Serious issues with activating the plugin

supermex

Hi, I have a serious issue with the Alidropship WooCommerce plugin. I installed it on a new site for testing. But as soon as I activate the plugin, every page of my site takes forever to load, also on the WP admin panel (Up to 20 minutes!)
Additionally, when looking at the browser console there are many errors displayed like „Failed to load resources, syntax errors etc.) And in the WP admin panel nothing gets displayed when clicking on the Alidropship settings). As soon as I deactivate the plugin my site runs fine again. Please help me out here as I plan to use this plugin for multiple sites. If I don't get it working I'd have to look for alternatives.

I'm using:

- 1&1 hosting (IonCube loader is enabled)
- PHP 7.2

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-21 um 16.58.32.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-10-21 um 16.58.15.png

Mar

Hi, I have a serious issue with the Alidropship WooCommerce plugin. I installed it on a new site for testing. But as soon as I activate the plugin, every page of my site takes forever to load, also on the WP admin panel (Up to 20 minutes!)
Additionally, when looking at the browser console there are many errors displayed like „Failed to load resources, syntax errors etc.) And in the WP admin panel nothing gets displayed when clicking on the Alidropship settings). As soon as I deactivate the plugin my site runs fine again. Please help me out here as I plan to use this plugin for multiple sites. If I don't get it working I'd have to look for alternatives.

I'm using:

- 1&1 hosting (IonCube loader is enabled)
- PHP 7.2

View attachment 6461View attachment 6462
What version of the plugin did you install? Because if you installed the latest Alidropship woo plugin, the license window would look like this:

1540253859446.png

Direct Webstore

I'm using: - 1&1 hosting
- PHP 7.2

That's your problem.

This is the third thread I've seen involving them and ioncube problems. Write to their support. And if they are no help ... switch your PHP to 7.1 from the CPanel and install the 7.1 Alidropship plugin.

Actually, try switching the PHP first, to avoid headaches with their terrible support. :)

EDIT: Cancel this ... just noticed the screenshot.

Last edited:

supermex

That's your problem.

This is the third thread I've seen involving them and ioncube problems. Write to their support. And if they are no help ... switch your PHP to 7.1 from the CPanel and install the 7.1 Alidropship plugin.

Actually, try switching the PHP first, to avoid headaches with their terrible support. :)
It can't be an Ion Cube problem, I installed it manually following the steps on the 1&1 support site. What should I write to their support? I mean, they surely won't help with third party plugin issues.

Direct Webstore

Edit ... cancel what I said about ioncube.

they surely won't help with third party plugin issues.
My host does. They're not in the plugin business. They're in the business of providing a platform to run websites with plugins. Of course they should help.

:)

Last edited:

Mar

The latest one that's supposed to work with PHP 7.2. Actually all of the AliDropship pages in the WP admin panel don't show anything.
What is this latest one? Also, do you mean the screenshot you attached is not what you have now? If Alidropship pages in WP admin don't show anything, the screenshot you attach should be of that screen to avoid confusion.

Direct Webstore

the screenshot you attached

Sorry supermex ... I did not see that screenshot before. It took a while to load and I missed it. A 504 Gateway Timeout is definitely something you should contact 1 and 1 about. The problem is with them. Send that screenshot to their support.

Mar

It can't be an Ion Cube problem, I installed it manually following the steps on the 1&1 support site. What should I write to their support? I mean, they surely won't help with third party plugin issues.
Of course your host will not do anything with the codes or script of the plugin, but definitely they can help e.g. activating ionCube Loader that is still related to the plugin. You said you installed it manually following the steps on the 1&1 support site. Why don't you let them activate for you? It is their responsibility.

Direct Webstore

they can help e.g. activating ionCube Loader
I don't think it is an ioncube problem now. "Could" be ... but I don't think so. Not with 504 errors. If it was 500 errors, yes.

@supermex ...
Have you tried uninstalling the plugin, deleting it and downloading a fresh copy? If not ... try it. Sometimes the zip files get corrupted.
If that doesn't work, it's definitely a problem on 1 and 1's end. 504 means the plugin is not communicating with the server.

Last edited:

Mar

I don't think it is an ioncube problem now. "Could" be ... but I don't think so. Not with 504 errors. If it was 500 errors, yes.
Yes, it may not be the ionCube Loader. But a hosting service should not be that limited. A good hosting service should be flexible and will go out of their way to help their client.

Direct Webstore

504 means the plugin is not communicating with the server.
I just had a thought ... if your other plugins are OK ... it may be the Alidropship server it's not communicating with (it checks it's licence with them) ... you should write to them too ... support@alidropship.com

But bottom line ... 1 and 1 seems to be a regular pain in the arse for many people. One guy had to put php.ini files in every folder on his site ... how crazy is that?

supermex

One guy had to put php.ini files in every folder on his site ... how crazy is that?

I had to do that too! That's what they write in their support article. https://hosting.1und1.de/hilfe/hosting/php-fuer-web-projekt-verwenden/ioncube-loader-installieren/ Thankfully I found a Shell Command that added the line for the IonCube loader to every single php.ini file.

However I have to stick with them as I'm already running more than 10 sites on their hosting.