Tracking Page Adsense Ad Problem - Fixed

Direct Webstore

THE PROBLEM
The present Tracking Page contains an iFrame displaying a page from 17Track. This page also has an Adsense ad on it, which is bad enough. What is worse is that sometimes the Adsense ad is from AliExpress advertising the same products as you .. with MUCH LOWER PRICES! Your drop shipping secret has been exposed! The reputation of your site has just been destroyed. LOL :)

SOLUTION
Use https://global.cainiao.com instead and use an iFrame plugin to insert it into the "Tracking Page". There is an ad at the bottom of this page ... but not an adsense ad ... and you can cut it out from view by making the iFrame 590px height. (See pics) Global Cainiao is what AliExpress itself uses so it tracks China Post and EPacket deliveries.

1. Go to Pages and edit the "Track your order" page. Remove the "[ads-track]" shortcode and Save/Update

2. Go to Plugins/Add New and search for WP Wrapper and install/activate it. For reference, this is the webpage of the plugin ...https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-wrapper/

3. Go to Settings/WP Wrapper and enter these settings. Depending on your theme, you may have to adjust them a little. These work OK with DavInci on all browsers and my S3 Phone.

URL: https://global.cainiao.com
Page: Your Tracking Page
Width: 100%
Height: 590
Border: 0
Scroll: no

4. Save .... Done!

:)

Last edited:

kevgl

What is worse is that sometimes the Adsense ad is from AliExpress advertising the same products as you .. with MUCH LOWER PRICES! Your drop shipping secret has been exposed! The reputation of your site has just been destroyed. LOL :)
Holy...This right here, might just be one of the reasons i am not getting sales, only abandoned carts LOL. Thanks a LOT.. Will definitely look through customers viewpoint more than i am being an owner!

Adam

Holy...This right here, might just be one of the reasons i am not getting sales, only abandoned carts LOL. Thanks a LOT.. Will definitely look through customers viewpoint more than i am being an owner!

Could be, site performance is also a big thing, how is your site performing? It is a constant battle I have with AliDropship unfortunately so you have to be careful in what extra plugins you are installing, the size of images etc or your conversion rate will suffer.

BTW are you chasing up those abandoned carts with follow up emails? I've had some good success using the abandoned cart sequence with some re-writes of the emails.

Direct Webstore

Holy...This right here, might just be one of the reasons i am not getting sales

Not for first time customers ... they have to buy something first before they'd use the Tracking Page ... but if they saw an Aliexpress ad as described above they probably wouldn't come back.

In reality though, the chances of them seeing an ad from Aliexpress aren't THAT high and the chances of that ad having some of your products would be even more rare ... but it can still happen. Better to be safe than sorry though.

Apart from all that ... just getting rid of the ad, no matter where it is from is reason enough to make this modification. Sites with ads look cheap and tacky.

The Dropper

I don't think that your customers will visit the tracking page unless if they already bought something from you, i don't see any affection on sales because of this.
But you can use a better solution than Caniao :
https://track.aftership.com/
Just iFrame it or use the widget here : https://www.aftership.com/features/track-button
It looks like this : and open the tracking page in new tab , it's clean & don't contain any ads .
17800482_393394811045256_3123676581396319857_n.jpg

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I don't think that your customers will visit the tracking page unless if they already bought something from you

I already said that.

i don't see any affection on sales because of this.

If ... after buying something, they use the tracking page and see your products in an Aliexpress ad ... they won't come back and buy again.

But you can use a better solution than Caniao :
https://track.aftership.com/

With Aftership ... after entering your tracking number, you are confronted by a huge list of Postal companies to choose from. This may prove confusing to many customers. With Caniao you simply enter the tracking number and are taken directly to the results. I don't see how Aftership it is a "better solution" It does however "look" nicer. :)

You can't use widgets with Alidropship themes ... Only Woo Commerce installations. You could insert their code into a html box widget. With Alidropship themes, you'd have to edit theme files to insert it. Which would be overwritten with each theme update ... unless you created a child theme. But the other problem with the widget is you can only choose one carrier. If you choose "China Post" .. you won't be covering China EMS and others. Canio covers everything sent by Aliexpress sellers. The widget is simply not a viable option

