Switching to Alidropship from another dropship plugin

RobynM

Good evening everyone,

I am new here today and looking for some advice please.

I have recently purchased the Alidropship plugin and am looking forward to installing on my domain.
My problem is that I already have installed another dropshipping plugin already with my store to the point of importing products (200+ already). The plugin I have is proving to be very labour intensive and cumbersome. My site is also set up with a purchased theme that is woocommerce ready, which I like to keep if I can, which is the Kidz theme by Idea Park ... http://wp.ideapark.kz/kidz/

My question is ... am I able to de-activate my current dropshipping plugin, and install Alidropship without any disturbance to my current site?
Will it keep my current site setup, including theme, categories and products etc? Or will I have to start from scratch again? My current site has already taken 2 months to get to this point ... hence my frustration.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Robyn

Ola

You just have to try. I am sure your products will still be there if you install the alidropship plugin and the good thing is alidropship is so easy to set up.

Tablazines

I'm almost positive that you're not going to get that seamless transition that you're seeking. As most plugins of this sort are not created to be utilized or migrated from one to another. Heck, you can even uninstall the regular version of Alidropship and run then easily run with the Woo version.

You're most likely going to have to shut down your store and reimport and set things up from skratch.

If you don't want to shut down your current store just yet.. because you're making sales.... I'd suggest setting up the Alidropship store on a sub domain while keeping your main one open. Once you're ready to go... then make the sub domain the main store.

Jess

Everything you currently have (theme, product, categories etc) will remain of course as the plugin won't touch any of it but the plugin will not function with any of your current products.