Variation Selected in Product Page, Does Not Show as Main Image Upon Selection

Miles

Hi there,

I'm using Woo theme and it's working out great. When I'm at the product page, there displays the main pictures of the product on the left side of the page. When there are variables of the product such as the color, it's in mini picture form on the right side of the page. When I select the variable color, it does not show up as the main image upon selection such as in AliExpress.

See image attached.

Notes:
- all the variables are downloaded in media folder
- plugin works, but it just doesn't display variable images as main product images upon selection

Attachments

• ali.png
    ali.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 70

Miles

Hey @Miles, it sounds like you didn't go into the variations. Click on each variation and set the image.

I looked into variations and I do not see "Set Image" option.

Only see options: Enabled Downloadable Virtual Manage stock

When I hover mouse over vari image, it only has option to remove image.

Sunster

Staff member
@Miles Not sure if you are still looking for this but that's exactly where you edit the variable image. All you do is click that to remove and add an image for a variable. So if there is an image there now, if you click on it, it will remove it and then you can click it again to add a new one.

Miles

Yes, I have done that. The image is there and uploaded.

When on published product page, when I select a variation such as the color, it does not display as the main product image upon selection even under "Attributes" when it's checked "Display product variations as images"...

Hopefully @Yaros can help with this, could be a bug.

Jess

Don't think it's a bug as it's working perfectly here. Weird.

Edit: That display product variations as images is just to show thumbnails so that won't affect it.

Miles

I'm using Woo Comm with Woo theme, if you can provide sample posting to see if it's working then I'm surprised on my end because I import a product without any modifications.

Sunster

Staff member
I agree, don't think it's a bug as mine is working as it should. Click on a variation and the corresponding image is shown as the main large image. Not sure if it's a theme issue or something else especially if you have it setup correctly.

Love to show you but I've got trade secrets to protect ;)

Miles

I understand. You can blank out whatever product your importing. Are you using aliplugin's own theme?

Those who are using aliplug woo with woo theme, does it work? Because mine doesn't and I haven't touched any variations or attributes. When I select a variation in the product page, it does not show up as the main image when selected for viewing.

Miles

Please see figures 1 - 3, I have tried to do my best, I do not know what to do at this point. I tried a default theme from Woo, still doesn't work.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Jur

@Miles, its not working here either. The thumbs are to small to see which "variation:"is selected. As on aliexpress, when you select a variation, is should be loaded as main image. I use flatsome + woo plugin. Any tips ?

Jur

@Miles, it working here. My "problem" was there are 2 variables 1 is color with images and size , when click on the thumbnail for color, its not loading main image, But only after select Size too, so after all selections made , it loads as main image.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi there,

I'm using Woo theme and it's working out great. When I'm at the product page, there displays the main pictures of the product on the left side of the page. When there are variables of the product such as the color, it's in mini picture form on the right side of the page. When I select the variable color, it does not show up as the main image upon selection such as in AliExpress.

See image attached.

Notes:
- all the variables are downloaded in media folder
- plugin works, but it just doesn't display variable images as main product images upon selection
Hello, sorry for long reply- could you please PM me your domain name and WordPress login and password to check it out.

Jur

Hi, i have the same problem, work with 2 variables
1 color : these are thumbnails
2 size : this is dropdown

when i click thumbnails, the main image will not change ( in aliexpress website it does already)

If i have selected size in the dropdown, and then click thumbnails, the main image change. It would be great if the main image change without first select the size..

now i have to duplicate every product for every category and set a default variations, so when clicking the thumbnails it works. So matter of speaking, i split all size variations to new products , and its hell of a job

@Miles is it solved for you ?

Jur

Is there a solution for the so main image will change when select thumbnail,before select the second variation option

i have the same problem, work with 2 variables
1 color : these are thumbnails
2 size : this is dropdown

when i click thumbnails, the main image will not change ( in aliexpress website it does already)

If i have selected size in the dropdown, and then click thumbnails, the main image change. It would be great if the main image change without first select the size..