Trademark Infingement

Max B

Huh
Got a trademark infringment notice on my website wtf.
Anyone ever got this? How do I deal with this?
Is it just the naming of the products or the pictures?
I don't understand AliExpress is using the same titles as me and they're fine.
Right now, I'm just going to ignore it, cuz they can't really find out who I am anyways, as I don't have a real name on the site registrars anyways.
Also my competitor is selling the exact same things as me and he has been doing this a lot longer than me.

Reactions: kay

Max B

Somebody from Junior Legal Counsil from the company.
I sell clothing and accessories that have a logo embedded on them, like t-shirts and rings.
He is saying I can't even use the word that the video game is using, but that word is in the dictionary lol wtf

Direct Webstore

I don't understand AliExpress is using the same titles as me and they're fine.

They are in China ... a communist country that snubs it's nose at international copyrights and is pretty much untouchable. Aliexpress sells HEAPS of illegally branded goods. It's up to YOU to filter what products you import to your site. Your best bet is to simply remove the product or products in question and apologise. If it involves your entire niche/site ... you'll have to scrap it and start a new one.

This has been documented elsewhere. You really should do thorough research BEFORE establishing your niche and products. But there are ways around it. e.g The "World of Harry" store. The words "World" and "Harry" are OK ... but if they named it "Harry Potter Store" ... they'd be in a lot of trouble.

Last edited:

The Dropper

Selling big brands products is always a one step movement from the hell of lawyers & legal issues, avoid brands like Nike,puma, Adidas,hp,Philips and other big billion company there is no way they could produce in china & have their products there, with fans merch it's different, some of the brands like tv shows and movies use to give OEM license to Chinese manufacturers in order to produce with fewer costs and blow away the 3rd world with their products. But not all of them !!
You said that the name is in dictionary, well, it doesn't matter when you are referring to their brand, let's say you use "Jack & the giants", if you are targeting something else, whatever it is which called the same name, then it's not a problem, but when you refer to that exact story of Jack we all know, then that's a problem, and that trademark won't be eligible as a public domain anymore.
My advice is to contact the email sender & ask for proof that they are the legal representant of the company that own the trademark, if they send proof, you better RUN !!!

bingbang

There's loads on sale on eBay, Amazon etc. though. Are you saying they are also in breach of trademark infringement?
Getting a bit anxious that I've started this dropship not knowing the true legality of it all.