User register: email already registered

chachu44

Hi, I have a problem when user wants to register. Even if the email is not registered (it's not in the user list) the system says that the user email is already registered.

I made some test (trying to register a user with a test email) and it keeps saying that email is already registered.

I have check the DB and I found that the email is only present in wp9v_ads_activities table (because probably this email address filled a cart before).

How can I resolve this?
Thanks

Direct Webstore

I have check the DB and I found that the email is only present in wp9v_ads_activities table

Is it there BEFORE you try to register with it? If so ... the problem is obvious. Isn't it?
And if so ... why are you filling a cart with a test email and then trying to register with it?
It makes no sense.

chachu44

Is it there BEFORE you try to register with it? If so ... the problem is obvious. Isn't it?
And if so ... why are you filling a cart with a test email and then trying to register with it?
It makes no sense.

But it makes sense for some customers. For example, a customer enter the website and fill the cart, in fact maybe try to do the order but for some reason leave the cart without buying.

The next day he try to register in the website as a customer. In this point is where the problem appear, as the email seems to be already registered.

Thanks for answer

Direct Webstore

In that case, there is no problem. That is normal behaviour. If it did not do that then Abandoned Cart plugins and Facebook pixel would not work correctly.

Any customers who fail to realise that they have already entered their email during a non completed checkout process when they get that error message are just stupid.

Bottom line ... there is no problem ... and that's why it made no sense.

Don't worry about it.

If it really bothers you ... start researching how to make a child theme, and how to edit the registration page and then insert a notice explaining the situation for the very few stupid customers who fail to understand what is happening .. lol :)

chachu44

In that case, there is no problem. That is normal behaviour. If it did not do that then Abandoned Cart plugins and Facebook pixel would not work correctly.

Any customers who fail to realise that they have already entered their email during a non completed checkout process when they get that error message are just stupid.

Bottom line ... there is no problem ... and that's why it made no sense.

Don't worry about it.

If it really bothers you ... start researching how to make a child theme, and how to edit the registration page and then insert a notice explaining the situation for the very few stupid customers who fail to understand what is happening .. lol :)

Maybe i did'n explain this correctly.
In the explained situation, the system says that "email is already registered" but it's not!
The customer in this scenario can't register because of this, and even can't recover a password because there is no user with that email registered. So is stuck.

Direct Webstore

can't recover a password because there is no user with that email registered. So is stuck.
This part sounds strange ... write to support at support@alidropship.com, give them access to your Admin, and let them have a look.
Something is probably not configured correctly or you're missing some setting or you are misunderstanding how something works. (9 times out of 10 it's one or more of those reasons)

It's not a bug in the plugin as no one else has this problem.

:)

Last edited:

kay

Hi Did you guys were able to solve this issue ?
I am having same issue. Also when I try to login,
1616646585746.png