Will it be wise to use alidropship woo for a site with more than 2000+ products?

royalskiny

I am confused. Can anyone share your experience of using alidropship woo plugin to a site with more than 2000+ products? What kinds of difficulties can I face? Or should I use the original alidropship plugin? Thanks in advance for kind opinions.

Mar

I am confused. Can anyone share your experience of using alidropship woo plugin to a site with more than 2000+ products? What kinds of difficulties can I face? Or should I use the original alidropship plugin? Thanks in advance for kind opinions.
You need to search the forum. This question has been asked and answered a million times in the past.

absimp

I am using alidropship woo on several stores with over 1,000 products without an issue.

What's your problem?

Direct Webstore

I am confused ... Will it be wise to use alidropship woo for a site with more than 2000+ products?

If you have previous experience with Wordpress, plugins and themes, are capable of using search boxes, are capable of modest research,
can implement suggestions and have common sense .,. Yes. You should be fine.

If "No" to any of the above, start with the Original plugin.

Last edited:

Dropshipper101

Hi! We run multiple sites with 5000+ products. We had hard times but we figured this out (also with help from AliDropship Support Team and the forum members @Mar ). We had issues with product updates, pricing updates and the speed of the site itself. Now we run 2 managed servers, a CDN and a load balancer for sites with more than 25k visitors a day. Monthly cost around €400.

Thanks to the database architecture of WooCommerce (that AliDropship Woo Plugin is dependent on) it’s a kind of night nightmare to run these large catalog stores, but you can compensate it with excessive computing power. Well at least that was our approach to this issue :)

landed

I can't see how it changes from 10 to 10,000 items beyond the DB layer. You are querying a DB once you have the recordset for a search or a single product the page should render just fine because it's html js and css. That's how a web page works. Also this is likely eventually cached of course.

The backend tasks to make global changes to 10,000 items at once would be an issue but that's the same for anything?

I am not an expert but do know the rudimentary workings of the LAMP or LEMP stack. I have little experience of MySql for large DB's but I have a travel website with 36k records and this is fine.

Direct Webstore

I can't see how it changes from 10 to 10,000 items
You need to do a search of this forum "Woocommerce product updating CPU" or similar and discover all the horror stories. It's the combination of Woo and the AliWoo plugin updating lots of products, especially ones with variations that overload the CPU of many hosting accounts. Also, Woocommerce having only one database table for all product information makes it worse. The Original plugin spreads product info over several tables to "ease the load".

This Woocommerce single product table is also a cause of problems to others, not just Alidropship plugin users. There was a project at Github trying to develop a plugin to change the product table into multiple ones, but I think it's been abandoned now. This has all been common knowledge for quite some time. Woocommerce is also aware of it, so hopefully, they will do something about it in the future. But seeing as it's not a problem the the "majority" of people, it's probably not a high priority with them.

DB's but I have a travel website with 36k records and this is fine.
Those "records" are not being updated from a remote server (Aliexpress) every day. It's the product updating overloading the host's CPU that is the problem for some. But all the solutions are here in the forum. The search box will reveal all.

I am not an expert but do know the rudimentary workings of the LAMP or LEMP stack.
Now you just need to brush up on search box use both here and on Google ... ;)