Which payment processor do you use?

Dylan-

Hello,

I am using currently both stripe and paypal and just noticed that Stripe asks a €15 fee per dispute...
Any other payment processor that doens't aks such high prices?

Direct Webstore

Stripe asks a €15 fee per dispute
I use Stripe but I don't dispute refund requests. I just do the refund, just like the Aliexpress seller does. I've never had a refund request to an Aliexpress seller denied yet. It's a waste of time and effort trying to dispute refund requests in my opinion and apparently in the opinion of Aliexpress sellers too.

Stripe does not charge any fee for giving refunds. You just don't get back the original processing fee which is 2.9% of the charge + 30¢. Not really enough to worry about. https://stripe.com/docs/refunds

Solution? Just give the refund and don't dispute it. You can be pretty sure the Aliexpress seller will do likewise. All you will lose is that small processing fee.

:)

Mar

I use Stripe but I don't dispute refund requests. I just do the refund, just like the Aliexpress seller does. I've never had a refund request to an Aliexpress seller denied yet. It's a waste of time and effort trying to dispute refund requests in my opinion and apparently in the opinion of Aliexpress sellers too.

Stripe does not charge any fee for giving refunds. You just don't get back the original processing fee which is 2.9% of the charge + 30¢. Not really enough to worry about. https://stripe.com/docs/refunds

Solution? Just give the refund and don't dispute it. You can be pretty sure the Aliexpress seller will do likewise. All you will lose is that small processing fee.

:)
I have submitted a number of disputes, two were refunded. Just earlier today, one dispute was resolved. It was not in my favor, not refunded since the order was delivered before the 60 days purchase protection period that is on the 24th of this month. I have this first hand experience when a buyer filed a dispute in Paypal. I submitted a dispute for the order in AliExpress but it was too late. The purchase protection was over. It was good that AliExpress gave me a complimentary refund for the dispute.

As AliExpress support explained, submitting a dispute don't mean you are actually asking for a refund, but it is to call the attention of the seller especially when tracking information don't change for several days, although it will be eventually about refund when everything don't work and the order is not received. Also, the seller don't issue refund, it is AliExpress. As I explained in my other post, the payment of an order is held by AliExpress, only to be released to the seller when the order is received by the buyer. Proof of that is the highlighted "Final Resolution: Full Payment Release" in the screenshot below.

1576939845274.png
1576940274561.png
1576940097442.png

Dylan-

Thank you both for the detailed explanation.

Well, I have opened one dispute for an order placed using Stripe which was quite a high amount as she ordered multiple.

She claimed that she didn't receive it and didn't even attempt to contact me, so submitted al the evidence.

From the tracking I noticed she should receive it by now, hope stripe will resolve it.

Mar

Well, I have opened one dispute for an order placed using Stripe which was quite a high amount as she ordered multiple.
Do you mean you have submitted a dispute in AliExpress?
From the tracking I noticed she should receive it by now, hope stripe will resolve it.
Stripe should ask for proofs of claims from both parties. On your part you send screenshots of tracking information with entries of the order delivered. Also, you ask a proof of delivery from the shipping company. A proof of delivery signed by the buyer. The seller can help you with this. I haven't tried Stripe, but I have a number of dispute experience with Paypal. The thing is you have submitted a dispute in Ali Express, otherwise you pay the refund with your money if Stripe decide in favor of the customer.

Direct Webstore

I think refunds are just a normal part of the overall dropshipping business model and I just consider them an inevitable expense that needs to factored in and absorbed by your overall profits. That's why I don't waste time arguing or disputing them. I just pay the refund and move on.

Unless it was for a large amount of money and it was obvious the customer was lying ... then I would fight it tooth and nail. But I haven't had to do that so far.