Want to move from Shopify to Woocommerce

jackbauer

Hello,

I have some questions

1. Does Woocommerce send emails to customers for new orders?

2. And does the plugin also update tracking info for all customers?

3. Can you import orders in Woocommerce?

Thank you

jubran

Hello Jack,

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. What do you exactly mean?

But my personal advise: don't do it! Well, unless you are convinced by this plugin and broke from Shopify fees.

maxyy89

Agree with Jubran here. I never couldn't make my woo site look good like is on Shopify. I'm not totally beginer but for woo you will need a lot of customization and plugins to work properly. This is just my opinion.

Direct Webstore

you will need a lot of customization and plugins to work properly.

I think these are the minimal plugins needed to set up a good looking and functional Woo/Alidropship setup ...

Add-on Contact Form 7 - Mailpoet 3
AddToAny Share Buttons
AliDropship Woo Plugin
All In One SEO Pack
Bounce Handler Mailpoet
Contact Form 7
Facebook Feed WD
Facebook for WooCommerce
Instagram Feed
MailPoet 3 (New)
Maintenance
Simple YouTube Embed
Smart Recent Posts Widget
SocialRabbit
Tawk.to Live Chat
The Post Grid
Woo Related Products
WooCommerce
WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration
WooCommerce PayPal Express Checkout Gateway
WooCommerce Stripe Gateway
WordPress Media Library Folders
WP Cerber Security & Antispam
WP Smush
WP Super Cache

Direct Webstore

Wow, that's a lot of plugins...

There's a few there you could do without like the newsletter stuff, maintenance, Youtube Embed, Tawk.to Chat, Library folders, Post Grid, SEO pack, Facebook and Instagram feeds etc ... but then you start having a pretty boring site ... :)

Direct Webstore

I just need a feed with my products.
The Facebook feed just displays your Facebook posts on your site. What's the point of having a Facebook feed of your products/posts on your site ... when people are already on your site and can see the products already?

Much better to have the products in a Shop tab on your Facebook page, in my opinion + have them as posts in the timeline section as well of course.

Direct Webstore

I was simply talking about a Facebook feed to create a product catalog inside of Facebook.

That's what the "Facebook for Woocommerce" is. And the "Facebook Feed" simply displays your Facebook posts on your website. Seem like we're having a communication problem. No worries. :)

Direct Webstore

Perfect now.

Do you know what plugins are used here in this store, this is all I need:

https://demo.woothemes.com/storefront/
Those are standard Woo plugins already built in. You just need to insert the shortcodes on your homepage. (or anywhere) You can see some here ... https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/ ... or Google "Woocommerce shortcodes" for more.

e.g [recent_products]
or ... [recent_products limit="4" columns="4"]

etc
:)

EDIT: Setup a "Static Homepage" in "Appearance/Customization" or Settings/ Reading