What are the top 5 Challenges Freight Forwarders Face Today?

slrshippingllc

Whether your supply chain depends on air freight or sea freight, you need the help of freight forwarders at a particular stage. Today, freight forwarding companies handle a large part of the world’s trade. With the increased demand and complex trade regulations, freight forwarders in Dubai are facing many challenges. Since Dubai has become a hub for business, their need for freight forwarders has increased massively. Let’s give you a brief introduction to the various challenges. Let’s have a look:

Challenges Freight Forwarders face Today.jpg

Increased Fuel Cost​

The biggest challenge freight forwarders face today is the rising fuel costs. The demand is increasing but so do the fuel costs. With the increasing fuel costs, it is becoming difficult for the shippers to offer cost-effective shipping services, and their profit margins are also significantly affected. The need to find fuel alternatives for freight forwarders in Dubai has become extremely important.

Difficulty in Driver Retention​

Freight forwarders in Dubai depend heavily on road transport, increasing the problem of driver shortage and retention. With indefinite working hours and difficult working conditions, it becomes difficult for them to retain high-quality truck drivers. Also, the industry prefers young drivers to make their transportation more efficient.

Technology transformation​

Like all other industries, the freight forwarding industry has also faced massive transformation due to technological development. The industry is highly dependent on tech-based resources to offer seamless services to its customers. The freight forwarders in Dubai use several tech-based resources to improve communication and strengthen operations. Several tracking tools and innovative equipment are added to the industry to make the process easier.

Changing Rules and regulations​

The rules and regulations for trade change from country to country, making it harder for the freight forwarders in Dubai to manage their shipments. They need to comply with the ever-changing trade policies of governments to ensure that their goods don’t get stuck in customs. The top freight shipping companies like SLR shipping services always take care of the changing policies so that the goods can reach safely and quickly without much difficulty.

Ensuring Environment-friendly practices​

One of the biggest reasons freight forwarders in Dubai suffer is maintaining sustainable practices. Due to the massive level of oils spills and carbon emissions, it has become such a task for them to provide eco-friendly services. Controlling the pollution level caused by their operations and maintaining a sustainable environment has become very important. Also, this impacts their profit levels as customers now prefer services like SLR shipping services that care about the environment.

wondercrew4

Probably, at the moment, the main problem of forwarders is wars, especially in Europe. The problem of logistics - disruptions, deliveries, etc. As for the environment, I can only add that it is good that companies are concerned that the amount of waste emissions into the atmosphere needs to be reduced. For example, I have a company in my city that Rubbish clearance Portsmouth and surrounding areas, thereby reducing the amount of waste in my area. I think that's what we should strive for.

Last edited: