Which Assets Can Be Removed From The Front Pages?

JohnS0N

I'm trying to reduce the requests and filesizes on my website. Alidropship plugin ads lots of css and js to every page load.

alidswoo/src/js/front/single-size-guide.min.js
alidswoo/src/css/front/single-size-guide.min.css
alidswoo/src/js/front/single-baguetteBox.min.js
alidswoo/src/js/front/single.min.js
alidswoo/src/js/global/informers.min.js
alidswoo/src/js/front/baguetteBox.min.js
alidswoo/src/js/front/setting-product/script.min.js
alidswoo/src/css/front/setting-product/style.min.css

Which of the following can I safely, without breaking functionality, exclude from:

a) front page
b) category pages
c) product pages

Please assist!

Mar

I'm trying to reduce the requests and filesizes on my website. Alidropship plugin ads lots of css and js to every page load.

alidswoo/src/js/front/single-size-guide.min.js
alidswoo/src/css/front/single-size-guide.min.css
alidswoo/src/js/front/single-baguetteBox.min.js
alidswoo/src/js/front/single.min.js
alidswoo/src/js/global/informers.min.js
alidswoo/src/js/front/baguetteBox.min.js
alidswoo/src/js/front/setting-product/script.min.js
alidswoo/src/css/front/setting-product/style.min.css

Which of the following can I safely, without breaking functionality, exclude from:

a) front page
b) category pages
c) product pages

Please assist!
Run GTMetrics or Pingdom. In GTMetrix click on Waterfall tab, you will see the elements that is counted in Requests. Most are image files. You will know if it is alright to remove the files. I don't see this assets you mentioned here so it is not adding up to number of Requests and most likely the site will break if you delete any of it.

1574829918964.png

JohnS0N

Run GTMetrics or Pingdom. In GTMetrix click on Waterfall tab, you will see the elements that is counted in Requests. Most are image files. You will know if it is alright to remove the files. I don't see this assets you mentioned here so it is not adding up to number of Requests and most likely the site will break if you delete any of it.

View attachment 10684

You probably do not see these files, because you combined your CSS and JS files with your choosen optimization plugin.

Otherwise they are there and appear on all pages and posts.

Mar

You probably do not see these files, because you combined your CSS and JS files with your choosen optimization plugin.
Precisely, that is what plugin to optimize for. Combining CSS and JS files are constantly suggested in speed tests. It is to decrease PHP request and page size.

Direct Webstore

Which of the following can I safely, without breaking functionality, exclude ... Please assist!
If no answer is handed over on a silver plate anytime soon ... back up your site (I reccomend Updraft Plus), then one by one exclude those js and css calls, check your site and see what happens. Sometimes we just need to experiment.

Good luck.

that is what plugin to optimize for. Combining CSS and JS files are constantly suggested in speed tests.
Right. I don't know why he doesn't do that.

;)

JohnS0N

Precisely, that is what plugin to optimize for. Combining CSS and JS files are constantly suggested in speed tests. It is to decrease PHP request and page size.

Of course, but if you first remove those that are not needed, then you do not need to include them into your combined file.

First you remove the assets that are not needed and only then combine them. It's how it should be done to decrease the filesize. There's a good plugin called asset manager that also lets you exclude css and js based on categories, posts, pages...

For example the popular plugin contact forms 7 loads on each and every page and adds to a larger combined file sizes also for all of your product pages. But this plugin is usually not needed anywhere else than on the contact page. So you remove the css and js files of this plugin on all pages that do not require these files.

You do the same with your other plugins. You decrease the filesize and therefor the computing power needed for the page to render. Effectively you decrease the TTFB and page load time.

If no answer is handed over on a silver plate anytime soon ... back up your site (I reccomend Updraft Plus), then one by one exclude those js and css calls, check your site and see what happens. Sometimes we just need to experiment.

It should be failry simple for those who coded the plugin to answer this, that is why I asked. Why would each and every single person need to discover what he can and can not remove on his own? To me this just seems like a wonderful waste of time. Unfortunately I did not spend a lot of time on this forum, so I do not know how willing the members are to share such information or if the soul of this forum is more aligned to the "every man for himself" mentality.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I do not know how willing the members are to share such information
I seriously doubt the information you seek on those particular js and css calls is recorded anywhere. That is why I suggested that you "experiment".

It should be failry simple for those who coded the plugin to answer this
This is a "members forum" and the plugin development staff rarely help (extremely rare) with customisation and/or modifications. You could try writing to support@alidropship.com and asking them.

this forum is more aligned to the "every man for himself" mentality.
Not at all. Actually, that is the complete opposite. But sometimes answers are not already in existence and one needs to discover them oneself. But I've also lost count of the number of times I've done the experimentation myself for those who seem to be total newbies. In this case, I feel you may be capable of doing it yourself. If not, just ask and I will back up one of my sites and try to find the answers for you.

To me this just seems like a wonderful waste of time.
To me, experimenting and trying new things is fascinating and gives a great sense of achievement. (In my opinion) If no one felt that way, we'd still be chipping flint in caves. lol

But meanwhile, while waiting for who knows how long for answers to be provided for you ... if I was you, I'd be backing up my site (or at least the files in question) and just trying a little experimentation for 10 -15 minutes. If it was important to me, that is.

:)

Last edited:

Mar

Of course, but if you first remove those that are not needed, then you do not need to include them into your combined file.
Use common sense. The files would not be there without a purpose.
For example the popular plugin contact forms 7 loads on each and every page and adds to a larger combined file sizes also for all of your product pages. But this plugin is usually not needed anywhere else than on the contact page. So you remove the css and js files of this plugin on all pages that do not require these files.
There is a code to prevent Contact form 7 from loading to all pages. Why don't you remove the files and see the result? This thread is actually non-sense.

JohnS0N

Experimenting and trying new things is fascinating and gives a great sense of achievement in my opinion. If no one felt that way, we'd still be chipping flint in caves. lol

But meanwhile, while waiting for who knows how long for your answers to be provided for you ... if I was you, I'd be backing up my site and just trying a little experimentation for 10 -15 minutes. If it was important to me, that is.

:)

Trying new things is exciting yes, but I do not consider removing CSS code exciting.

Anyway I got the message. Find it out yourself or it won't get done.

Use common sense. The files would not be there without a purpose.

There is a code to prevent Contact form 7 from loading to all pages. Why don't you remove the files and see the result? This thread is actually non-sense.

I just basically said almost the same thing in my previous reply. I have all of this removed. Why all of these assumptions of what I have and not have removed myself? And this thread is not about the contact 7 form plugin.

In my previous reply I just said that you do not see the alidswoo files being loaded, because you have them combined. If you temp disable that functionality you will see them load.

Just because the files are there it does not mean they are there because they need to be. There are tons of plugins that include code where it is not needed. And as I glanced at the code I believe that many of these files should really be loaded for the admins only or shop managers, not for anonymous, guests or normal members. So what I am doing is providing feedback on where I believe the ali plugin could use improvement. It's called constructive criticism.

But anyway I see this discussion is not really going anywhere and life is to short to lose time on arguing, so good luck guys.

Mar

But anyway I see this discussion is not really going anywhere and life is to short to lose time on arguing, so good luck guys.
Wait a minute. Maybe a developer of Alidropship plugin is willing to answer your question. Telling you they created files that is not needed.

JohnS0N

Wait a minute. Maybe a developer of Alidropship plugin is willing to answer your question. Telling you they created files that is not needed.

I never said that. I said that the files load where they are not needed or more precisely for member roles that do not need them.

Anyway as I said, good luck, wish you all the best.