What is the best practice to update wordpress or woocommerce when Alidropship Woo Plugin is already installed?

Shiv Kumar

Every time I want to update my wordpress or woocommerce I afraid that it will break my Alidropship Woo Plugin. So, what is the best practice to update wordpress or woocommerce when Alidropship Woo Plugin is already installed on the website?

daniel-97

Install this plugin: Updraft Plus

This plugin will allow you to backup your website, so everytime something bad happens, you still have the backup versions to go back (restore)

Reactions: Mar

chris37

Install this plugin: Updraft Plus

This plugin will allow you to backup your website, so everytime something bad happens, you still have the backup versions to go back (restore)
I will like to share a story.. When I create a new site 99% of the time i work on a subdomain and then I ask my hosting provider to clone it in the new domain I will buy later,(not because I don't know how to do it by my self but because is really convenient for me to sit in my sofa do nothing after the work I done ;) )

So today I ask the same thing "please bluehost agent clone this subdomain to this domain.." the guy has no idea what he was doing ,he copy just the folder file and he doesn't know how to copy the database and import in my new domain.
So I make half work my self. ;)

Anyway later today I was navigate in difference website I still work on it and i found out this agent delete also the folder from my cpanel,not know why :)

Anyway I install a new wordpress site in that domain and updraft save the day ;)
And my weeks working at that site.
Thank you updraft :)

Last edited:

Mar

I am using Updraft Plus backup. Also, InterServer has a very good JetBackup in cPanel. It crate backup files just like other backup programs. The difference is you can restore single file without affecting other files. Many times I restored a single plugin, I have restored theme file functions.php and header.php again without affecting other files and it restore files fast. You only have to select the file you want to restore and in a single click the file is restored. Unlike Updraft Plus, the process take time with a number of steps. The backup program is free with the host provider.

1602325154295.png

Mar

This I like to know if they have unlimited email for I create as well ?

Yes, unlimited email accounts is supported.
1602340745467.png
If the have 1 install wordpress installation button?
Yes, it is supported as well.

1602340914245.png
24/7 hosting technical support?
24/7 Support is standard in all managed plans. I submit tickets in the wee hours of the night in their location time, they always respond.

1602341074348.png
Also all of my domain are bought from bluehost and I like to transfer those us well,can I do it? .
I dont want to change the nameserver to point bluehost because my domains have cloudflare enable.
Sure, InterServer would be more than willing to assist you in moving your domains from your current domain registrar.

chris37

Legalsers

Create subdomain pages in Wordpress Development services and ask them to copy or move them to the domain. This way, you won't lose the page if the update happens with an error. I had problems updating when pages ended with errors or many page elements shifted sideways or down. I had to redo everything. It's like working in Photoshop. Save all your work variants to get the result. The principle of saving data is the same as in Photoshop and Wordpress. Although you can say that the directions are entirely different, I'm talking more about the preservation and protection of info and not about the essence of the services.

Last edited:

nudsenma

Backing up your WP Website, Avoid making an Upgrade on Live Install, Use Child Themes and Plugins and Check compatibility for your Plugins.