Shipping rates

maxyy89

Hi all! I need a little bit of help. I want in my store to offer both free and flat rate 5$ shipping. How can I manage that?
For example, free shipping will be available for all countries
Flat rate shipping I want to be available only for USA, UK, France.
How can I manage that?
Thanks!

Direct Webstore

You can do that with a basic Woo Commerce setup with no added plugins. Set shipping based on areas.
With the original Alidropship plugin ... you can't.

maxyy89

You can do that with a basic Woo Commerce setup with no added plugins. Set shipping based on areas.
With the original Alidropship plugin ... you can't.
Yea. Thanks. This is a big deal breaker for me. Sad because I really like alidropship plugin but I think that will need to move on Shopify.

Direct Webstore

In my humble opinion, an Alidropship / Woo install is much superior to overly priced and restrictive Shopify. The first time I made a Woo site, the learning curve only took a few days. I'd rather spend a few days learning how to set up Woo, than shelling out heaps of money to greedy and restrictive Shopify every month ... forever. :)

maxyy89

Yea I agree in some things, but when you have a lot plugins installed like in woo version every plugin update can mess up your site. I have 2 months free trial for Shopify so this is a plus.

Direct Webstore

I have 2 months free trial

Up to you ... but I'd be looking at the long term plan so I wouldn't have to repeat all my hard work. And the plugin updating really isn't an issue ... at least so far with me. You can always roll back to the earlier version of a plugin if, in the unlikely event it has a problem.

But you seem sold on Shopify ... so good luck! :)