans. I am a developer by trade and build a ton of db apps at scale. If I could read your code I would help you out, but you have it obfuscated.

Hello, seattledude!

Our developpers are currently working on plugin improvement and we really appreciate our clients' feedback which helps to indentify issues/bugs and make our product better. Thank you! The issue will be fixed as soon as possible.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello, could you please PM me your WP and cpanel login credentials - we will analyze this situation more deeply.

Hello, could you please PM me your WP and cpanel login credentials - we will analyze this situation more deeply.
This has nothing to do with WP, this is your code and the way your plugin does it update. Here it is again, my site has been down for an hour and you have TOTALLY killed all the CPU on my server with your plugin! I am also a dev for over 20 years and this happens EVERY SINGLE time your plugin launches an update. This is completely and totally unacceptable.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.43.38.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.43.38.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.43.44.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.43.44.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.43.50.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.43.50.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.46.59.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.46.59.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 16
As soon as your update completed, drop back to zero. YOU need to INDEX your tables. It almost looks like you are doing a ton of scans and looping. You need to batch update and not do one at a time as you are KILLING servers and you will get people banned from ISP's.

The monitor was triggered for 1h4m5s.
CPU is currently at 90.00%.

It was at 100% and dropped to 90 as soon as it completed. mySQL dropped to 1.6% once complete. This is a programming issue with your inserts and updates.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.48.01.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 12.48.01.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 8
Now that thing has stabilized here is a screenshot of CPU utilization. Sorry for getting a bit short, but I had to remove the plugin from one site completely and can't use it on two sites until you fix this. I don't even have 100 products and this is what happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-30 13.04.01.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 13.04.01.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2018-12-30 13.04.59.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 13.04.59.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 9

alexja33

The same thing is happening with me. I have already upgraded to the latest version and it got worse. Now CPU and Memory are high. I bought the plugin earlier this month and so far only headache!

I already removed it from one site. My small site only has 80 products and it took down my site. My large site I cannot use it anymore. I was warned that nothing much is done and I am annoyed as it is an easy fix. I am a developer by trade and there is no excuse for this type of performance issue. Really annoyed.

MoonCrescent

I updated Alidropship Woo plugin from Ver 1.4.0 to Ver 1.4.2 but it crashed my site completely and immediately. My web-host support restored my site by updating my database username and password. Then I received Ver 1.4.6 and tried to update to it - It says "updated" but it never updates and I always find Ver 1.4.2 still exists.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I updated Alidropship Woo plugin from Ver 1.4.0 to Ver 1.4.2 but it crashed my site completely and immediately. My web-host support restored my site by updating my database username and password. Then I received Ver 1.4.6 and tried to update to it - It says "updated" but it never updates and I always find Ver 1.4.2 still exists.
Have you contacted our support regarding this issue?

yepperdoodle

I can't update mine either. since i bought this plugin it seems only problems. that puts me off using it and moving to shopmaster or something else.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I am seeing the same thing with trying to update. I get this message:

Update Plugin
You use the outdated version of AliDropship Woo plugin. The latest version is 1.4.7. Update Now
The plugin is at the latest version.
I can't update mine either. since i bought this plugin it seems only problems. that puts me off using it and moving to shopmaster or something else.
The problem with update could be connected with your PHP version. AliDropship plugin for 5.6/7.0 is not supported anymore and it's not updated. If you use this version you need to follow this guide: https://help.alidropship.com/settings/alidropship-pluginadd-ons-php-5670-support-termination

yepperdoodle

I am using PHP 7.2 and it does not update. I wait until I see people writing that the update issue and CPU issue for AliWoo has been fixed. Then I might give it another try. Not sure yet. I am testing an alternative and that seems to work nicely.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I am seeing the same thing with trying to update. I get this message:

Update Plugin
You use the outdated version of AliDropship Woo plugin. The latest version is 1.4.7. Update Now
The plugin is at the latest version.
Please PM me your WP login credentials - I will check this issue out.