Trouble with AliExpress

Tokay

At this point in time I'm desperate and wondering if anyone had security problems with AliExpress?

I received an order on my dropship store. A few minutes after processing this on my end the customer asks for a refund, so I cancel the order on AliExpress. The customer then re-orders the items because he forgot to apply a discount code. I think nothing of it and re order. Next day I get an email from AliExpress saying the order was closed for security concerns asking me to appeal it. Of course the appeals link doesn't work. I talk to live chat who instruct me to register with AliPay and upload my passport there and everything will be OK. About 1 hour later I get an email from AliPay saying verification was successful so I re make the order. The next day this also gets closed. I talk to chat again who suggest using another card. I create a new card on AliExpress/AliPay and even verify it by phone. I make the order and an hour later it gets closed. The chat agents can offer no further help or explanation other than suggest I use Wire Transfer or Western Union. Both of these are not viable for my business and I'm now effectively blocked out of my account and my business is screwed.

Has anyone been through the same and can offer advice on what to do?

I recently had a this same type of issue. Messed up my account for about a week and half. Verify everything you can within the AliPay section of your account. Also, after you have verified, be prepared to wait at least 48 hours for it all to settle in. After I verified, my order payment processing is done before I even have a chance to click over to my order page. After I had it all setup, things are working much faster and better.

What I had to send in to verify was images of my ID, the credit card and the header of bank statement. They just need proof that you are the same person that is listed on the card.

Aliexpress recently implemented new security protocols for protection. As you can imagine, Aliexpress is a great place for CC fraud, since you can send a package to any address in the world different from the billing address.

As a note to everyone, if you have not verified your account, I strongly suggest you do it as soon as you can, do not wait for them to flag you and lockup your account.

Tokay

How did you send this? I'm more than willing to do this but all they asked was for me to upload my passport to alipay. None of the things you said. The chat reps I spoke to just kept saying how they "understand my frustration" but nothing else. No time frame, no telling me what else to do, nothing.

I just had to fulfill an order on dhgate and lost $10 just to keep up appearances instead of making the customer wait. Not ideal..

Interestingly enough, I cannot find the page on alipay that I did that. Might not be available to be anymore? Not sure. In my case, I got the link from the chat help desk with a page that allowed me to upload for verification all sorts of items. I suggest, getting back on chat with them and see if they can provide the page to do that. And while on chat, keep insisting that they check your account over and over again to make sure that you are all verified and everything is OK. For me, it took about 9 chat sessions over the course of a week to get this all fixed. Was killing me!

I recalled now that they have at least 2 support levels. The first person you will chat with is moderately clueless. After going around and around, I was forwarded in chat to another level of people that had better info and more experience.

Tokay

The link aliexpress gave me in the email does not work. I got the alipay link from chat.

Same here in all 4 chat sessions I was passed to a "payment consultant". First time I got the alipay link, the other 3 times said that I was verified and that my case was being looked at by "senior staff" but no transfer to them nor time frame which tells me they're doing nothing. Orders are still blocked. They just said the timeframe or further details cannot be given. I really feel f $#ed at this stage..

Tokay

They also gave me "advice" to get me to sign off like clear cookies, different device, etc even make a new account! None of this worked ofc..

Tokay

So since then about 4 days after submitting my passport and around 6 chat sessions later, I received an order and decided to try it out. The payment went through fine and like Anonymous451 said the payment was verified even before I could load the orders page. I recommend everyone create an AliPay account, link their card and verify it ASAP even if orders are working fine, just to prevent the same scenario I was in.