Variation Pricing

Isaac

Hi I have a few questions regarding variation pricing that needs immediate answers.

Questions
1.How doe the variation pricing updates?
2.Under Inventory,if you have variation set,it will show the original price (at Aliexpress) and sales price (at your own site).However, the price does not update according to the formula.Instead it takes the general price of the product.If the product has different pricing,how to manage it automatically under the variation price?

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I have a few questions regarding variation pricing that needs immediate answers.

Questions
1.How doe the variation pricing updates?
2.Under Inventory,if you have variation set,it will show the original price (at Aliexpress) and sales price (at your own site).However, the price does not update according to the formula.Instead it takes the general price of the product.If the product has different pricing,how to manage it automatically under the variation price?
Hello,
1. The variation pricing basically works the same way as the pricing for the simple products. If you have the markup formula set up, the price will be updated in accordance with this formula. Or you can edit it manually in the product's edit menu - Inventory section of the Product Options menu.
2. The variation price should be updated according to the formula. If it doesn't, please send an email to support@alidropship.com, we'll check your formula and other settings.

Isaac

Hello,
1. The variation pricing basically works the same way as the pricing for the simple products. If you have the markup formula set up, the price will be updated in accordance with this formula. Or you can edit it manually in the product's edit menu - Inventory section of the Product Options menu.
2. The variation price should be updated according to the formula. If it doesn't, please send an email to support@alidropship.com, we'll check your formula and other settings.
Will it be updated once we import in the product or do we need to wait for system to auto update price?or do we need to manually adjust at inventory?

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
Will it be updated once we import in the product or do we need to wait for system to auto update price?or do we need to manually adjust at inventory?
If the pricing markup formula has been added, the prices will update automatically according to this formula right after you import the item.

Isaac

If the pricing markup formula has been added, the prices will update automatically according to this formula right after you import the item.
OK thanks for the info,will update back.Need to check all items first.

Isaac

Hi it follows the markup formula but it is taking the highest price in the variation as the cost.Is it possible to make it has different price according to the variation?
Like Variation A = Price A Variation B = Price B,instead of just Variant A,Variant B = Price B (highest price)

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
Hi it follows the markup formula but it is taking the highest price in the variation as the cost.Is it possible to make it has different price according to the variation?
Like Variation A = Price A Variation B = Price B,instead of just Variant A,Variant B = Price B (highest price)
The way you describe it is how it's supposed to work. If it doesn't work like this, please send a ticket to support@alidropship.com with your access credentials, we'll check what might be causing the issue.

Ekke

So you're telling me I have to make different posts for different variations if I want to sell for example a tiny lego set and a huge lego set?
I tried the Woo version of this and the variations worked, now when I'm on the other version it doesn't. I thought I made a mistake somewhere but if it's by design I'm not really happy with it, let's say I want to add a teddy bear in my store, there's different variations and they are:

1cm tall
5cm tall
10cm tall
15cm tall
20cm tall
25cm tall

First of, I wouldn't like to create 6 different posts for the same product and would you like to pay the highest price (25cm) for a 1cm tall teddybear? No idea why this worked in the Woo-version but you kinda need to fix this, import the different variation prices.

EDIT: And sometimes it picks the lowest price for the item, so you might risk losing money.

Ekke

Ok sorry, for some reason it started working now. Is it a cache problem or what is it?

It would be really helpful if updates created a log of the changes made.
Something you could scan periodically to make sure things are okay.

Alerts for large changes in price (perhaps over a set percentage) or inventory below a certain level would be helpful too.

Thanks for your response, Victoria.

I was referring to product price updates (the topic of this thread.) Thought it might be nice if price changes were encapsulated in a log you could scan looking for anything that might be out of the ordinary.