EDIT: You could maybe put the widget code into the text area of the Tracking Page when you edit it ... but you still have the problem of it covering only one carrier. So still not an option. Unless you want to get really messy and create several widget codes for different carriers and have several search boxes on the tracking page, but again, this may prove confusing to customers. :(

God! This is getting complicated .... I think I'll stick with my original solution ... LOL :)

Last edited:

The Dropper

With Aftership ... after entering your tracking number, you are confronted by a huge list of Postal companies to choose from. This may prove confusing to many customers. With Caniao you simply enter the tracking number and are taken directly to the results. I don't see how Aftership it is a "better solution" It does however "look" nicer.

I don't see any list ?!! when you enter the tracking number in the field & then click "Track", a new tab will be opened & Aftership automatically detect the carrier. I tried that with many trackings numbers & asked Other friends to do so, & everything went smoothly, However, can you please send me a list of how it looks in your part , make sure to use the individual tracking page : track.aftership.com not the homepage .

You can't use widgets with Alidropship themes ... Only Woo Commerce installations. You could insert their code into a html box widget. With Alidropship themes, you'd have to edit theme files to insert it. Which would be overwritten with each theme update ... unless you created a child theme. But the other problem with the widget is you can only choose one carrier. If you choose "China Post" .. you won't be covering China EMS and others. Canio covers everything sent by Aliexpress sellers. The widget is simply not a viable option

EDIT: You could maybe put the widget code into the text area of the Tracking Page when you edit it ... but you still have the problem of it covering only one carrier. So still not an option. Unless you want to get really messy and create several widget codes for different carriers and have several search boxes on the tracking page, but again, this may prove confusing to customers.

Hi, yes you can !! please refer to that post here :
https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/my-aliexpress-dropshipping-journey.776532/page-91#post-9325912

It's the same trick we did before to integrate 17track when the plugin was in Beta-Test mode .
Good luck.

Direct Webstore

I don't see any list ?!!

You don't have to shout. If it's OK for you .. then great! :) For me ... I tried several tracking codes and with 2 of them I was taken directly to the results ... with the other 4 I was presented with a list of carriers to choose from. Not really reliable enough for me. But like I said ... if you love it ... great! :)

Re - Widget..

That's not the "Widget" ... and if you used it to embed the "Aftership" so called "widget" code ... you still have the problem of it only covering one carrier.

Good luck.
With what??

Last edited:

The Dropper

That's not the "Widget" ... and if you used it to embed the "Aftership" so called "widget" code ... you still have the problem of it only covering one carrier.

Sorry, didn't meant the widget, but the tracking button .
There is no problem, we just trying to offer as many solutions as there is.

The Dropper

It's basically the same solution, but with a different tracking page ... but thanks for the extra option of a different page for anyone that prefers it. :)

No problem at all ! glad to help !
I think the problem with courriers is the same as 17track, when they don't recognize the shipping company, they show 2 or 3 options that they guess might be the correct courrier .

Direct Webstore

when they don't recognize the shipping company, they show 2 or 3 options that they guess might be the correct courrier .

For me it's an entire page of couriers .. not 2 or 3. Just too unreliable for me and potententially confusing for customers. Until something better shows up, I'll be staying with "Cainiao". So far it works 100% of the time.

The Dropper

For me it's an entire page of couriers .. not 2 or 3. Just too unreliable for me and potententially confusing for customers. Until something better shows up, I'll be staying with "Cainiao". So far it works 100% of the time.

I used Caniao too, the problem was its Chineese look and that they support 70 carriers only, comparing to 17track (127) & aftership (355) .
Btw, there are also some good "premium" options out there, if you are ready to pay some extra fees.

Direct Webstore

Caniao .... support 70 carriers only

It supports all the carriers used by Aliexpress sellers ... and that's all I'm concerned with. I don't need couriers such as DHL, UPS, FedEx etc.

I used Caniao too, the problem was its Chineese look
I get you ... like I said before .. it "looks" nice. But if it's ease of use and functionality are not 100% spot on, 100% of the time, I'll give it a miss.