Shipping Methods

Jin Jie

On some of my imported products, I forgot to choose the ePacket shipping method before importing the product and left it at the default free shipping method (AliExpress Standard Shipping) How can I change the already imported products to ePacket which in some cases is not free? Do I have to re-import all the products again or can it be modified during submitting the order to the supplier?
I have not had any customers yet as the site is still under construction, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• shipping methods.JPG
    shipping methods.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 19

Direct Webstore

or can it be modified during submitting the order to the supplier?
Yes. You have to place the order manually.

I've had to do that myself because even though the shipping is free to most countries, on rare occasions I'd get an order from a country where it is not free. But if it's only $1.50 or something, I don't worry about it. That's only a drop in the ocean out of the stores overall profit. On the other hand ... if it happened all the time ... then I'd worry about it. ;)

Jin Jie

@ Direct Webstore. Thank you very much for your reply. I have not had any orders yet and assumed that with the AliDropship woo plugin orders were placed automatically. So what you are saying is that I can turn off automatic orders and there is also a way to alter the shipping method before the order is placed? So no need to re-import my products?

Direct Webstore

I forgot to choose the ePacket shipping method before importing the product and left it at the default free shipping method (AliExpress Standard Shipping)
Also ... there is nothing wrong with the Aliexpress Standard shipping, except that it may take a few days longer. But I only use it when ePacket is unavailable.

Jin Jie

@ Direct Webstore. Thanks again, it's very nice of you to help someone new to AliDropshipping. Much appreciated!

ThBrd

For my country (Netherlands) I only use "Aliexpress standard shipping" This is the best and fastest method. Sometimes the order is with the customer in 5 days, most of the time it is 7 to 10 days.

is also a way to alter the shipping method before the order is placed?

I have Aliexpress standard shipping selected automatically. But sometimes if I have an order for other countries is use "Place Order Manually"

ThBrd

@ ThBrd, thanks for your suggestion! I am still in the learning stage.
No problem, Maybe for your countries E-packet is better. Just follow some orders with the tracking and find the best shipping method for your shop.

Also I have a very good connection with my Aliexpress dropshipper. He well ship the next day, but I send the tracking e-mail 2/3 days later. On my site I have stated that the processing time is 1-3 days and the shipping time +/- 10 days. This way when the customer gets the e-mail with the tracking link the package is already shipped for 2 days. With this method I don't get complains for the shipping time because the package is always delivered within 10 days ;) #dropshiptrick

Direct Webstore

No problem, Maybe for your countries E-packet is better.
So you just target the Netherlands and no where else? Don't you care about the 300 million Americans who will buy anything and also the rest of the World's 3 Billion people who have internet access? That's a lot of potential customers to ignore.

ThBrd

So you just target the Netherlands and no where else? Don't you care about the 300 million Americans who will buy anything and also the rest of the World's 3 Billion people who have internet access? That's a lot of potential customers to ignore.

I do care but my store targets a very special niche. I want to start close to home and get more experience in this type of business, MC Donalds also started small and only in one country ;)