Woo + Flatsome terrible speed

ofuroinu

I have attached my new site speed . Site is slow . I did turned off all animations in flatsome + installed leverage cache plugins, reduced photos sizes but speed still perform 15s to load a page . What should I do next?

Attachments

• Speed..png
    Speed..png
    269.4 KB · Views: 57

Direct Webstore

It's probably your host ... and other factors (like no CDN)
I use Hostagtor Business cloud + the free Cloudfare CDN and page load speeds are around 2-3 seconds.

ofuroinu

I am also using Host Cloud Business but without CDN.
Contacted them before but didnt do anything
How did you set the free cdn ?

Mar

I have attached my new site speed . Site is slow . I did turned off all animations in flatsome + installed leverage cache plugins, reduced photos sizes but speed still perform 15s to load a page . What should I do next?
Below is how my site load in GT Metrics. The way a site load has many factors. As mentioned, host provider is one, the structure of he website, the cache plugin you are using and how it is setup. I understand you are using this SG optimizer. When I was in Siteground I reported SG optimizer with the support having a conflict with the Currency Switcher until they told me not to use it since it is causing conflicts, instead just use the cache plugin I have.

Earlier, the home page of my site has images with links to each categories, The result, I have more than 300 PHP requests and the file is so large. It took me sometime to find out. I changed the structure of the site, remove the links of the category and PHP requests drastically went down. Do you know that even this setting in woocommerce that show the first image in the gallery (Back Image) when you hover increase the PHP request? If you have this setting, change it to simply zoom. What I am saying now are just some of many.

About Cloudflare, basically you need to point DNS to Cloudflare and you add records in Cloudflare that will point to your host provider, mostly it is the IP address of the host provider. Why don't you ask help from SiteGround support?

1553755305691.png
1553756263969.png

ofuroinu

Below is how my site load in GT Metrics. The way a site load has many factors. As mentioned, host provider is one, the structure of he website, the cache plugin you are using and how it is setup. I understand you are using this SG optimizer. When I was in Siteground I reported SG optimizer with the support having a conflict with the Currency Switcher until they told me not to use it since it is causing conflicts, instead just use the cache plugin I have.

Earlier, the home page of my site has images with links to each categories, The result, I have more than 300 PHP requests and the file is so large. It took me sometime to find out. I changed the structure of the site, remove the links of the category and PHP requests drastically went down. Do you know that even this setting in woocommerce that show the first image in the gallery (Back Image) when you hover increase the PHP request? If you have this setting, change it to simply zoom. What I am saying now are just some of many.

About Cloudflare, basically you need to point DNS to Cloudflare and you add records in Cloudflare that will point to your host provider, mostly it is the IP address of the host provider. Why don't you ask help from SiteGround support?

View attachment 8481
View attachment 8482

This new woo site I am on cloud hosting business with hostgator.
I will try to setup cdn and follow your advise. On fiverr I got offer for 70USD to fix the speed to or below 4 secs but I feel I should try to fix it myself first if possible.

Mar

You pay attention to the contents of the website. When ever you change contents the number of PHP requests and file size change. PHP request is a major factor of the the site load time. The more PHP request the longer the site load. I just changed the home page of the site today, a pre-made page so I can change it quickly. You see, a slight change, the loading time greatly changed with the new home page with greater PHP request and file size.

1553773055518.png

1553773081274.png

ofuroinu

You pay attention to the contents of the website. When ever you change contents the number of PHP requests and file size change. PHP request is a major factor of the the site load time. The more PHP request the longer the site load. I just changed the home page of the site today, a pre-made page so I can change it quickly. You see, a slight change, the loading time greatly changed with the new home page with greater PHP request and file size.

View attachment 8488

View attachment 8489

Maybe I should also try reduce the slider image on my front page.
I am waiting the magic now with cloud fare seems a bit better, will wait and see + other improvements I will do as you recommended above.
Appreciate your brief details. Still a lot to learn from you all.

ofuroinu

Since I am using cloudfare now for woo as beginning , I will also add my original ads site too. I think CDN is really important.

I wanted to know do I need to set below settings on cloudfare and if yes do I need to disable the same settings from my cache plugins?

44.jpg

Direct Webstore

When you add ten slides in a slider, it will add ten PHP requests even if you set 5 slides to show at a time.
Yeah. I've given up on sliders now. I just have a static image linked to the store section that I will change every now and again. Or use the space for displaying a "special of the week".

Mar

Yeah. I've given up on sliders now. I just have a static image linked to the store section that I will change every now and again. Or use the space for displaying a "special of the week".
Every eye catching design is not with out a price. It affect load time speed, something every member should be aware of.