What should I do to set the price, if the price I deal with supplier is lower than the price of their product on Aliexpress

daniel-97

I have tried it, imported the product and opened the sellers home page hoping to see product images and description. There is nothing there, all I saw is the same image in the screenshot.
Let's say you find a product, "Tooth Brush" that sells for $5/piece. You contact the seller, and they agree to sell you for $3/piece.

But they won't change that Tooth Brush to $3 for everyone, so they create another "private deal product" for $3 and send you the link to that product.

You now import that product to your store, and copy the images from the $5 Tooth Brush, upload it to your media and add it to your $3 Tooth Brush because it doesn't have any real images.

Now, when a customer buy your product, you automated order it and the order you placed on Aliexpress is that private $3 product with no real images. Because the seller already noted down on that product that it is a Tooth Brush on their end, they will ship it to the customers. You only pay for $3, and everyone else don't know about it, it's between you two.
This statement don't apply to everything. Some don't have a way.
Let's just say I always have hope, and I try to keep it that way to stay positive :)

Mar

You now import that product to your store, and copy the images from the $5 Tooth Brush, upload it to your media and add it to your $3 Tooth Brush because it doesn't have any real images.
Again, I tried it, there are no images of the product in the sellers home page. You should try it also.

Mar

Let's say you find a product, "Tooth Brush" that sells for $5/piece. You contact the seller, and they agree to sell you for $3/piece.

But they won't change that Tooth Brush to $3 for everyone, so they create another "private deal product" for $3 and send you the link to that product.

Now, when a customer buy your product, you automated order it and the order you placed on Aliexpress is that private $3 product with no real images. Because the seller already noted down on that product that it is a Tooth Brush on their end, they will ship it to the customers. You only pay for $3, and everyone else don't know about it, it's between you two.

Let's just say I always have hope, and I try to keep it that way to stay positive :)
I am curious about this. Many sellers are offering discounts to my next order to compensate their shortcomings. But I still don't see how to import the discounted product with images.

daniel-97

Again, I tried it, there are no images of the product in the sellers home page. You should try it also.
I think you misunderstood me somewhere.
Let's say you want to sell this product: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000594162561.html (Link A)

You negotiated and got the price of $1 per bag, so they give you this link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970710928.html (Link B)

They know it's the same product, they just need a portal for you to pay with different pricing.

You import product (Link B) and get images/description from (Link A) and copy it to your imported product. The link to the product is Link B, but the images and description was manually copied from Link A's product

the_lyall

You could either save the images and manually upload them to the product you imported that doesn't have images, or you could import the product with images and then change the link in product > supplier to link to the new version, which will keep the description and images from the old version (it's the same way you update a product if it's no longer offered by the supplier but is offered by a different supplier, you can just change the product URL in the product settings to the other version). Either of those options should work, although again this isn't a scenario I've tried as I don't usually negotiate with suppliers on AliExpress.

Mar

I think you misunderstood me somewhere.
Let's say you want to sell this product: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000594162561.html (Link A)

You negotiated and got the price of $1 per bag, so they give you this link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970710928.html (Link B)

They know it's the same product, they just need a portal for you to pay with different pricing.

You import product (Link B) and get images/description from (Link A) and copy it to your imported product. The link to the product is Link B, but the images and description was manually copied from Link A's product
Think I got it. I need the link of the product with images to copy (Link A), add the images to the discounted product that I imported (Link B) I may try it one day when a seller is offering a discount again.

Mar

Either of those options should work, although again this isn't a scenario I've tried as I don't usually negotiate with suppliers on AliExpress.
Neither me. Not all, but many AliExpress sellers are tricky. They are taking care of orders, because if they don't they will be kicked out of AliExpress.

daniel-97

Think I got it. I need the link of the product with images to copy (Link A), add the images to the discounted product that I imported (Link B) I may try it one day when a seller is offering a discount again.
Yep
Neither me. Not all, but many AliExpress sellers are tricky. They are taking care of orders, because if they don't they will be kicked out of AliExpress.
They do this on Aliexpress because they do all the shipping tracks and many of them are just regular people, they will pay a small fee for a company to take care of everything (as told by the supplier I asked long ago)

deedspool

This is exactly the same as my situation now. So I will try to talk to supplier to create private product with no images. Then I will custom the product detail on my site. Thanks for your tips.