What is the best Payment Gateway for non-US resident that are selling products in the USA?

Bar

Hello,

We are currently using only paypal as our payment gateway. But I noticed on other stores that I currently work for that adding another payment option aside from paypal does increase their conversions.

The problem is most payment gateway requires a US bank account or you need to be a US resident to use their services if you are selling products to the USA. We are currently in the Philippines and most of our customers on our dropshipping store are from the USA.

I already tried setting up a stripe account but your funds from your stripe account can only be sent to a US bank account which we currently don't have.

Can you guys help me on this? I really want to scale my business fast :(

Thanks

Bar

Yeah, I know she's is very busy but I would be very happy if anyone can help us out on this.

Mar

Hello,

We are currently using only paypal as our payment gateway. But I noticed on other stores that I currently work for that adding another payment option aside from paypal does increase their conversions.

The problem is most payment gateway requires a US bank account or you need to be a US resident to use their services if you are selling products to the USA. We are currently in the Philippines and most of our customers on our dropshipping store are from the USA.

I already tried setting up a stripe account but your funds from your stripe account can only be sent to a US bank account which we currently don't have.

Thanks
You got a big misunderstanding here. What you need is a payment gateway that is available in your country. It will require a bank in your country for the payout but you can sell everywhere. Stripe is not available in the Philippines that is why you cannot use it, but you can buy from any store using Stripe payment gateway, meaning Stripe is available in that country where the store is based.

Bar

Hello Mar.

Yes, I know but the only payment gateway that I can integrate with my store that only requires bank account from my country is Paypal. I need another payment gateway aside from PayPal where my customers can pay directly on my website. Basically, I'm looking for a work around.

Best Regards,
Bar

Mar

Hello Mar.

Yes, I know but the only payment gateway that I can integrate with my store that only requires bank account from my country is Paypal. I need another payment gateway aside from PayPal where my customers can pay directly on my website. Basically, I'm looking for a work around.

Best Regards,
Bar
It will depend on the Alidropship plugin you are using. If you are using the original, you are limited to what payment gateway being integrated to the plugin, https://help.alidropship.com/payment-gateways/available-payment-gateways, some are available in the country, e.g. 2Checkout, Paytabs, Bluesnap, etc. If you are using the woo version, you are free to use any payment gateway that is available in the Philippines. But it is wrong to say you need to be a US resident to use their services if you are selling products to the USA.

Bar

Hello Mar,

Thank you for responding to my question and I agree to everything you say. Currently, we are using the original plug-in only because of the davinci theme. the woo version of the davinci theme is not yet solid when checked so I assume it is still a work in progress.

Another question though, how can I get a US bank account if I'm not a resident and never been to america.

Mar

how can I get a US bank account if I'm not a resident and never been to america.
Basically, you cannot open a US bank account in the US if you are not a US citizen although I have seen a lot of long tutorials about it and it is so complicated.

bdonkor

It will depend on the Alidropship plugin you are using. If you are using the original, you are limited to what payment gateway being integrated to the plugin, https://help.alidropship.com/payment-gateways/available-payment-gateways, some are available in the country, e.g. 2Checkout, Paytabs, Bluesnap, etc. If you are using the woo version, you are free to use any payment gateway that is available in the Philippines. But it is wrong to say you need to be a US resident to use their services if you are selling products to the USA.

If you really want to do dropshipping then this is the guide I used and it works perfectly. Stripe and Fluttawave works provided you register your business in the USA and it's simple to register. https://ecommerceintegrity.com/start-dropshipping/

bdonkor

Stripe and Fluttawave is not everything in dropshipping. I have a droshipping store without Stripe and Fluttawave.

OK thank you very much for your reply, but for some of us those payment gateways have been very helpful to us. We don't have many options like you have.

Mar

OK thank you very much for your reply, but for some of us those payment gateways have been very helpful to us. We don't have many options like you have.
I understand it is helpful to you, but it don't mean can't do dropshipping without it.

bdonkor

Thanks very much for those clarifications. I live in a region paypal don't work, other payment gateways don't work easily, with my registered LLC, only those 2 payment gateways have accepted to offer their services so far. Hoping they keep me in business. Not sure if you know our peculiar situation in Africa well enough, many will love to do alidropshipping but don't know how to connect things. These the people my suggestion may help. Hope I have explained my position well enough.

Kath3389

You got a big misunderstanding here. What you need is a payment gateway that is available in your country. It will require a bank in your country for the payout but you can sell everywhere. Stripe is not available in the Philippines that is why you cannot use it, but you can buy from any store using Stripe payment gateway, meaning Stripe is available in that country where the store is based.
Hello, im new in dropshipping and im trying to research about payment gateways, so i read this i dont know if understand right. Does it mean that if im based in UAE i can use say... paytabs and still sell and be able to accept payments in USA where it is not supported? Thank you im sorry for the silly question

Mar

Hello, im new in dropshipping and im trying to research about payment gateways, so i read this i dont know if understand right. Does it mean that if im based in UAE i can use say... paytabs and still sell and be able to accept payments in USA where it is not supported? Thank you im sorry for the silly question
Yes, that is right.

bdonkor

Hello,

Thanks
Can I join this discussion?

First of all, any payment gateway that accept card payment can help your customers pay products on your store from anywhere in the world. USA customers can buy your products and it will go through. It does not matter if the payment gateway originates from your country or USA - card payment is card payment.

If I understand your problem: I can see you want to use Stripe. Stripe is a USA payment gateway service provider (they are also in some selected countries). If Stripe is not in your country then before you can use Stripe outside Stripe countries, you must meet these requirement: 1. you must register your company as LLC in the USA, as well as 2. have a USA bank account. So please pay attention.

If stripe is in your country, go ahead and use it, then you only need a free USA bank account and you are good to go.

On the other hand, that is if you have no payment gateway in your country that can help you out, then follow this guide and register so you can use Stripe. With this guide, Anyone at all can use Stripe, it does not matter whether you live in the USA or not. Check the aspect of the guide that apply to you.

NOTE: If you have Stripe or another payment gateway in your country that is willing to connect your store, the you don't need to follow this guide. It's only for those in need of a payment gateway but can't get one in their country or anywhere else.

Let me know if it helps.

Hello,

Thanks
I personally use 2checkout as my payment gateway and have been using it for more then a year and I dont have any problem with them. I recommend you should create an account with them as they are available in almost 200 countries so you can sell your products in those 200 countries.
their is also competitive, They are costing 3% with 1$ per transaction.
the plus point about 2checkout is that it doesnt required physical registered business. you can apply as a dropshipper.