Wholesale Buying on Alibaba.......anyone has experience?

anonymous1971

I am studying if buying wholesale on Alibaba is a good solution for us since Ali Express and Dropshipping will put us out of business due to too many lost packages, bad packaging, way too long delivery times, etc.

Does anyone has experience with Alibaba buying wholesale to have own stock?

Would like to have some tips and the do's and don'ts

Direct Webstore

Ali Express and Dropshipping will put us out of business

Us? Speak for yourself! LOL :) There are HEAPS of people making a good living out of dropshipping. But if you would rather have all the extra hassle and work importing goods, filling our order details, packaging them and shipping them yourself, there are much better options than Alibaba to buy in bulk from. Try DHGate. Often faster and cheaper than Aliexpress and Alibaba. :)

Last edited:

Mar

I am studying if buying wholesale on Alibaba is a good solution for us since Ali Express and Dropshipping will put us out of business due to too many lost packages, bad packaging, way too long delivery times, etc.

Does anyone has experience with Alibaba buying wholesale to have own stock?

Would like to have some tips and the do's and don'ts
I don't know in your country, but in my country you have to be a licensed importer and pay customs duties, no exemptions to every product you import. Not worth the hassle.

omktg

Hey @anonymous1971

Maybe it is a better idea to start with AliExpress, make some money, and once you have identified the niche that makes you the most, then you can buy at Alibaba at a much cheaper price.

You will need to search for a fulfillment center in China, or in the USA (If you are selling there) and send your products there.

You can also do pretty much the same with Amazon FBA, and forget about everything else. They just require you to maintain the stock.

But again, for dropshipping, I think it's better to start with AliExpress, it is easier, and once you get more experienced you can test other things. If you want to get better delivery times, then just use ePacket, it is cheap and faster than the other cheap methods... But it is only available for 39 countries.

Last edited: