Shipping cost and price calculation

Max___

Hi:

I just bought this plugin and I think that I have an issue with how the price is calculated.

I am setting up mi site an have imported several items, have configured the price adding a fixed quantity to the lower range of prices (there are some items in the 1-5 $ range) but I had a surprise with the shiping cost when processing a trial order as the shipping cost is not added when importing but when the order is placed in the seller.

I have also noticed that epacket is selected by default and cannot be changed even if free shipping is available.

Is there a way to select and add the shipping cost when importing the item? Sometimes the shipping is more expensive than the item itself and would lose money in every sell.

Christina

Administrator
Hi:

I just bought this plugin and I think that I have an issue with how the price is calculated.

I am setting up mi site an have imported several items, have configured the price adding a fixed quantity to the lower range of prices (there are some items in the 1-5 $ range) but I had a surprise with the shiping cost when processing a trial order as the shipping cost is not added when importing but when the order is placed in the seller.

I have also noticed that epacket is selected by default and cannot be changed even if free shipping is available.

Is there a way to select and add the shipping cost when importing the item? Sometimes the shipping is more expensive than the item itself and would lose money in every sell.

Hello, Max!

Indeed, the cost of the imported products doesn't include the shipping cost.
There are the shipping settings in the WooCommerce section where you can set shipping methods according to your customers shipping zones.
Read more here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/setting-up-shipping-zones/.

Max___

Thanks for your replies, it seems i did not use the addecuate search terms.

Anyway, despite of changing the pricing policy or setting up shipping zones I'm still experiencing the problem when processing the order: Alidropship will select epacket even when a free shipping method is available and at this point I cannot change it manually as it seems unresponsive and if I select another option, epacket remains selected.

alidropship.JPG

Is this the expected behaviour or am I doing something worng?

Christina

Administrator
Thanks for your replies, it seems i did not use the addecuate search terms.

Anyway, despite of changing the pricing policy or setting up shipping zones I'm still experiencing the problem when processing the order: Alidropship will select epacket even when a free shipping method is available and at this point I cannot change it manually as it seems unresponsive and if I select another option, epacket remains selected.

View attachment 6509

Is this the expected behaviour or am I doing something worng?

Actually you can change the shipping method manually. I can do it in my end. Look at the screenshot below, please.

Please Confirm Your Order - AliExpress 2018-10-24 15-08-53.png

It seems that there is something wrong with AliExpress website.

Max___

Actually you can change the shipping method manually. I can do it in my end. Look at the screenshot below, please.

It seems that there is something wrong with AliExpress website.

Yes, I can select it too, But it doesnt change the selection. I mean, when you go back to your order it will remain with epacket.

With wrong you mean this same behaviour or some different issue?

Christina

Administrator
Yes, I can select it too, But it doesnt change the selection. I mean, when you go back to your order it will remain with epacket.

With wrong you mean this same behaviour or some different issue?

I mean the work of the site.
Please let me know, do you see the red OK button? You should press it after you choose the shipping method.

Max___

Yes I used the OK button but it seemed to refresh the page and epacket remained selected, I tried in other browser and now it works in both o_O.

Feel kinda stupid now.

I think I can live with this procedure, but is there any way to select free shipping by default?

Aremo

Is shipping cost (ePacket as default) added to recommended price given by alidropship to sell a product?

Aremo

No is not, you set up your shipping cost or you use free shipping.
I choose free shipping in woocommerce. If I import a product and someone buys that product, does alidropship automatically use epacket as the default? and also do I need to pay shipping fees to my supplier again?

chris37

If I import a product and someone buys that product, does alidropship automatically use epacket as the default?
Is pre-set up in your alidropship chrome extension.(You put there your preferend shipping method)

and also do I need to pay shipping fees to my supplier again?
If you have set-up free shipping and you dont use the alishipping add-on You gonna pay the shipping to your supplier.

(make sure the price you selling is cover and your shipping cost)

This is the way free shipping work.

yoha03

I choose free shipping in woocommerce. If I import a product and someone buys that product, does alidropship automatically use epacket as the default? and also do I need to pay shipping fees to my supplier again?

Currently there is no epacket anymore in aliexpress