Yoast SEO overload 6VCPU - 400 products bulk publish from Import List

NicolasLagios

Today I have found the reason my wordpress goes blank after 2 minutes waiting to publish 400 posts from "Import List".

After disabling "Yoast SEO" , "Yoast SEO: WooCommerce" , "WP All Import - Yoast WordPress SEO Add-On" wordpress working again.

I have a VPS Ubuntu Server with 6 CPU and 12GB Ram with all apache and mysql settings to maximum.

As I can understand something triggered in Yoast Seo when publish posts.

Can anyone help me with that?

Every time I publish 400 posts I need to disable yoast first.

Thanks....

iDan

i dont know Yoast, but i recommend Rank-Math for SEO instead of Yoast. its simpler, richer, weight+code lighter- working great and completly free.
not a solution, but it might solve your problem.

Rank math also has a feature to import your yoast settings
make a backup before doing that, if you gonna try.

good luck.

Direct Webstore

Can anyone help me with that?
Every time I publish 400 posts I need to disable yoast first.
Just keep doing that then. Soon, you'll run out of products on Aliexpress, and then you can stop worrying about it. ;)

Rank-Math
I tried it before for a few days but got so sick of the constant daily emails (unsubscribe did not work) I blocked them, deleted the plugin and went back to All in One SEO. (Which is much better for an eCommerce site anyway.)

But I'm guessing if you have already written , descriptions, keywords etc into YOAST for thousands of products (at 400 per import, there'd have to be), you won't want to install a different one.

Including all the descriptions and keywords for all the products? I'm guessing, no.
But if "yes". Fantastic.

Last edited:

iDan

I tried it before for a few days but got so sick of the constant daily emails (unsubscribe did not work) I blocked them, deleted the plugin and went back to All in One SEO.

realy? what spam did you receive? like emails regarding updates and shit?
i barely hear from them. weird.

Direct Webstore

what spam did you receive? like emails regarding updates and shit?
No. Like promotional emails for paid upgrades and shit. Every day for 5 days until I added them to the Junk/Blocked list. And "unsubscribe" did not stop them.

Nagging, intrusive, tacky and no idea of modern, accepted business behavior. It's the usual style favored by the people of the country the plugin is developed in. The same country/people who monitor WHOIS every day for new domain registrations and then SPAM the Hell out of them with "Web Services" of all shapes and sizes. They're "infamous".

And no, I'm not going to state the country or I'll get a heap of socially brainwashed drones screaming "RACIST" at me. lol ;)
The fact is, I actually like most people from this country, I just hate a particular group of them involved in I.T, eCommerce, etc and their dodgy, SPAMMY, low quality, semi deceptive, unethical and general all-round low-class business practices.

i barely hear from them. weird.
Maybe they have changed their evil ways since I tried them a year or so ago. I wrote to them complaining about the daily emails and the unsubscribe not working but I got no reply. Maybe enough others complained as well to make them do something about it.

Last edited:

iDan

No. Like promotional emails for paid upgrades and shit.
thats realy weird.. how paid upgrades if rank math is completly free? it doesnt have a pro version yet, its 100% free.

they do send emails every now and then, something like once a month. but these mails are related to a recent update or a download milestone, etc.

i just checked my mail, searched for their emails. this is all i got; at the bottom you can see the first mail when i signed up at 20.8.19, and since these are all the mails i got (and never deleted any), you can see there arent many of them.
ללא שם.png

im not saying you are wrong or lieing, im just saying that the experience you describing is very strange and you should check it and make sure it isnt some scam site that you accidently signed up to or some sort of this shit.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

paid upgrades if rank math is completly free? it doesnt have a pro version yet, its 100% free.
I'm going back over a year. They may have not been for paid upgrades, I can't really remember the details to be honest. I mainly remember them to be daily and nagging. Any organization with a brain in its head should know how stupid that is.

But anyway, not really relevant to this thread and its problem. Unless you answer this ...
Including all the descriptions and keywords for all the products?

If "Yes", he could try changing to it and see if it solves his problem.

If "No". He'd be better off just doing what he does now, until he...
run out of products on Aliexpress

;)

iDan

i dont know what exactly does it import, i didnt check because i didnt need to. you/he can easily check/verify it if needed.

iDan

wait, how over a year if i recommended them to you few weeks ago, maybe couple of months?

this is realy weird bro, i hope you are honest and not making up shit just because you dont like their country origin.

either way, each should use what ever suits him best.
and i still recommend you check it once again and make sure you didnt sign up to some mailing scam, because the mailing experience you described is strange enough to make me wonder myself.

Direct Webstore

wait, how over a year if i recommended them to you few weeks ago, maybe couple of months?
My sense of time is fucked by old age. It feels like a year or so ago. lol. It doesn't matter "when". It's irrelevant to how they acted and it's irrelevant to the problem in this thread. It was a side comment and not meant to take over the entire thread.

Now back to the problem ..
i dont know what exactly does it import, i didnt check because i didnt need to.

I just thought I better mention/ask before the OP flies off on your suggestion and installs it and then discovers that he's lost all his descriptions and keywords ... otherwise, he'd be a bit pissed off. lol ;)

But it's also possible that YOAST will retain all that in the database after it's uninstalled like many plugins do ... if he needed to go back to it.

make a backup before doing that, if you gonna try.
Good idea.