Woocommerce How to edit processing orders

Joelloh

Hi,
I have an issue, there are always customer order items and already make payment waiting for us to process the order, suddenly customer contact us that they order the wrong variation, how to edit the variation before we "Place Order" on Aliexpress?

etc: Customer order "Blue Color", but they contact us that they wanted to change to "Yellow Color".
Since we not yet "Place Order" on Aliexpress, suppose we could change the variation before we "Place Order" on Aliexpress.

Anyone know how to do it?
Really thanks for someone who can help me on this issue.

Joelloh

Thank you for the suggestion which "Place Order Manually".

There is the downside of "Place order manually", we indeed can place an order by reselecting the variant requested by the customer, but when place order manually, sometimes we might enter customer address by mistake, and it could lead to a disaster that items may send to a wrong address mistakenly provide by us.

etc: Some of us is not from United States, so we do not familiar with United States Address.
example for "Alabama", we might key in "Aladama".

I came across a Help post in Alidropship that, looks like Alidropship Original version has a function that enables us to "Edit Items" before placing order. See this post ---> https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2236918-processing-orders

Why we could not have this function on Alidropship Woo version? Frustrating.

regards.

Direct Webstore

There is the downside of "Place order manually", we indeed can place an order by reselecting the variant requested by the customer, but when place order manually, sometimes we might enter customer address by mistake
"We"? Speak for yourself. lol ;)

Only extremely careless and stupid people would enter an incorrect address. And how many times does an order have to placed manually? As far as I can see this is an isolated and rare occurrence. Hardly worth worrying about.

Why we could not have this function on Alidropship Woo version? Frustrating.
In the 2 years I've been using Woo, I've never experienced any "frustration" with this issue. I can vaguely remember placing 2 or 3 orders manually in that time and it was always a quick and hassle-free process.

Some of us is not from United States,
Make that "most" of us from what I've seen in the forum here.

example for "Alabama", we might key in "Aladama".
Hardly a problem. I'm sure the post office sees misspelt cities, towns and streets everyday. The zip code would make it obvious anyway.

For anyone with normal intelligence and organisational ability, there really is no problem here.

And for anyone who actually IS stupid enough for this to be a problem, they would also be too stupid to run an online business anyway. lol ;)

Last edited:

Joelloh

Sorry for the words "We"

I'm in a situation which I have virtual assistance which working with us abroad, and with the work of manually placing order might increase mistake on the manual placing address issue.

And, I understand what your mean.

I hope you could understand that, I have a situation where my items is on variation where I need to hide the "Shipping From" for my customer. That is why I need to always manually "place order" by my virtual assistant.

And, I have multiple virtual assistant that help me with processing my order, and they always makes mistake and some of them have ability barrier.

I hope you can understand my situation.

Sorry if anything wrong. My apologies.

Direct Webstore

"We"? Speak for yourself. lol ;)
Sorry for the words "We"
I'm not upset, hence the "lol ;)"

And, I have multiple virtual assistant that help me with processing my order, and they always makes mistake and some of them have ability barrier.
"Ability barrier"? It may help if you did not hire idiots. And anyone so stupid would also be too stupid to use the "Edit function" you want anyway.

Time to move on to more important problems, I think.

:)

Joelloh

I was hoping that I could seek solution which can re-edit the items which in accordance to the variants requested by customer and hence I still can Place Order automatically.

Direct Webstore

I was hoping that I could seek solution which can re-edit the items which in accordance to the variants requested by customer
I suggest you post a suggestion for it in the "Suggestion" section of the forum.
https://forum.alidropship.com/forums/suggestion-forum.7/

You never know your luck.

But really, if you hire stupid assistants, it wouldn't matter what changes they made to the plugin. They'd probably be too stupid to make use of those changes.

Joelloh

You are right, it sure help is I did not hire idiot. But, I just wanted to lower down the work risk of my virtual assistant as I happens on me multiple time on mistakenly entering the address.

Joelloh

I suggest you post a suggestion for it in the "Suggestion" section of the forum.
https://forum.alidropship.com/forums/suggestion-forum.7/

You never know your luck.

But really, if you hire stupid assistants, it wouldn't matter what changes they made to the plugin. They'd probably be too stupid to make use of those changes.

Yes you are correct. But, if we can lower the risk between manually entering the shipping address and automatically entering the shipping address, I think it might definitely lower the risk of work mistakes. Don't you agree?

Sunster

Staff member
Hi,
I have an issue, there are always customer order items and already make payment waiting for us to process the order, suddenly customer contact us that they order the wrong variation, how to edit the variation before we "Place Order" on Aliexpress?

etc: Customer order "Blue Color", but they contact us that they wanted to change to "Yellow Color".
Since we not yet "Place Order" on Aliexpress, suppose we could change the variation before we "Place Order" on Aliexpress.

Anyone know how to do it?
Really thanks for someone who can help me on this issue.

If you scroll down in the order to the 'product' section. Put your mouse over the product they ordered and you will see a 'edit' button and a 'delete' button show up.
Hit the 'edit' button and you will see more options show up as in pic.
editorder.jpg
Add the correct variation and delete the incorrect one.
Done.

Joelloh

If you scroll down in the order to the 'product' section. Put your mouse over the product they ordered and you will see a 'edit' button and a 'delete' button show up.
Hit the 'edit' button and you will see more options show up as in pic.
View attachment 10822
Add the correct variation and delete the incorrect one.
Done.

Thank you for above-suggested method.

I tried to Add product(s), the dropdown menu suggestion for me is not incomplete on variation. Bag with color only, no other value as there is more value such as attribute variation "Ship From".

see this -> https://prnt.sc/qcnx0o

Please advice.

Direct Webstore

Wow ... I never saw that before. But then, I've only had to manually order (because of desired changes) a couple of times in 2-3 years. :)