Sellvia - Successes & Challenges

Hello everyone,

The purpose of this thread is for each of us to share how our stores have been performing with the Sellvia plugin.

You don't have to share specific product names, product pricing, store names or store URLs (because I know we're all concerned about poaching & undercutting by competitors). In particular, this would be an opportunity for everyone to get an high-level view of each other's sales since the plugin launched and the categories that have been most popular, as a form of motivation to keep grinding with it. Also, we can perhaps share the strategies we've used to boost sales.

Just as well, if things aren't going as you expected when you signed up for Sellvia, this would also be the place to discuss it.

I just launched my store this week, so I don't have any data to share yet. I started a Google ad campaign yesterday and already have 10 impressions in the past 24 hours (but no clicks yet). We'll see how it goes and I'll share more information if/when I start seeing more activity.

Reactions: kdb

kdb

Hello everyone,

The purpose of this thread is for each of us to share how our stores have been performing with the Sellvia plugin.

You don't have to share specific product names, product pricing, store names or store URLs (because I know we're all concerned about poaching & undercutting by competitors). In particular, this would be an opportunity for everyone to get an high-level view of each other's sales since the plugin launched and the categories that have been most popular, as a form of motivation to keep grinding with it. Also, we can perhaps share the strategies we've used to boost sales.

Just as well, if things aren't going as you expected when you signed up for Sellvia, this would also be the place to discuss it.

I just launched my store this week, so I don't have any data to share yet. I started a Google ad campaign yesterday and already have 10 impressions in the past 24 hours (but no clicks yet). We'll see how it goes and I'll share more information if/when I start seeing more activity.
Please keep update us to see the outcome of the campaign.

I hope you will get a good luck and success.

Regards
kdb

spent $180 on Google Ads, 0 conversion.

Google Ads has gotten ridiculously competitive. The keywords for a lot of Sellvia products are costing like $5-$10/click or more to appear in the top 3 or 4. So you could be doing everything else right and are just not spending enough money.

I got a few sales from it, but I've since given up on it and have explored different methods for advertising.

syed A Bilgrami

Hi there,

I recently purchased a new store with Sellvia, the problem I am facing is to run both Sellvia and Alidropship Plugin together.
I am facing following problem:
1 - Sellvia doesn't have price markup formula (this is a must have).
2 - When ever I update with sellvia it automatically updates all the prices (work around is to just update stock) but the problem is that it also update products imported thru Alidropship.
3 - When I try to import products thru alidropship and update the price thru markup formula all the prices of sellvia products gone.
4 - The pricing for Sellvia products are all right but the shipping cost eats up all the margin (you need to spend roughly 15$ on advertisement to sell one product).

Any idea when Sellvia will be fixing these issues? ( or at least find a way to co-exist with Alidropship :)).

Sellvia is a great product but it has some serious limitations, which is stopping me to utilize it to its full potential.

Vicky Tomkiv

Staff member
Hello,
We've been informed before about some minor issues in running both plugins together and are currently working on optimizing their performance. Regarding the points that you made:
1) I totally agree with that. Right now changing prices is a little bit of a manual hassle, but we are working to have it closer to what Alidropship has - setting up the formulas and forgetting about them.
2) Sure, that's the only option to keep prices from updating right now, but I find it weird that Alidropship prices are updated too when Sellvia updates products.
3) We'll pass this on to the devs and will investigate this issue. Thank you for reporting it.
4) It's one of our priorities to reduce the shipping costs. We've introduced a flexible shipping cost calculation formula in the past and are working on a better solution now to make the costs more attractive to our customers.

Thank you for pointing out these issues to us. We've known about some of them before, but personally for me #3 was a new one.

Last edited: