Word of Caution Regarding Package Delivered Emails

mt1895

Hi Family,

Because most of the items I am dropshipping cost $25 or less and are in a niche that I am passionate about, I purchase each item I list on my site first so I can handle the product personally for quality as well as getting a gauge of the shipping time-frame.

Ultimately, I will receive an email that my package had been delivered. Well today (3-16-2020) I received such a message with a FedEX logo and it look legitimate. However, I noticed the tracking link was a .zip download file and was not a FedEX URL.

Of course I immediately deleted the email and did not open the .zip file.

I just want to issue this caution to those who may use the same purchasing practice as me so your day won't be ruin by the nuts out there. :)

Mar

Hi Family,

Because most of the items I am dropshipping cost $25 or less and are in a niche that I am passionate about, I purchase each item I list on my site first so I can handle the product personally for quality as well as getting a gauge of the shipping time-frame.

Ultimately, I will receive an email that my package had been delivered. Well today (3-16-2020) I received such a message with a FedEX logo and it look legitimate. However, I noticed the tracking link was a .zip download file and was not a FedEX URL.

Of course I immediately deleted the email and did not open the .zip file.

I just want to issue this caution to those who may use the same purchasing practice as me so your day won't be ruin by the nuts out there. :)
Customers don't care what shipping company. What they care is the order delivered.

mt1895

Mar please go back and reread my post.

I am NOT referring to the customer! I am talking to ONLY those people who purchase the product they sell which means they WILL receive an email when the product is delivered.

Somehow because of the format the email was sent, led me to believe that someone was able to determine that I am receiving a lot of packages and could easily arbitrarily click on a link that they may later regret.

Mar

I am NOT referring to the customer! I am talking to ONLY those people who purchase the product they sell which means they WILL receive an email when the product is delivered.
You are not referring to the customer, but you are making a purchase to see the email a customer will receive about his order. So what is it for if not for the customer?

kdb

Bro you need to install a sandbox based antivirus which will help you to open the file without affecting the computer. Nowadays ransomware is spreading via email. even the files such as excel, word, pdf, and compressed files may contain scripts. If you just open the file you are gone.
my suggestion install 360document protector free utility which will protect your files from encryption.

mt1895

No Mar I am not purchasing to see the email the customer receive. I purchase to examine the product I will send customers to. In the process I simply notice that email among the many delivery confirmation I receive whether they are from Amazon. eBay or AliExpress.

The aliExpress emails delivery confirmations have a certain look and I thought at first glance it was one of a few packages I am expecting. But it fine and thank you kdbazar for your comment.

This is a tough crowd hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Direct Webstore

Because most of the items I am dropshipping cost $25 or less and are in a niche that I am passionate about, I purchase each item I list on my site first so I can handle the product personally for quality
Not a bad idea, if one can afford it. Now go one step further and make "Unboxing Videos" or just presentation videos with them and upload to your site's Youtube channel. (Post them on Facebook etc also of course).

This is a tough crowd hahahahahahahahahahaha!
A crowd? One or two people? There's that drama queen coming out again. Internet forums have been tough jungles for years. You need to "walk quietly and carry a big stick". LOL

Direct Webstore

Bro you need to install a sandbox based antivirus which will help you to open the file without affecting the computer
Or if you have something like "7 Zip" installed, you can right-click and "Open", that is, just look inside the zip without actually unzipping it. But a suspect zip would only contain an ".exe" or other executable file and you'd need to actually execute it for it to do anything. Unzipping it only is harmless. The reason they put executable files in zips is so they don't trigger any SPAM/Virus triggers.