Thank You Page after completing order?

NDog

I have not sold any products yet as i am building my store but wondered if the theme has a specific thank you page when an order is completed?
I see a Thank You page but that seems to be for the contact forms?

How are you tracking conversions if there is no thank you page?
I want to add my Fb Pixel on that page to register a conversion?

Can anybody help a struggler out on this issue

Thx

Doug

I was setting it for google analytics today :)
The thank you page after purchase is: http://yourdomain/thankyou

On google analytics it was pretty easy to set as a "Goal".
Let me know if you had success setting this page as a conversion using facebook pixel, please, I want to do the same later.

Eric S.

One thing I have noticed on this: if PayPal is used and the user cancels out of it before making the payment, the user still sees the thank you page. So that could result in some false positives...and maybe upset users thinking they were charged prematurely.

otk

I was setting it for google analytics today :)
The thank you page after purchase is: http://yourdomain/thankyou

On google analytics it was pretty easy to set as a "Goal".
Let me know if you had success setting this page as a conversion using facebook pixel, please, I want to do the same later.
Just create a custom conversion:
Visited specific url: thankyou/?fail=no&message=20001

OR another way

Custom combination - Event: Purchase

Doug

One thing I have noticed on this: if PayPal is used and the user cancels out of it before making the payment, the user still sees the thank you page. So that could result in some false positives...and maybe upset users thinking they were charged prematurely.

Eric, you right!

otk, is the code "?fail=no&message=20001" preventing from false conversion?

Where did you get it?

NDog

Thx guys, to test the custom conversion event though it needs the pixel on the thank you page, and that page /thankyou is not a real page as far as i can see?

I want it so my facebook pixel etc is picking up on the add to carts and purchases etc.
I looked in the inspector in chrome and the add to cart pixel is firing and in adds manager i can see the fires but I cant seem to get the purchase one going as it seems its a dynamic page.

@otk maybe you can shine some light on this for me? I dont want to run any ads until I have this sorted.
Thx

Doug

NDog, if you are ready to run the fb ads maybe you should to email the plugin support to don't get stuck.

otk

Eric, you right!

otk, is the code "?fail=no&message=20001" preventing from false conversion?

Where did you get it?
Looked where visitor is after purchase, in google analytics. As NDog sayd, You can use it without the &message=20001 also, i dont know what other message options there are from PayPal.

otk

Thx guys, to test the custom conversion event though it needs the pixel on the thank you page, and that page /thankyou is not a real page as far as i can see?

I want it so my facebook pixel etc is picking up on the add to carts and purchases etc.
I looked in the inspector in chrome and the add to cart pixel is firing and in adds manager i can see the fires but I cant seem to get the purchase one going as it seems its a dynamic page.

@otk maybe you can shine some light on this for me? I dont want to run any ads until I have this sorted.
Thx
I didnt do anything other then set up the facebook pixel and facebook does count purchases and add to carts.

Milos

AliDropship -> Notifications -> I set up SENDGRID as mailing service in order to receive notification about orders (Thank you for Order, Order Shipped, Contact Us). On the other hand i setup http://mysite.com/thankyou page as the returned PAYPAL page handling successful / unsuccessful orders.

I am not clear how these 2 works..which tank you page will be returned ?

Thx.

Milos

AliDropship -> Notifications -> I set up SENDGRID as mailing service in order to receive notification about orders (Thank you for Order, Order Shipped, Contact Us). On the other hand i setup http://mysite.com/thankyou page as the returned PAYPAL page handling successful / unsuccessful orders.

I am not clear how these 2 works..which tank you page will be returned ?

Thx.

Well I think I got it: It is the DaVinci thank you page that handling all returns

BlakeBlakeBlake

Install FB pixel on your landing page. Then pay for a Facebook ad, FB will let you know all of your data. Plus if you're trying to run an eCommerce store you should be able to tell when you get a purchase. A lot of this stuff you just have to figure out on your own. That was my experience.

boo13

Has anyone figured out what the successful post sales thank you page is? Mine is reubens theme, alidropship plugin, no woo. Thanks!

daniel-97

Has anyone figured out what the successful post sales thank you page is? Mine is reubens theme, alidropship plugin, no woo. Thanks!
The thankyou page is in this track: Wordpress ➡ Customization ➡ Thank You
It will show the page when the customer purchased successfully or failed. You can easily track the Fail page but for the Success page, you'll have to borrow your friend's Card/Paypal account and buy a $0.5 on your store to get to that page

And about FB Pixel, it's kinda messy to integrate into the shop, I tried but gave up lol. So I bought their plugin, all you have to do is input your pixel code in and that's it. It's tracked
Alidropship Facebook Business plugin: https://alidropship.com/addons/facebook-business/

Last edited: