Shipping calculated double after plugin update

promo37

Hi I just updated the plugin (0.9.15.1) and it is now adding the shipping cost per item
eg the customer ordered 2 items at 10$ plus shipping 2.50$
At the checkout it is 20$ plus 5$ shipping
Instaed of 20$ plus 2.50$ shipping

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi I just updated the plugin (0.9.15.1) and it is now adding the shipping cost per item
eg the customer ordered 2 items at 10$ plus shipping 2.50$
At the checkout it is 20$ plus 5$ shipping
Instaed of 20$ plus 2.50$ shipping
Hello, this is how it 's always worked. This is not connected with update.

promo37

It should not work that way as it makes me loose sales.It should only charge ONCE the shipping fee per order or slightly more per item not whole shipping fee.
Example.
I f I sell earrings and charge 3$ shipping then the customer orders 3 of the same earrings it would cost 9$ for shipping this is not normal and not done in any big ecommerce site.Few customers would accept this for small Items.
Shopify does not charge twice the shipping except we configure to do so.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
It should not work that way as it makes me loose sales.It should only charge ONCE the shipping fee per order or slightly more per item not whole shipping fee.
Example.
I f I sell earrings and charge 3$ shipping then the customer orders 3 of the same earrings it would cost 9$ for shipping this is not normal and not done in any big ecommerce site.Few customers would accept this for small Items.
Shopify does not charge twice the shipping except we configure to do so.
If you sell heavy items AliExpress will charge you for each item.
If your products will be from different suppliers they will charge you for each. You can tell your customers that products are in different stores if they ask why shipping is counted twice.

promo37

They ordered 2 times the same pair of earrings. for $ 4.95$ plus shipping $ 5.70.
In this case I also would abandon the cart.
Or you suggest to tell them each pair of earrings will come from an different location ?
I agree with you on heavy Items but I do not have heavy Items in my store.
If you look at medium eCommerce stores they do not charge you 5 times the shipping cost for five different Items.
They may charge you on the weight or per Item with discounts eg. 1 item $ 2.85 2 Items $ 3.85 5 Items $ 7.85 and so on which is logical to anybody.
In shopify you can setup a shipping rule by weight
eg. 100g = $ 2.85 200g = 3.85 500g = 7.85

Christina

Administrator
Any update on this?

Hello, promo37.

Upload the latest version of AliDropship plugin 1.2.6. We added the option when shipping costs can be applied not only to each product, but also to the entire cart so that your clients don’t get confused by varying shipping methods if they add more than one item. Read more in this thread.