Setting a date/hour when Alidropship updates the products automatically.

kukiman

It would be really nice if there was a possibility to update the products automatically at a certain set hour. It is a mess when alidropship starts updating products during the sunday peek hours, so setting it for ~3-4 am would be harmless.

Also - is there any way to update products when chrome is inactive? And also - does the chrome need to be opened on thecertain WP page, or just simply opened on any site so the plugin is active, how does it actually work?

Thank you :)

1576927416835.png

Direct Webstore

so setting it for ~3-4 am would be harmless.

It's not 3-4 am everywhere. There are heaps of different time zones even in just one country like the U.S.

But I agree it would be a nice feature to have. Plenty of other plugins have the option to run things at certain times. e.g Backup plugins, database cleaners etc.

And here in Australia in the Southern Hemisphere, it may be more like 3-4 p.m. But that's OK, I'm used to the Northern Hemisphere completely ignoring the existence of the Southern Hemisphere. Especially American sites sending me their "Summer Sales" promotions to me here in Australia where it is Winter. lol

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Also - is there any way to update products when chrome is inactive?
Seeing as you need the Alidropship Chrome Extension to update ... no. Unless they developed a PHP version of it that you upload to your site and could be run via a cron job. But I can't imagine any serious online business people not going online via the browser at least once a day which would make something like that redundant ... so I won't hold my breath waiting for anything like that.

does the chrome need to be opened on thecertain WP page, or just simply opened on any site so the plugin is active,
Any site.

how does it actually work?
Don't know exactly. Maybe it acts as a bridge between your store and the Aliexpress API which in turn pulls in the product stats/prices from the seller's store then sends that info back through the extension to your store? Just guessing. Maybe it's just magic. lol

:)

Last edited:

kukiman

It's not 3-4 am everywhere. There are heaps of different time zones even in just one country like the U.S.
Well, I thought is is obvious that everyone should be able to set it according to their time zones.

Seeing as you need the Alidropship Chrome Extension to update ... no. Unless they developed a PHP version of it that you upload to your site and could be run via a cron job. But I can't imagine any serious online business people not going online via the browser at least once a day which would make something like that redundant ... so I won't hold my breath waiting for anything like that.

Any site.

Thank you :)

Direct Webstore

Well, I thought is is obvious that everyone should be able to set it according to their time zones.
Yes, it was obvious that you said that people should be able to set it to their own timezone for whatever reason/problem they have ... but setting it to their own timezone would not be of much help for the problem you stated below ...
It is a mess when alidropship starts updating products during the sunday peek hours
...because not all of your customers are in your time zone.

And that is the basis of my comments above because many people live in their own little local bubble and are totally ignorant of the existence of the rest of the world, it's different time zones, day/night occurring in different countries at different times and seasons being opposite in the Earths two hemispheres. However, that mainly applies to Americans. They seem to think if it's Summer in America, it's Summer everywhere. lol Hence my joking about it above. ;)

However, it could be of help if any of the following was the case ...

1. You only sell to customers in your time zone and/or neighbouring time zones only. (Who would do that?)
2. You sell worldwide but the bulk of your customers were in your time zone.
3. You set it to the timezone where the bulk of your customers are rather than your own time zone.

I do number #3 already with the timezone setting in Wordpress. I live in Australia and most of my customers are in the U.S West coast so I have it set to the West Coast/ Pacific time zone UTC−07:00 rather than my own time zone.

But yeah, for any of those 3 scenarios above, having a time setting for the update could be helpful, but not necessarily helpful if it's set to your own timezone. (Unless the bulk of your customers were in your zone)

But like I said, I do agree that being able to set the updating to whatever time you like for whatever reason would be nice to have.

One other example reason could be that you don't want the update to run at the same time other plugins are running jobs or Cron jobs that are running in order to reduce the load on your servers CPU.

So basically ... good idea. When do we get it?

:)

Last edited:

kukiman

Hello,

It has been a while. This feature is quite an important one :)

We are running multiple stores, a few hundred products on each one of them - when we turn on chrome browser, the chrome addon starts updating the products, it creates a lot of connections with aliexpress, and when we try to place orders it says we have exceeded the number of connections (or a similiar message, I can't remember the exact one right now). It asks as to verify every time we try to place an order. If we could set some certain time frames that it would update, it would be amazing :)

@Yaros @Victoria Kudryashova

Direct Webstore

If we could set some certain time frames that it would update, it would be amazing
It's quite possible the timer set function may not be added. Or not added for a long time. Or not added at all.

In the meantime, if I was you, I'd switch off automatic updates and update each store manually at different times. At least you will be able to place orders hassle free.

We are running multiple stores, a few hundred products on each one of them - when we turn on chrome browser
"We"? Are you all just using one computer? Each of you using your own laptop/computer with only a couple of stores linked to the Chrome extension each could be another solution ... if the one you're asking for here is never delivered.

Last edited: