Took some time but we did it-our first store

Thenebra

Finally, we have developed our first AliExpress dropshipping store https://two-stupid-cats.myshopify.com/

As you can see it is a shopify platform based store. Our next store will be a woocommerce one. The intention is to try different things as much as possible.

We do get that cat market is saturated but it is something we are really passionate about so we decided(my wife decided haha) to give it a try.

We are going to start promoting the site soon; however we are new at this and the process is going to be slow and i guess somewhat painfull.

It would be great if you could review my site, give some recommendations, ideas, share your experience or anything you think would be useful!

Poni

Hi! Cats are awesome ;).

Just a couple things that I would change:

- domain should just be 2stupidcats without the shopify stuff in the end

- background I would just go with white or something else easy on the eyes

- logo takes a lot of your prime space, make it smaller or build in nav bar imo

rest looks good :) maybe add a newsletter too

Thenebra

Hi Poni :)

Thaks for your input.

We were thinking something along the same direction and will do all the things you suggested. (wife approves haha)

Still getting small numbers traffic wise and no sales but guess that is normal and will take a while to build up...

Thenebra

Just a small update...we made our first sale! :)))
It took us 13 days but we did it.
Thank you all for your suggestions and support, keep`em coming!
We are going to continue to work hard and try to improve!

Thenebra

We got our 2checkout account approved today. I can confirm that you do not need the agreement document with the entire inventory of your store.
We had 7 items in the agreement and that worked fine.
So there...
smilies_smile.png

Thenebra

Do you guys have experience with shoutouts?

I tried 3 shoutouts and did not get good results. Spent about 30$ per ad, i even made

videos. The account were in the range of 150k-330k. Made a single sale.

Would love any comment to see what your experience has been with this kind of advertising.

Gonna switch to google next....

Ryan

I am doing a shoutouts exchange with other accounts in my niche with similar followers amount as me. Not a very large engagement but it's free. Could see greater engagement later when my account will be bigger.