What is the reason for appending query strings ?1000 in all static files ?

alioop

So i've been trying to get a few things optimized, and realized that all the pagespeed tools are throwing out a low score and so many errors.

Of course, if i use alicdn for images, i have no control over it whatsoever and they came uncompressed, and ungziped.

But what i'm even more curious is that all the static files have ?1000 appended in the URL. This prevents caching of resources.

I know it's important to not cache certain resources, like when ali changes the image and it can be changed on our end. But i have a feeling the usage is not for that at all since the query string doesn't change so it's entire purpose is just to prevent caching.

It got even more strange, as i kept getting blank ?1000 element all over the place,

0dbce458499561da1ffeac65f7bc1868.png

And turns out it's because i have removed the default images, but the placeholder still remains and shows broken images

e22b65bfcd76c1ee7c04b1f4b7d9c78c.png

And even more broken elements leftover
0e8401ec66c844b8ba22b83d9a3b91c1.png

Devs, please take some time to look into your theme and perform optimizations, fixes, improvements, instead of creating more themes that takes away your time to focus on what you already have.

Last edited:

alioop

And here are some additional request that potentially create bloat that doesn't have to be. It's pulling the same image from ali.

229638f52bbf4d295e50ee4f34f9d293.png