Rubens Theme - Appearance with Promo Banner addon - Payment Methods Positions (ANSWERED)

daniel-97

Hello, I'm using Rubens theme - Original Alidropship plugin. I have 2 problems, hope anyone can help :)

1. Promo Banner addon appearance
For mobile version, there's a gap in the product page, is there any way to make it fit?
1601712741173.png
Answered: The Rubens theme was not compatible with the addon. They fixed it in the new update

2. Payment Methods auto pop out
When I enter the checkout page, the theme auto choosing Paypal to pop out. Is there a code I can enter to make the Credit card option pop out instead on Paypal? (Their fees are a bit cheaper so I prefer them first lol)
1601712643202.png
Answered: What payment you activated first will appear first. So in this case, deactivate Paypal and turn it on again

Thanks ;)

Last edited:

chris37

Hello, I'm using Rubens theme - Original Alidropship plugin. I have 2 problems, hope anyone can help :)

For mobile version, there's a gap in the product page, is there any way to make it fit?
View attachment 13063

When I enter the checkout page, the theme auto choosing Paypal to pop out. Is there a code I can enter to make the Credit card option pop out instead on Paypal? (Their fees are a bit cheaper so I prefer them first lol)
View attachment 13062
Thanks ;)
Daniel in the woocommerce setting we just change the position of the paytments gateways easy ,
I don't know for the origina plugin,
check In your setting if you can put it above the paypal in your place of Paytment gateway.

chris37

Nope, I thought so too. But there's no section in all my Checkout/Payment settings for that, sadly
I don't know exactly in the origina plugin settings and where can be in the files.
If you can locate the file of your checkout page then you can change the order for the stripe and paypal.
You use bluehost,so In your c panel go advanced--》 file manager---》 Puplic html --》 wp contect--》 (from now on i dont know in the original plugin setting if the checkout page is create by the origina plugin or from your theme)

So you have 2 choose to make
1) --》theme (then locate you checkout file )
If not there
2)wp plugin -》Original plugin (check if is the checkout page there(then change the order from your paytments gateways)
I wish I was clear enough :)
Don't forget make a backup first.
Also when you locate the file ,copy it in your child theme because any change you make in your parent theme is going to be overright from any new update.

daniel-97

So you have 2 choose to make
1) --》theme (then locate you checkout file )
If not there
2)wp plugin -》Original plugin (check if is the checkout page there(then change the order from your paytments gateways)
Either one I will have to do it everytime they made an update to the theme/plugin. Because update version will overide the old versions.

I'm looking for a code or anything that I can put into my head though.

Thanks for the idea ;)

chris37

Either one I will have to do it everytime they made an update to the theme/plugin. Because update version will overide the old versions.
For this reason you create a child theme for you dont need to do it everytime ,the child theme can not be overide from the parent theme.

chris37

I think I found the file in the theme, not touching it lol
Copy the file in your child theme if something go wrong you just delete from there...
Alidropship team is not provide support on this.... I try it ;)
They gonna say to contact to support and a project manager is gonna help you ...

if they help on this, inform me us well , I need some help in my child theme us well :)

daniel-97

Copy the file in your child theme if something go wrong you just delete from there...
Alidropship team is not provide support on this.... I try it ;)
They gonna say to contact to support and a project manager is gonna help you ...

if they help on this, inform me us well , I need some help in my child theme us well :)
That’s sad... I don’t really want to use child theme but if this is the case, I’ll look into it.

I think if Woo theme has the function to switch up and down, original theme should have that too, if possible!

chris37

View attachment 13063

View attachment 13062
Thanks ;)
that is the css for reduce the space on banner play with the setting for you put it how you like.

Code:
@media (max-width: 767px)
.postheader {
    height: 1px;
    width: 100%;
}

if is not working try this

Code:
.postheader {
    height: 1px!important;
}

chris37

View attachment 13063

View attachment 13062
Thanks ;)
about the payment gateway you can only reorder your payment items from the php file from you c panel (i am not even sure if i say it the correct way :) ) (see screenshot , i was not able to do it with css) you have to locate the payment method and modified there..

L2YWHk.jpg

i am not able to help your more then that because i dont have this theme install on my c panel .

Remember backup first and create a child theme before everything else .

daniel-97

that is the css for reduce the space on banner play with the setting for you put it how you like.

Code:
.postheader {
    height: 1px;
}

if is not working try this

Code:
.postheader {
    height: 1px!important;
}
Sadly this doesn't work. The css code didn't overwritten the original one

Tried changing in Dev tool and it looked good though :(

chris37

Sadly this doesn't work. The css code didn't overwritten the original one

Tried changing in Dev tool and it looked good though :(
I change in my browser without a proplem (dev tool)
Where did you place the css code?
Did you try and the second one(with important)?
I know the origina theme is very hardcoding. But again you must be able to change it.

daniel-97

I really dont know about the original theme, ;)

Create a child theme and place the code in you style file ! (Maybe is the only way to overide the parent theme)

This is the look in the demo site of those , is look ok without any css

View attachment 13073
Yeah this is what I would like it to look like on my site!
I don't know why my banner is covering my header, I'll have a look at my settings