Shipping...

BananaBri

Does anyone know of a workaround to a shipping problem?
This is the problem I'm having:
Buying 10 items in different colours of the same product from the same store - I get charged shipping 10 times.
Buying 10 items of one colour of the same product from the same store - I get charged the shipping just the once.

Any advice on how I can work around this?
I've messaged the seller, but no response back. And even if they did offer to combine the shipping, how would that work with the plugin?

*The 10 items are all going to the same address

daniel-97

That's weird, I bought 3 variables of the same product for my customer and I got charged 1 shipping charge.
Just tried it again and still, it works normally
1593656146419.png

You have to exceed to Checkout and Confirm addresses to let Aliexpress calculate the fee right
1593656196536.png

Mar

Does anyone know of a workaround to a shipping problem?
This is the problem I'm having:
Buying 10 items in different colours of the same product from the same store - I get charged shipping 10 times.
Buying 10 items of one colour of the same product from the same store - I get charged the shipping just the once.

Any advice on how I can work around this?
I've messaged the seller, but no response back. And even if they did offer to combine the shipping, how would that work with the plugin?

*The 10 items are all going to the same address
Add more information:
Is it a woocommerce store?
How did you place the order, manual or automatic
Are you using the Shipping Products AliExpress add-on?

BananaBri

No, it's definitely still charging shipping on each item separately. I've tried it manually and via the the Alidropship woo plugin. Yet, if I order 10, even 20 of the same item in the same variable, I get charged the shipping rate for the one item.

I'm not using the shipping add-on.
I think it's on the AliExpress store side, they're not responding to messages, why would they? - They're making a tidy profit from this!

Mar

No, it's definitely still charging shipping on each item separately. I've tried it manually and via the the Alidropship woo plugin. Yet, if I order 10, even 20 of the same item in the same variable, I get charged the shipping rate for the one item.

I'm not using the shipping add-on.
I think it's on the AliExpress store side, they're not responding to messages, why would they? - They're making a tidy profit from this!
For the product variation that shipping costs are charged separately, are they added in one cart before you proceed with the order? I am not sure if these orders are actually placed, if it is you should have not proceeded with the order.

BananaBri

For the product variation that shipping costs are charged separately, are they added in one cart before you proceed with the order? I am not sure if these orders are actually placed, if it is you should have not proceeded with the order.
Yes all in one cart, all going to the same address. I'm still making a profit from the sale, and I had to place the order because... well, it needs sending. I get sent one tracking number for the whole order, and I then have to put the same number on each item on my side for it to change to "shipped"

Mar

Yes all in one cart, all going to the same address. I'm still making a profit from the sale, and I had to place the order because... well, it needs sending. I get sent one tracking number for the whole order, and I then have to put the same number on each item on my side for it to change to "shipped"
This is not normal. I have placed orders with a number of variations, automatically, if manual in one cart. the shipping cost is one for all. I cannot say if the problem is the plugin or AliExpress.

BananaBri

This is not normal. I have placed orders with a number of variations, automatically, if manual in one cart. the shipping cost is one for all. I cannot say if the problem is the plugin or AliExpress.
I don't think it's a plugin problem, because the results are the same even if I do it manually... I think I need to look for another supplier on AliExpress. The shipping is actually more than the product! I reckon they're just making the profit on the shipping costs...

Reactions: Mar