There is a way to avoid storing locally the images?

Enov

Hello,

It seems when we import products from dropship (woocommerce), all images, even variations/description images, are stored locally.
As you know in woocommerce, each image is generated at least in 5 different sizes...

So, there is a way to keep the images from aliexpress CDN?

Hello,

It seems when we import products from dropship (woocommerce), all images, even variations/description images, are stored locally.
As you know in woocommerce, each image is generated at least in 5 different sizes...

So, there is a way to keep the images from aliexpress CDN?
Hello,

When you import products from DropshipMe or from the integrated AliDropship database (actually both plugins use the same database), all images are saved on your hosting. There is no technical solution now to obtain only image links.

Enov

@Mar, well this is what I do already, but seems not possible
@Olga B., Ok I see, I hope you can get a solution for that, maybe alidropship CDN or something

Mar

Hello,

When you import products from DropshipMe or from the integrated AliDropship database (actually both plugins use the same database), all images are saved on your hosting. There is no technical solution now to obtain only image links.
I doubt the truth of this statement. When I right click on an image and click Copy image address and paste it in a browser tab, it show the address in alicdn.com. It is very clear that the image is not in the server. Also what is this setting for?

1588250156521.png

1588250070188.png

Mar

@@Mar, well this is what I do already, but seems not possible
To confirm if the setting above work, right click on any image, click Copy image address, paste the address in a browser tab and you will see where the image is stored.

1588250968771.png

Enov

Mar, did you import this product using dropship me addon (by default integrated in woocommerce version), Import > Import products?

Mar

I am using this method to import products, I don't know if it make a difference.

1588260053934.png

Mar

Everything you said is true for Direct Import from AliExpress. The settings also work for Direct Import (with the help of AliDropship Google Chrome extension). But when you import products from the integrated database, the image's address will be like "yourstorename.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/11374-0b5aad2070fffba4b3a73a8211d6b2e5.jpg".
I import products with Direct Import from AliExpress with the help of the extension and I base my statements from it since it is the normal way. I don't know why I should I import products from the integrated database especially if the images are stored in the server as a result which I don't want.

I import products with Direct Import from AliExpress with the help of the extension and I base my statements from it since it is the normal way. I don't know why I should I import products from the integrated database especially if the images are stored in the server as a result which I don't want.
I just wanted to show the pecularities of image storage in these two ways of import. What you say is true for Direct Import, and what I say is true for the integrated database; these are two different ways, so we both are right) But as far as I can see, Enov initially asked about the database.
Besides, as it is DropshipMe thread, there may be users that have DropshipMe plugin only (without AliDropship). They have only one way of import - the integrated database, and they need to know that all images will be stored on their server by default.

Mar

I just wanted to show the pecularities of image storage in these two ways of import. What you say is true for Direct Import, and what I say is true for the integrated database; these are two different ways, so we both are right) But as far as I can see, Enov initially asked about the database.
Besides, as it is DropshipMe thread, there may be users that have DropshipMe plugin only (without AliDropship). They have only one way of import - the integrated database, and they need to know that all images will be stored on their server by default.
Ok, thanks for the explanation.