The first sales!

NickD

Hi guys!
I have been lurking this forum for a little while now, and I just want to say thanks to all of you for many great tips and tricks!

Its time to tell you a bit about my own journey.

I bought the plugin a while a go, and started with building up a little audience at Instagram and a bit at Facebook.(a 1000 followers on both atm) I thought that this was quite important because personally I would have some doubts about buying from a page with 0 followers.

Instagram: At first I only posted content that was relevant for my niche (no products almost) and actually got my very first sale with no paid ads at all. I got so exited when I got the sale, so after that I started doing paid ads on both Facebook and Instagram. Also a paid shoutout on a page with 100k followers. Don't know how good it worked, because he posted a new one right after...Also had several other paid ads on Facebook and Instagram at the same time, so its not easy to know exactly what worked best.

Anyway, it resulted in additional two sales at the grand total of 99USD and a conversion rate of 8,2%. Which I believe is quite good? And I am expecting it to drop a bit actually. Also, I think I have had more visitors on the page, but I had not installed analytics from the start, so I think it's actually lower.

So the plan now is to keep doing Instagram posts, both paid and organic. Try to get the mailchimp popup working. Make a target audience based on people who have added thing to the cart or bought something.

I wish you all a merry christmas! :D

Attachments

• first week.jpg
    first week.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 92

Eric S.

Welcome @NickD and congrats on your first sales! Nice job on building the followers. I have been able to build followers on IG, but much less so on FB. How did you gain the FB following?

NickD

Thanks Eric! Don't know how to tag :p

On facebook I first paid for a ad to get followers as you can do on facebook. And also, to be honest, I purchased about 400-600 fake ones on fiverr just for the page to look more professional. Its really not so smart, because all the fake ones are often from the same countries (mexico, india, pakistan), and then afterwards, facebook are much more likely to target similar people as you current followers. So it makes it more difficult to reach out to your prefered audience.

Anyway, I don't recommend if you already have gotten some real ones. It takes more time to do it the real way, but it will be worth it in the end.

As for instagram I am also using Archie.co for 29 USD a month. It likes post of your target audience, and is working very well!

Eric S.

Thanks Eric! Don't know how to tag :p

On facebook I first paid for a ad to get followers as you can do on facebook. And also, to be honest, I purchased about 400-600 fake ones on fiverr just for the page to look more professional. Its really not so smart, because all the fake ones are often from the same countries (mexico, india, pakistan), and then afterwards, facebook are much more likely to target similar people as you current followers. So it makes it more difficult to reach out to your prefered audience.

Anyway, I don't recommend if you already have gotten some real ones. It takes more time to do it the real way, but it will be worth it in the end.

As for instagram I am also using Archie.co for 29 USD a month. It likes post of your target audience, and is working very well!

I wondered about the paying for followers thing. Good point about them being in the wrong countries.

I've had good success with IG using giveaways as they are popular in my particular niche. That's been my focus, but need to give FB more attention.

NickD

I guess if you use Facebooks own follower soultion, I think you can target your prefered audience. And that way its smart i think :)

When you have had your giveaways, have you paid promotions on the posts? I have tried, but there has been really low participation. Any tips?
Maybe my followers are not so good... :p

Eric S.

Apologies as I was not specific enough on IG. I have influencers host the giveaway. They usually will do it for nothing as they get followers too, so the only cost is the product. The other big part of IG is the hashtags. Research which ones are most used in your niche and include them on the giveaway post hosted by an influencer.

Hope it helps!

Bobdin

Hello Eric,
I just would like to know how exactly do you use giveaways to gain followers?
How do you give them the product they win?
Do you give them just one product? Please give me more details about the giveaway strategy.

NickD

Sounds great! I will try it out in the next few days!

Bobdin, on my first giveaway i picked a winner, and told him to send me his adress and just ordered it on Aliexpress.

Edit; Two more sales today :D

Eric S.

Hello Eric,
I just would like to know how exactly do you use giveaways to gain followers?
How do you give them the product they win?
Do you give them just one product? Please give me more details about the giveaway strategy.

I approach influencers just like you would for a shout-out, but then ask if they would like to host a giveaway instead. If they agree, I offer to let them pick out a product that would appeal to their audience. In my case, no item is that expensive, but you may want to set a price limit. Once they pick one, I offer to send them images to make the post from. Some just take from the website. It seems best to let the giveaway run for about a week. When the influencer does the giveaway post, regram it tagging back to them with instructions to visit that post to enter.

At the end, they pick a winner and tell m how to get in touch with them, either DM or email. I get their address info and send the item from Ali. I also ask them to share on social media when they receive their prize.

That is what has worked for me so far.

NickD

Any recent success with the shoutouts Eric?

I personally purchased a package of 5 posts from a IG influencer, and after three pictures he is not replying anymore.. But I will give him a couple of days more.

Other than that I have hade quite good succsess with paid IG posts. Spent about 5 dollar each day on three different images (total of 15USD each day) and it has resulted in two sales in total of 105 usd with about 85 profit (sale - cost, not IG cost etc) and one abandoned cart of 15 ish dollar. Very happy about that overall. :D

So now, the plan is to keep on doing the paid IG posts, get the two last influencer posts posted, set up mailchimp pop up with autosend coupon code (anyone know how? Please tell me) and intigrate the Facebook pixel and make a audience based on shoppers.

Last question, how can I make a new audience based on shoppers from IG? Anyone know how?

Edit: Since I mostly use IG for ads, I have ordered some of my products to get new, cooler pictures of them.

Last edited:

Eric S.

Hi @NickD. I have not yet dove back in to the IG promotions. I have been focusing on learning Facebook ads and testing new niches. I'm continuing to post though and have had a few sales after the new year. I may hold off on more IG promo's until after the Chinese New Year is done to avoid delivery issues.

Congrats on your shoutout success and sales! I wish I could do shoutouts for that little, but I have given up on that for my niche. The giveaways work great for gaining followers and social proof, but limited on initial sales.

I don't know how to make an audience from IG shoppers. Facebook may lump those in but I have not seen anything to confirm that.

NickD

Yeah I imagine facebook takes a bit of time to learn. I have not yet tried it :p Waiting for the tips from you :D

Yeah, I am planning to stop ads during the new year holidays. It will be chaotic when everybody comes back and has ALOT of orders to send...