Shipping worldwide. Dont want to make customers mad. Shipping per country?

basslion

I currently have three shipping methods setup on my store:

1. Free Shipping (Standard Post) (15-50 days) - $0.00

2. ePacket Express (Super Saver) Free Shipping (10-20 days) - $0.00

3. Expedited Shipping (5-10 days) - $29.99

Now i can switch these on and off for each product which is cool, but lets say there is a product that offers ePacket to only a few selected countries (ie: Canada, USA, UK) and it is not available for other countries. If i keep these 3 options enabled for the product, what is to stop a person from another country other than Canada, USA or UK from choose the ePacket option and then expecting their order to be received in 10-20 days when in fact i would be forced to use Standard Post for their order and they would actually be waiting 15-50 days and may possibly complain, write a bad review, file a chargeback or open a PayPal dispute.

AliExpress has different shipping options per product based on customers location. Why does Alidropship not utilize this feature?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I currently have three shipping methods setup on my store:

1. Free Shipping (Standard Post) (15-50 days) - $0.00

2. ePacket Express (Super Saver) Free Shipping (10-20 days) - $0.00

3. Expedited Shipping (5-10 days) - $29.99

Now i can switch these on and off for each product which is cool, but lets say there is a product that offers ePacket to only a few selected countries (ie: Canada, USA, UK) and it is not available for other countries. If i keep these 3 options enabled for the product, what is to stop a person from another country other than Canada, USA or UK from choose the ePacket option and then expecting their order to be received in 10-20 days when in fact i would be forced to use Standard Post for their order and they would actually be waiting 15-50 days and may possibly complain, write a bad review, file a chargeback or open a PayPal dispute.

AliExpress has different shipping options per product based on customers location. Why does Alidropship not utilize this feature?
We recommend to import products with free shipping or ePacket only.

basslion

Yes so lets say i import products with ePacket only. Some Aliexpress stores only ship via ePacket to some countries and not all 38 ePacket compatible countries.

If i import a product that only ePacket's to say 3-4 countries, then if someone from another country clicks ePacket for this product and the ePacket service is available for that country but the Aliexpress supplier doesnt have a rate for ePacket to that country, then i am forced to ship it standard shipping which will take much longer and result in issues possibly down the road with this customer.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Yes so lets say i import products with ePacket only. Some Aliexpress stores only ship via ePacket to some countries and not all 38 ePacket compatible countries.

If i import a product that only ePacket's to say 3-4 countries, then if someone from another country clicks ePacket for this product and the ePacket service is available for that country but the Aliexpress supplier doesnt have a rate for ePacket to that country, then i am forced to ship it standard shipping which will take much longer and result in issues possibly down the road with this customer.
We recommend to set average time delivery, so this timeline could be appropriate as for ePacket and for Free shipping.

basslion

So i should then put ePacket shipping option and put 10 - 50 business days shipping? This just hurts sales. Im surprised Alidropship does not do product shipping per country. Aliexpress does this already. You guys did everything Aliexpress did except for this most important feature to give customers a good accurate idea when their parcel will arrive. the 10-50 day possible wait time i am afraid will deter many from ordering. Am i wrong in thinking this?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
So i should then put ePacket shipping option and put 10 - 50 business days shipping? This just hurts sales. Im surprised Alidropship does not do product shipping per country. Aliexpress does this already. You guys did everything Aliexpress did except for this most important feature to give customers a good accurate idea when their parcel will arrive. the 10-50 day possible wait time i am afraid will deter many from ordering. Am i wrong in thinking this?
We have a lot of people earning great money on that scheme. Just find the best solution for you and implement it in your store.

basslion

Define great money? I am going to give it a shot, but as a customer myself, i would be scared away by a 10 - 50 day wait just to save a few dollars. I now have to put 10 - 50 day wait for delivery or else i would be lying to some people. I have to do this to cover myself. If it was on a per product basis like AliExpress is now, i could then go to product page and click shipping tab and there would be a list of all the countries i selected to ship to in the settings. Beside each country i could then choose the shipping method offered by the AliExpress Seller and all would be good. Customer gets a more accurate timeframe which would i think increase sales. I know this is a good idea because all of the leading E-Commerce platforms offer this feature.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Define great money? I am going to give it a shot, but as a customer myself, i would be scared away by a 10 - 50 day wait just to save a few dollars. I now have to put 10 - 50 day wait for delivery or else i would be lying to some people. I have to do this to cover myself. If it was on a per product basis like AliExpress is now, i could then go to product page and click shipping tab and there would be a list of all the countries i selected to ship to in the settings. Beside each country i could then choose the shipping method offered by the AliExpress Seller and all would be good. Customer gets a more accurate timeframe which would i think increase sales. I know this is a good idea because all of the leading E-Commerce platforms offer this feature.
You can add your own list of countries with the delivery time. Anyway you have in mind the list of targeted countries and delivery time for them couldn't be always 50 days. You can add a note near your delivery time like 10-30 business days (could be less or more, depends on country).
It's all up to you, how you represent it.

KhairulA

If you want more flexibility, you can use Alidropship Woo, which works with Woocommerce. You can then configure the shipping options found in WooCommerce (which is more extensive) to your liking.

basslion

If you want more flexibility, you can use Alidropship Woo, which works with Woocommerce. You can then configure the shipping options found in WooCommerce (which is more extensive) to your liking.

Hey okay that is good to know. Do you know the main differences between alidropship and alidropship woo? Advantages and disadvantages.

KhairulA

Alidropship is for those who want a quick start and get straight to the selling. Kind of a 1-click deployment.

Alidropship Woo is for those who want greater control by leveraging WooCommerce's flexibility. Alidropship's role here is just the product importing/sync and order auto-fulfilment. Everything else is handled by WooCommerce.

basslion

Thanks for that, really appreciate it. If I went with Woo version, would I be missing out on anything that the Alidropship version has to offer?

KhairulA

Thanks for that, really appreciate it. If I went with Woo version, would I be missing out on anything that the Alidropship version has to offer?

This I'm not too sure - it depends whether they want to keep the two plugins in sync.

basslion

I read somewhere that the Woocommerce version is missing something that the Alidropship offers. Just can't find where I read it.

DvSJ

If you decide to switch from one version to another there is no migration. You will need to start from a scratch.

Hi Victoria how are you?

I just wanted to ask: I am using alidropship plug in but I want to switch to woocommerce version.

My products will be deleted of he import list if I switch to woocommerce version?

Thank you
regards