Updating product results in Gateway Timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

basslion

I click the update button on product page and it spins and spins and eventually it shows error

Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

I notice on product page there is Facebook sectionas shown here http://prntscr.com/jdie8d

I am wondering if there is timeout because it is trying to communicate with Facebook.

Why would this be happening?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I click the update button on product page and it spins and spins and eventually it shows error

Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

I notice on product page there is Facebook sectionas shown here http://prntscr.com/jdie8d

I am wondering if there is timeout because it is trying to communicate with Facebook.

Why would this be happening?
Hello, have you tried to contact with Facebook plugin support team? seems it's an issue on their end.

basslion

Hey Victoria,

I tracked down the issue. I am on a shared server and using WooCommerce for Facebook plugin. When click update on product page, it connects with Facebook to upload product data to my store page. Some products with many variations take in excess of 5 minutes to upload. My host had the PHP variable for max execution time too low. They were able to adjust my Apache time out setting and all is good now.

Issue now is everytime i want to make a small change to a product with so many variations, i click update and have to wait 5 mins. It would be nice if there was a seperate button to sync with Facebook and not the product Update button.

I'd also recommend you look into if your host supports the public_html php.ini file so you can make minor settings changes yourself. Ususally dropping the php.ini file in will override the hosts default php.ini file and this can be helpful for some issues.

crissjohns

Hey Victoria,

I tracked down the issue. I am on a shared server and using WooCommerce for Facebook plugin. When click update on product page, it connects with Facebook to upload product data to my store page. Some products with many variations take in excess of 5 minutes to upload. My host had the PHP variable for max execution time too low. They were able to adjust my Apache time out setting and all is good now.

Issue now is everytime i want to make a small change to a product with so many variations, i click update and have to wait 5 mins. It would be nice if there was a seperate button to sync with Facebook and not the product Update button.
5 minutes is alot , have same issue and had to disable facebook..let me contact my hosting and get it fixed .

Status
Not open for further replies.