We are dropshipping in the US, is there any way we can shorten delivery time?

cobbyfred

We have formidable competitors who are delivering between 1-3 days. We will not be able to compete with them at all if we rely on the free shipping with 25-45 days delivery time. What can we do to speed up the delivery time? Are you also dropshipping in the US, what have you done to correct or make it up to the slow and long delivery time?

We would appreciate if you can share your thoughts.

Direct Webstore

Filter your product search on Aliexpress for "Ships from" the U.S. There is an Alidropship blog article on it.

As for "speeding up" deliveries from China ... forget it. That's why "free shipping" is advised to compensate for the slowness.

We have formidable competitors who are delivering between 1-3 days.
Did you research all this before choosing your niche and/or products? I hope it's not electronics, drones or gadgets. I've seen so many make that big mistake.

Reactions: Mar

Mar

We have formidable competitors who are delivering between 1-3 days. We will not be able to compete with them at all if we rely on the free shipping with 25-45 days delivery time. What can we do to speed up the delivery time? Are you also dropshipping in the US, what have you done to correct or make it up to the slow and long delivery time?

We would appreciate if you can share your thoughts.
First of all, the long delivery time is not because it is droshipping. Even if a buyer purchased a product directly from AliExpress if the shipping method is free shipping and the sellers warehouse is in China, the delivery time, 25-45 days is the same. You can have this 1-3 days delivery time even if it is free shipping if the seller's warehouse is in the U.S. But this 25-45 days is the estimated maximum. Most of the time, the delivery is much earlier.

Delivered in two days from a warehouse in the U.S.
1561450867209.png

Delivery in eight days from China warehouse.
1561451035622.png

From China warehouse
1561451339191.png

From China warehouse
1561451420688.png

cobbyfred

Did you research all this before choosing your niche and/or products? I hope it's not electronics, drones or gadgets. I've seen so many make that big mistake.

Am afraid not, my research didn't go that far. What's this thing about electronics, drones and gadgets, being a big mistake? Would you mind explaining, because am into 'gadgeting'?

cobbyfred

First of all, the long delivery time is not because it is droshipping. Even if a buyer purchased a product directly from AliExpress if the shipping method is free shipping and the sellers warehouse is in China, the delivery time, 25-45 days is the same. You can have this 1-3 days delivery time even if it is free shipping if the seller's warehouse is in the U.S. But this 25-45 days is the estimated maximum. Most of the time, the delivery is much earlier.

Delivered in two days from a warehouse in the U.S.
View attachment 9429

Delivery in eight days from China warehouse.
View attachment 9430

From China warehouse
View attachment 9431

From China warehouse
View attachment 9432
May I know if the products delivered from China warehouses were paid shipping or free shipping?

Direct Webstore

Am afraid not, my research didn't go that far. What's this thing about electronics, drones and gadgets, being a big mistake?
I'm not going to repeat it all here. Niche selection and what to avoid is off-topic to this thread anyway. Google it or Youtube it. And if you did not bother doing any research before choosing a niche, I really have no sympathy for you. There's really no excuse for that at all.

... and that goes for the rest of you. A team of people doing no research at all makes it even more unforgivable.
Unless that's just a "royal we".

I've made mistakes in the past too and scrapped/rebuilt total sites several times during my learning curve over the past few years. I suggest you do the same ... but start with research first.

If you (or your possible team) don't know where to start, I suggest the Alidropship blogs section at www.alidropship.com and also just simple Google and/or Youtube searches such as "How to choose a drop shipping niche" or "What drop shipping niches to avoid". All will be revealed.

However ... you can dropship anything, including electronics/gadgets if you work hard enough and also add extra value content such as original informative blogs to your site and spend heaps on advertising. I prefer to avoid that extra hard work and expense and choose more unique niches via imagination and research. Gadget sites are a dime a dozen. WAY too much competition. Every man and his grandmother are running one. At least they're not as bad as phone cover sites. If you had one of those ... I'd have to kill you to put you out of your misery. ;)

Last edited: