Stripe Checkout Error/Bug

skyholder84

Dear Alidropship team

The plugin has a bug with the Stripe Payment Gateway.

When I try to make payment on the Cart Page, I am unable to complete my purchase when I enter a Singapore address. I have experimented with other countries, such as a USA address and a Malaysia address. Malyasia and USA addresses work, and I can complete my purchase, but when I enter a Singapore address, the page remains stuck when I click Submit. I suspect there is an error in your Cart form. Some of my customers has encountered and reported this issue as well.

Singapore is a unique country where the City, State and Country are all "Singapore". Your cart template has errors, and is not letting my customers complete their purchase despite entering valid addresses. And worst of all, when they enter their addresses, green ticks appear their field entries, so they don't know that its the address which is problematic!

Please fix this error ASAP. I am losing customers who get jammed at the "Submit" Button, and Stripe is really pissed with me for wrongly accusing them of giving me invalid API keys.

skyholder84

To further assist you in investigating and fixing this bug, please note that when I change my default country to Singapore (Settings => Shipping => Select shipping country shown by default), I can complete my purchase. When I change it back to United States, the Singapore bug returns and I cannot complete my purchase.

Your Cart form has some really complicated and hard-to-detect issues which need to be fixed!

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Dear Alidropship team

The plugin has a bug with the Stripe Payment Gateway.

When I try to make payment on the Cart Page, I am unable to complete my purchase when I enter a Singapore address. I have experimented with other countries, such as a USA address and a Malaysia address. Malyasia and USA addresses work, and I can complete my purchase, but when I enter a Singapore address, the page remains stuck when I click Submit. I suspect there is an error in your Cart form. Some of my customers has encountered and reported this issue as well.

Singapore is a unique country where the City, State and Country are all "Singapore". Your cart template has errors, and is not letting my customers complete their purchase despite entering valid addresses. And worst of all, when they enter their addresses, green ticks appear their field entries, so they don't know that its the address which is problematic!

Please fix this error ASAP. I am losing customers who get jammed at the "Submit" Button, and Stripe is really pissed with me for wrongly accusing them of giving me invalid API keys.
Hello, it doesn't matter for Stripe what country do you type in Checkout fields, it checks only data from a Stripe form itself . So, there are 2 options :
1. Your Stripe account is not verified.
2. Your Stripe account is blocked.
You can check your Stripe with test data: put these numbers in Credit card number field: 4242 4242 4242 4242.
I checked on my site with Singapore settings and all was good .

skyholder84

Dear Victoria

Perhaps you misunderstand. My Stripe account is Verified and Not Blocked. Stripe has confirmed that my account is live and fully functional.

To clarify the bug:

(1) when I set the default shipping country to Singapore, I CAN make payments no matter what address I use.
(2) when I set the default shipping country to USA (which is what I need to do because that is where my customers come from), I CAN make payments as long as I don't use a SINGAPORE address.

Can you please give this a try on my site: gothicminx.com. You will see that if you keep "United States" as shipping destination, you CAN complete a purchase. But if you change this to "Singapore" and enter a random Singapore address, you CAN'T complete a purchase. This definitely does not look like a Stripe Authorisation eror to me! Why would Stripe clear some shipping countries and not others? It looks like a cart checkout problem.

Please make a purchase on the site for testing purposes with the cheapest item, and please enter "Test purchase from developer" in the comments, and we will refund you immediately. You will see that we have purchased 20 licenses from you, and are happy to purchase even more as long as you help us fix this silly bug!

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Dear Victoria

Perhaps you misunderstand. My Stripe account is Verified and Not Blocked. Stripe has confirmed that my account is live and fully functional.

To clarify the bug:

(1) when I set the default shipping country to Singapore, I CAN make payments no matter what address I use.
(2) when I set the default shipping country to USA (which is what I need to do because that is where my customers come from), I CAN make payments as long as I don't use a SINGAPORE address.

Can you please give this a try on my site: gothicminx.com. You will see that if you keep "United States" as shipping destination, you CAN complete a purchase. But if you change this to "Singapore" and enter a random Singapore address, you CAN'T complete a purchase. This definitely does not look like a Stripe Authorisation eror to me! Why would Stripe clear some shipping countries and not others? It looks like a cart checkout problem.

Please make a purchase on the site for testing purposes with the cheapest item, and please enter "Test purchase from developer" in the comments, and we will refund you immediately. You will see that we have purchased 20 licenses from you, and are happy to purchase even more as long as you help us fix this silly bug!
Could you please send me your domain name and WP login credentials - I will check . I can't reproduce that bug from my side.