what happen if i delete an attribute ?

emikim

hello
i have some products with (shipping from) attribute , if i delete it and i want to auto fulfill order i will be asked to chose it or what ?

I believe attributes are not an issue, however the ships from variation is another story and should probably not be changed. I would wait for a official reply on the variation but i remove it from my attributes with no issues.

Arnaldo

@Whitedogtech for ship from variations you should not delete it because it's tied to aliexpress stocks.
You can hide it in woocommerce.

Please check my post about it I explained how to keep the attribute but hiding rhe variation on the front end.

Victoria from support confirmed me that.

I tested the stock sync with this method and it works.

The only thing i wouldn't do after that is delete orphaned variations.

Cheers.

jaykay

@Whitedogtech for ship from variations you should not delete it because it's tied to aliexpress stocks.
You can hide it in woocommerce.

Please check my post about it I explained how to keep the attribute but hiding rhe variation on the front end.

Victoria from support confirmed me that.

I tested the stock sync with this method and it works.

The only thing i wouldn't do after that is delete orphaned variations.

Cheers.
Hi Arnaldo,

I was trying to find the post you mentioned in this reply. But, enable to find a post with solution to hide the variations in front end. Could you please share the post link or title of the post? I am also asking this question from the support and they are saying that it will break the product syncing process and disable the auto updation of products and placing orders automatically.

Mrbb922

I delete variations & attributes all the time. I duplicate products that have zero relevance to each other. For example a cellphone case seller mixes mickey mouse with floral. Instead of keeping them listed together as separate 'colors' I will duplicate the post, delete the variations & attributes that don't fit. It hasn't effected the auto or manual update in any way, stock and price changes still happen accordingly. I also do this for phone models, I don't want iPhone 6 to be mixed in with iPhone X.

Truth is without the option of being able to do this, I would find this plugin completely useless. I want to be able to optimize SEO to the max for each product and the way sellers are on Aliexpress that just isn't possible because they mix to many attributes for 1 product. I want my keywords and phrases to match titles and product specifically. Because the only true way to make money doing this is by organic traffic. I don't want to rely on paid marketing for all my sales. Spending 8 cents to make a dime is not worth it, especially dealing with margins to begin with.

jaykay

I delete variations & attributes all the time. I duplicate products that have zero relevance to each other. For example a cellphone case seller mixes mickey mouse with floral. Instead of keeping them listed together as separate 'colors' I will duplicate the post, delete the variations & attributes that don't fit. It hasn't effected the auto or manual update in any way, stock and price changes still happen accordingly. I also do this for phone models, I don't want iPhone 6 to be mixed in with iPhone X.

Truth is without the option of being able to do this, I would find this plugin completely useless. I want to be able to optimize SEO to the max for each product and the way sellers are on Aliexpress that just isn't possible because they mix to many attributes for 1 product. I want my keywords and phrases to match titles and product specifically. Because the only true way to make money doing this is by organic traffic. I don't want to rely on paid marketing for all my sales. Spending 8 cents to make a dime is not worth it, especially dealing with margins to begin with.

Are you sure that deleting is not giving any problem with auto or manual update? I have seen number of posts here on the forum and asked this question from support executives too. Everyone said that deleting will affect the auto and manual updates. Also, it will not allow auto order placements. Even @Yaros replied the same today when I asked this question -

Unfortunately you can only change the names of attributes. If you remove any of attributes it will lead to a damage of all connections between variations, you will not be able to update products and place orders automatically.

Mrbb922

Yes, I manually update each day on top of my auto update with success. I have also checked the product pages on aliexpress to confirm (when sales end and product stock). I am not sure exactly what differences my plugin or its setup has, but I also experienced almost ZERO CPU usage when updating until I activated facebook pixel for woocommerce. Then I noticed about 40% hike in CPU usage and most likely caused by the updating of products and updating facebook simultaneously. But never has it once reached to point of making the site unavailable, 500 errors or maxing out my resources (mind you this is on the lowest shared plan from namecheap *laughs*) while others on VPS with 8x my resources say it causes complete meltdown.

jaykay

Yes, I manually update each day on top of my auto update with success. I have also checked the product pages on aliexpress to confirm (when sales end and product stock). I am not sure exactly what differences my plugin or its setup has, but I also experienced almost ZERO CPU usage when updating until I activated facebook pixel for woocommerce. Then I noticed about 40% hike in CPU usage and most likely caused by the updating of products and updating facebook simultaneously. But never has it once reached to point of making the site unavailable, 500 errors or maxing out my resources (mind you this is on the lowest shared plan from namecheap *laughs*) while others on VPS with 8x my resources say it causes complete meltdown.

Well, it looks like there is something different in your plugin setup or maybe some third party plugin is making things better for you. But, I can't say others are wrong because lot of users are facing update issues when they delete the attributes or variations. And, in terms of CPU usage, I spent my whole day today to fix that and now resources are cooling down. I hope things get better in both terms for me too.
Do let us know if you find something which will be helpful for fellow members.

Arnaldo

Hi @jaykay. In any case you never delete an attribute, you hide it on the frontend.

Search in the forum « hide ship from variation » and see my post with provided screenshots on how to do so.

Cheers.

jaykay

Hi @jaykay. In any case you never delete an attribute, you hide it on the frontend.

Search in the forum « hide ship from variation » and see my post with provided screenshots on how to do so.

Cheers.

Thanks Arnaldo,

I was able to find a thread which you started with the title "Is there any way to hide "ship from" variation to customer ?" But, I can't see screenshots including how to instructions in that thread. Can you provide a link to the post or maybe the post has a different title?

Arnaldo

There is 3 threads where i mentionned this, i admit the forum is a bit messy but i’m sure you’ll find it.

shubietah

Hi , recently i run the products update & it delete the out of stock products instead of set Qty to zero, please advise

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 12