why use different email services for subscription form and mail service provider

Olga

Hello
I'm getting bit confused.
For subscription forms you recommend aweber and mailchimp. But to set up email service provider to recommend sendinblue, sendgrid, mailgun,...

Can't we just use one for both things. For instance I believe sendinblue can do both thing.
Sorry my ignorance, but what is the difference between then/

thanks

Direct Webstore

You need something to "subscribe to". I just use the free Mailpoet Newsletter plugin which has it's own subscribe form that you can paste into the "Subscription Box" in Customisation ... and Send in Blue's free option for the notificatons.

Nick84

You need something to "subscribe to". I just use the free Mailpoet Newsletter plugin which has it's own subscribe form that you can paste into the "Subscription Box" in Customisation ... and Send in Blue's free option for the notificatons.
Can you perhaps direct me to some guidelines on how to incorporate the Mailpoet subscription box on my website? I'd very much appreciate it. I am currently using Mailchimp but the whole sign-up process looks really complicated to me and I don't like the fact that their logo is everywhere...

Direct Webstore

Install Mailpoet. Go to it's settings. Create new form. Click on the HTML button below ... copy the code into the "Customisation / Subscription Box"

Direct Webstore

Great, thank you so much, I did not notice the HTML button is there, a bit hidden at the very bottom.

This is my form ... feel free to edit it and use it . You will have to edit the code numbers in it ...e.g "html58c9d127f2149-2" etc.

.... don't forget to paste the other bit of code it gives you into the "Head" box in Customisation. Don't paste the whole lot into the Subscription box!

Code:
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
        <td><font color="#FFFFFF">Subscribe to Our Newsletter & Get 50% Off
        Your Next Order!</font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><div class="widget_wysija_cont html_wysija"><div id="msg-form-wysija-html58c9d127f2149-2" class="wysija-msg ajax"></div><form id="form-wysija-html58c9d127f2149-2" method="post" action="#wysija" class="widget_wysija html_wysija">
<p class="wysija-paragraph">
     <input type="text" name="wysija[user][email]" class="wysija-input validate[required,custom[email]]" title="Email"  value="" size="33" />

<span class="abs-req">
        <input type="text" name="wysija[user][abs][email]" class="wysija-input validated[abs][email]" value="" />
    </span>
<input class="wysija-submit wysija-submit-field" type="submit" value="Subscribe to Newsletter" />

<input type="hidden" name="form_id" value="2" />
    <input type="hidden" name="action" value="save" />
    <input type="hidden" name="controller" value="subscribers" />
    <input type="hidden" value="1" name="wysija-page" />

<input type="hidden" name="wysija[user_list][list_ids]" value="1" />

</p>

</form></div></div></td>
    </tr>
</table>

Last edited:

Nick84

c
This is my form ... feel free to edit it and use it . You will have to edit the code numbers in it ...e.g "html58c9d127f2149-2" etc.

.... don't forget to paste the other bit of code it gives you into the "Head" box in Customisation. Don't paste the whole lot into the Subscription box!

Code:
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
        <td><font color="#FFFFFF">Subscribe to Our Newsletter & Get 50% Off
        Your Next Order!</font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><div class="widget_wysija_cont html_wysija"><div id="msg-form-wysija-html58c9d127f2149-2" class="wysija-msg ajax"></div><form id="form-wysija-html58c9d127f2149-2" method="post" action="#wysija" class="widget_wysija html_wysija">
<p class="wysija-paragraph">
     <input type="text" name="wysija[user][email]" class="wysija-input validate[required,custom[email]]" title="Email"  value="" size="33" />

<span class="abs-req">
        <input type="text" name="wysija[user][abs][email]" class="wysija-input validated[abs][email]" value="" />
    </span>
<input class="wysija-submit wysija-submit-field" type="submit" value="Subscribe to Newsletter" />

<input type="hidden" name="form_id" value="2" />
    <input type="hidden" name="action" value="save" />
    <input type="hidden" name="controller" value="subscribers" />
    <input type="hidden" value="1" name="wysija-page" />

<input type="hidden" name="wysija[user_list][list_ids]" value="1" />

</p>

</form></div></div></td>
    </tr>
</table>
Cheers, thank you very much mate!